Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amiibo Tournament, 75+ contestants

+8
Keethkon
hihahaba
xVantonage
Blue
Arklaine
Havok
GameMasta97
xAverage
12 posters
Go down
xAverage
xAverage
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 169

Gold Gold : 31796

Likes Likes : 31

Amiibo Tournament, 75+ contestants - Page 19 Empty Amiibo Tournament, 75+ contestants

11/10/2016, 12:14 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
First topic message reminder :

Hey friends. I've been a lurker for a while, but I want to see how my guys fare against yours! I have 75 trained amiibo who have been competing in my own personal tournament for the better part of 8 months now. I'd love to get some new blood in the mix! Email me your entrants to josef.santos12@yahoo.com with the Subject "Amiibo Tournament".

I will use a Challonge Bracket. Accepting Amiibo until 10am on 11/14, starting the tournament at ~10:30am on 11/14.

Rules:

• Singles Format
  • Single Elimination
  • EDIT: 2 Stock, No Time Limit (Best of 3, Quarters, Semis, and Finals are Best of 5)
  • Smash Balls on Low
  • Random Omega Stages
  • Stats must be legit (Equal 120 or less)
  • No bans
  • All Amiibo will be saved. If you want a copy of your Amiibo Post-Tournament please let me know via email after the tournament is over.

Thanks for your participation! I still need a name for the tournament if you have any ideas let me hear em! :D
Also debating giving a prize if someone that is not me takes first place.. which I think is likely, I don't think my guys are all that great.. I'm not sure what Amiibos are rare anymore, so if someone wins I might just get them one of their choosing from Amazon. Again, I haven't decided this part yet.

1st Place: Cyrox's Lucina, Asuna
2nd Place: xAverage's Mega Man, iRobot
3rd Place: xAverage's Roy, Roy Toy
4th Place: TrainerBlue's Link, Sausage

Thank you to all who participated, I truly enjoyed running this large tournament and it helped exploit some of the weaknesses that I was blind to see in some of my guys. I look forward to being around more and participating in more tournaments/running more of my own. Good games to all and congrats to the winners.

I'm thinking that I will run another tournament, but this time doubles. Tentative start date would be 12/5. Hoping for 50 teams, I will be limiting my entrants this time around. Thanks again for all! 

CURRENT NUMBER OF COMPETITORS: 163

UPDATE: I will be randomizing all Amiibo including my own using Excel. I hadn't anticipated this many entrants and it's getting a little difficult to keep everything organized, but I will continue to accept until Monday. I will put a cap on it if it reaches 215 Amiibo.

UPDATE2: 2 Stock and No Time Limit. Again the number of entrants threw me off lol.

UPDATE3: Starting at 11:15CST. Just making sure everything is organized and ready to go. Also contacted some people who had issues sending their guys in, hopefully they can get them to me asap!

UPDATE4: Let the games begin! I had one participant who had issues sending their 5 contestants to me. I held 5 spots in the tournament for him and expect to have his participants later this afternoon. Until then, I will refrain from starting those matches, but the tournament will continue without them. Once I have his amiibo in, then I will catch them up to the current round. Those spots are marked with "Spot Held". I took my 5 worst amiibo out of the tournament to hold those spots. His amiibo will be randomly selected for each held spot.

UPDATE5: Break time! I might continue tonight and try to finish off Round 2.. But I am not sure how likely that will be. If I don't, then I will continue on tomorrow around 10:30 am CST. It's been awesome hosting thus far! Thanks for joining in!

UPDATE6: Will continue later this afternoon!

The Bracket: http://challonge.com/xAAA1

Last edited by Xaverage on 11/15/2016, 11:16 pm; edited 18 times in total

Blakers
Blakers
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 514

Gold Gold : 45713

Likes Likes : 58

Amiibo Tournament, 75+ contestants - Page 19 Empty Re: Amiibo Tournament, 75+ contestants

11/15/2016, 11:08 pm
Xaverage wrote:
Blakers wrote:
Xaverage wrote:Woo MegaMan made the finals. I'm slightly shocked because I'd say he usually loses to my Roy 60% of the time. But still quite happy they both made it this far!
Yeah, if my Kirby lost to a SEMIFINALIST, who knows how far he could have gone had the bracket played out differently.
I'm excited to see more of that Kirby. In my own personal tournaments, that Roy is currently 4th or 5th I think. Only behind 2 Little Macs, a Rosalina, and possibly Pikachu.
Only problem is, Kirby relies somewhat heavily on bonuses that are generally frowned upon...
xAverage
xAverage
Standard Member

Amiibo Tournament, 75+ contestants - Page 19 Empty Re: Amiibo Tournament, 75+ contestants

11/15/2016, 11:09 pm
Blue wrote:A bit upset that I only lost because it was 3/5 not 2/3....
Haha sorry! But at least it was too a good competitor!
Blue
Blue
Administrator
Posts Posts : 889

Gold Gold : 56341

Likes Likes : 98

Blue wrote:A bit upset that I only lost because it was 3/5 not 2/3....
If it was 2/3, I could have very well got a 5th win, but oh well, rules are rules, GG.
xVantonage
xVantonage
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 88

Gold Gold : 29442

Likes Likes : 2

Are we going to need to rework the teir list?
xAverage
xAverage
Standard Member

11/15/2016, 11:11 pm
xVantonage wrote:Are we going to need to rework the teir list?
I mean, EPS was allowed in this tournament. So that may have contributed to some upsets? Would the inclusion of that impact the tier list?
xVantonage
xVantonage
Standard Member

11/15/2016, 11:14 pm
Xaverage wrote:
xVantonage wrote:Are we going to need to rework the teir list?
I mean, EPS was allowed in this tournament. So that may have contributed to some upsets? Would the inclusion of that impact the tier list?
I actually have no idea. I know it was discussed with palutena's placement, but I'm not sure what would warrant a change.
Blakers
Blakers
Mega Member

11/15/2016, 11:14 pm
Congrats to Cyrox!
xVantonage
xVantonage
Standard Member

11/15/2016, 11:15 pm
Well, guess I can accept being knocked out by the champion. congrats asuna.
Blue
Blue
Administrator
Posts Posts : 889

Gold Gold : 56341

Likes Likes : 98

11/15/2016, 11:16 pm
GG to all! Thanks for hosting.
(I'll get my revenge on Cyrox for winning due to the 3/5 twist, lol.)
Blakers
Blakers
Mega Member

11/15/2016, 11:17 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
And a HUGE shoutout to xAverage for hosting this insane tournament! Thanks!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum