Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amiibo Tournament, 75+ contestants

+8
Keethkon
hihahaba
xVantonage
Blue
Arklaine
Havok
GameMasta97
xAverage
12 posters
Go down
xAverage
xAverage
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 169

Gold Gold : 31796

Likes Likes : 31

Amiibo Tournament, 75+ contestants - Page 20 Empty Amiibo Tournament, 75+ contestants

11/10/2016, 12:14 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
First topic message reminder :

Hey friends. I've been a lurker for a while, but I want to see how my guys fare against yours! I have 75 trained amiibo who have been competing in my own personal tournament for the better part of 8 months now. I'd love to get some new blood in the mix! Email me your entrants to josef.santos12@yahoo.com with the Subject "Amiibo Tournament".

I will use a Challonge Bracket. Accepting Amiibo until 10am on 11/14, starting the tournament at ~10:30am on 11/14.

Rules:

• Singles Format
  • Single Elimination
  • EDIT: 2 Stock, No Time Limit (Best of 3, Quarters, Semis, and Finals are Best of 5)
  • Smash Balls on Low
  • Random Omega Stages
  • Stats must be legit (Equal 120 or less)
  • No bans
  • All Amiibo will be saved. If you want a copy of your Amiibo Post-Tournament please let me know via email after the tournament is over.

Thanks for your participation! I still need a name for the tournament if you have any ideas let me hear em! :D
Also debating giving a prize if someone that is not me takes first place.. which I think is likely, I don't think my guys are all that great.. I'm not sure what Amiibos are rare anymore, so if someone wins I might just get them one of their choosing from Amazon. Again, I haven't decided this part yet.

1st Place: Cyrox's Lucina, Asuna
2nd Place: xAverage's Mega Man, iRobot
3rd Place: xAverage's Roy, Roy Toy
4th Place: TrainerBlue's Link, Sausage

Thank you to all who participated, I truly enjoyed running this large tournament and it helped exploit some of the weaknesses that I was blind to see in some of my guys. I look forward to being around more and participating in more tournaments/running more of my own. Good games to all and congrats to the winners.

I'm thinking that I will run another tournament, but this time doubles. Tentative start date would be 12/5. Hoping for 50 teams, I will be limiting my entrants this time around. Thanks again for all! 

CURRENT NUMBER OF COMPETITORS: 163

UPDATE: I will be randomizing all Amiibo including my own using Excel. I hadn't anticipated this many entrants and it's getting a little difficult to keep everything organized, but I will continue to accept until Monday. I will put a cap on it if it reaches 215 Amiibo.

UPDATE2: 2 Stock and No Time Limit. Again the number of entrants threw me off lol.

UPDATE3: Starting at 11:15CST. Just making sure everything is organized and ready to go. Also contacted some people who had issues sending their guys in, hopefully they can get them to me asap!

UPDATE4: Let the games begin! I had one participant who had issues sending their 5 contestants to me. I held 5 spots in the tournament for him and expect to have his participants later this afternoon. Until then, I will refrain from starting those matches, but the tournament will continue without them. Once I have his amiibo in, then I will catch them up to the current round. Those spots are marked with "Spot Held". I took my 5 worst amiibo out of the tournament to hold those spots. His amiibo will be randomly selected for each held spot.

UPDATE5: Break time! I might continue tonight and try to finish off Round 2.. But I am not sure how likely that will be. If I don't, then I will continue on tomorrow around 10:30 am CST. It's been awesome hosting thus far! Thanks for joining in!

UPDATE6: Will continue later this afternoon!

The Bracket: http://challonge.com/xAAA1

Last edited by Xaverage on 11/15/2016, 11:16 pm; edited 18 times in total

Yric the Black
Yric the Black
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 44

Gold Gold : 28762

Likes Likes : 1

Amiibo Tournament, 75+ contestants - Page 20 Empty Re: Amiibo Tournament, 75+ contestants

11/15/2016, 11:19 pm
Xaverage wrote:
xVantonage wrote:Are we going to need to rework the teir list?
I mean, EPS was allowed in this tournament. So that may have contributed to some upsets? Would the inclusion of that impact the tier list?
I think some results will take EPS in account, but some of the high ranking amiibos didn't have EPS, so I think some change will happen.
xAverage
xAverage
Standard Member

Amiibo Tournament, 75+ contestants - Page 20 Empty Re: Amiibo Tournament, 75+ contestants

11/15/2016, 11:19 pm
Blue wrote:GG to all! Thanks for hosting.
(I'll get my revenge on Cyrox for winning due to the 3/5 twist, lol.)
It was listed in the rules! There was no twist! :D
Blakers wrote:And a HUGE shoutout to xAverage for hosting this insane tournament! Thanks!
It was my pleasure! Thank you all for participating. I loved getting to see some big champs out there.
xAverage
xAverage
Standard Member

11/15/2016, 11:20 pm
Yric the Black wrote:
Xaverage wrote:
xVantonage wrote:Are we going to need to rework the teir list?
I mean, EPS was allowed in this tournament. So that may have contributed to some upsets? Would the inclusion of that impact the tier list?
I think some results will take EPS in account, but some of the high ranking amiibos didn't have EPS, so I think some change will happen.
True. Lillith was a menace. haha, I'm still not over her, I might reset my ZSS and model mine after her.
Keethkon
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 278

Gold Gold : 50944

Likes Likes : 14

11/15/2016, 11:44 pm
May I have Boi's Bin files please? It's Keeth, thanks!
Havok
Havok
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 135

Gold Gold : 32311

Likes Likes : 36

11/16/2016, 9:07 am
Final wrap-up

Wow!  What a tournament!  Firstly, Congrats to Cyrox and his Lucina, Asuna!  What a run to the finals!  Thank you so much Xaverage for putting it on.  This was a huge undertaking!

So, an S Tier won.  Not entirely unexpected, but taking nothing away from Cyrox.  Cyrox is a heck of a trainer!  I teamed up with an earlier version of this Lucina in an Amiibrawl doubles tournament.  The big surprise was Xaverage's Mega Man, iRobot.  We have never seen a Mega Man place so well and, if you can't tell by my avatar, I am a huge Mega Man fan!  I've just never been able to get my amiibo competitive enough to ever enter him.  I would love to see the stat and bonus setup of iRobot and some replays of that final.  Considering it went the full 5 games and, if it was 2 out of 3, iRobot would have won.

Speaking of some salt on the 3 out of 5 semis and finals, Blue's Link Sausage had a great run.  After dispatching Ares, my Marth (which I'm sure he'll never let me forget), he went on a tear knocking out Xaverage's Rosalina and the ever dangerous Pikachu only to lose to Cyrox's Lucina only because of the best 3 out of 5 rule.  Sausage won the first two games, but proceeded to give up the ghost and lost 3 to Asuna and 3 straight to Xaverage's Roy in the consolation game.

Another low tier surprise was YricTheBlack's ZSS, Lillith.  She put together an extremely impressive run, ending in a 3 out of 5 loss to the eventual champion in Round 6.  Well done!

What can we say about the results here?  We are happy that Little Mac didn't win.  Thank Keeth's Boi for a fair amount of that.  Keeth likes to "Mac Verifiy" his amiibo, so they have a ton of Mac XP and Boi has been a pet project for a while, almost single-handedly pulling DK from the depths of the tier list into a respectable spot.  Also, Xaverage has a thing with low tiers.  Both Mega Man and Roy as semi-finalists?  Very impressive.  Since there were no restrictions in this tournament, other than legal stats, EPS and Crits certainly played a factor.  Also the Smash Ball is an interesting randomizer, which definitely boosted Xaverage's Sparks.  It wasn't enough to beat Blue's Sausage.

All in all, this was fun to take part in.  I'm certainly glad that Xaverage came out of lurker status to put this on.  I am looking forward to his next endeavor.
Cyrox
Cyrox
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 94

Gold Gold : 30998

Likes Likes : 13

11/16/2016, 10:48 am
Well this was a pleasant surprise to wake up to.

Thank you everyone for your congratulations. Very special thank you to xAverage for holding this massive tournament. Takes quite a bit of fortitude.

GG to xAverage, Blue, and Yric. Against Lucina, they all came so close it truly could have gone either way, and yes I agree, the 3/5 really did save her.

Good work Keeth for making a killer DK knocking out Little Macs left and right.

And that Mega-Man, whoa boy. Took out my Mewtwo fairly easily by the look of things, and came THAT close to winning the whole thing.

My hat's off to you all.

Edit: Oh, and I definitely would like those bin files for mine. That could prove to be valuable experience.
xAverage
xAverage
Standard Member

11/16/2016, 12:06 pm
Mega Man was 40/40/40... but I was cheap and used Crit and EPS, + Improved Escapability.. lol. I'm going to try and rework some of my guys that rely on Crit and EPS as it is a bit cheap. But I figured for my first tournament out of lurking, I'd let anything go. I didn't expect Mega Man to place that well even with those, so I'm looking forward to messing around with him again.
xAverage
xAverage
Standard Member

11/16/2016, 12:12 pm
Will get out the .bins to those requested sometime today hopefully.
Yric the Black
Yric the Black
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 44

Gold Gold : 28762

Likes Likes : 1

11/16/2016, 8:56 pm
Just email Lillith's .bin whenever you have a chance. Thanks in advance
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum