Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amiibo Tournament, 75+ contestants

+8
Keethkon
hihahaba
xVantonage
Blue
Arklaine
Havok
GameMasta97
xAverage
12 posters
Go down
xAverage
xAverage
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 169

Gold Gold : 31926

Likes Likes : 31

Amiibo Tournament, 75+ contestants - Page 11 Empty Amiibo Tournament, 75+ contestants

11/10/2016, 12:14 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
First topic message reminder :

Hey friends. I've been a lurker for a while, but I want to see how my guys fare against yours! I have 75 trained amiibo who have been competing in my own personal tournament for the better part of 8 months now. I'd love to get some new blood in the mix! Email me your entrants to josef.santos12@yahoo.com with the Subject "Amiibo Tournament".

I will use a Challonge Bracket. Accepting Amiibo until 10am on 11/14, starting the tournament at ~10:30am on 11/14.

Rules:

• Singles Format
  • Single Elimination
  • EDIT: 2 Stock, No Time Limit (Best of 3, Quarters, Semis, and Finals are Best of 5)
  • Smash Balls on Low
  • Random Omega Stages
  • Stats must be legit (Equal 120 or less)
  • No bans
  • All Amiibo will be saved. If you want a copy of your Amiibo Post-Tournament please let me know via email after the tournament is over.

Thanks for your participation! I still need a name for the tournament if you have any ideas let me hear em! :D
Also debating giving a prize if someone that is not me takes first place.. which I think is likely, I don't think my guys are all that great.. I'm not sure what Amiibos are rare anymore, so if someone wins I might just get them one of their choosing from Amazon. Again, I haven't decided this part yet.

1st Place: Cyrox's Lucina, Asuna
2nd Place: xAverage's Mega Man, iRobot
3rd Place: xAverage's Roy, Roy Toy
4th Place: TrainerBlue's Link, Sausage

Thank you to all who participated, I truly enjoyed running this large tournament and it helped exploit some of the weaknesses that I was blind to see in some of my guys. I look forward to being around more and participating in more tournaments/running more of my own. Good games to all and congrats to the winners.

I'm thinking that I will run another tournament, but this time doubles. Tentative start date would be 12/5. Hoping for 50 teams, I will be limiting my entrants this time around. Thanks again for all! 

CURRENT NUMBER OF COMPETITORS: 163

UPDATE: I will be randomizing all Amiibo including my own using Excel. I hadn't anticipated this many entrants and it's getting a little difficult to keep everything organized, but I will continue to accept until Monday. I will put a cap on it if it reaches 215 Amiibo.

UPDATE2: 2 Stock and No Time Limit. Again the number of entrants threw me off lol.

UPDATE3: Starting at 11:15CST. Just making sure everything is organized and ready to go. Also contacted some people who had issues sending their guys in, hopefully they can get them to me asap!

UPDATE4: Let the games begin! I had one participant who had issues sending their 5 contestants to me. I held 5 spots in the tournament for him and expect to have his participants later this afternoon. Until then, I will refrain from starting those matches, but the tournament will continue without them. Once I have his amiibo in, then I will catch them up to the current round. Those spots are marked with "Spot Held". I took my 5 worst amiibo out of the tournament to hold those spots. His amiibo will be randomly selected for each held spot.

UPDATE5: Break time! I might continue tonight and try to finish off Round 2.. But I am not sure how likely that will be. If I don't, then I will continue on tomorrow around 10:30 am CST. It's been awesome hosting thus far! Thanks for joining in!

UPDATE6: Will continue later this afternoon!

The Bracket: http://challonge.com/xAAA1

Last edited by Xaverage on 11/15/2016, 11:16 pm; edited 18 times in total

xAverage
xAverage
Standard Member

Amiibo Tournament, 75+ contestants - Page 11 Empty Re: Amiibo Tournament, 75+ contestants

11/15/2016, 7:29 pm
YricTheBlack's Zero Suit Samus, Lillith, has been such a joy to watch. You can tell she is definitely well trained. She played a close game one against Keethkon's Lucario, won game 2 after an awesome comeback (1 Stock left with ~100% and Lucario had 2 stocks and the smash ball), and finally finishing off with a 2-0 for game 3.
Blakers
Blakers
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 514

Gold Gold : 45843

Likes Likes : 58

Amiibo Tournament, 75+ contestants - Page 11 Empty Re: Amiibo Tournament, 75+ contestants

11/15/2016, 7:47 pm
...And there goes Ness...:meh: I am not looking very good right now...
Arklaine
Arklaine
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 573

Gold Gold : 41592

Likes Likes : 95

11/15/2016, 8:01 pm
Gaston has failed me...

No one dies like Gaston
No one cries like Gaston
In a two-stock no one's JV3'd like Gaston

Ah well, I still have Prefersair and Diabeetus in there still.
xAverage
xAverage
Standard Member

11/15/2016, 8:04 pm
Arklaine wrote:Gaston has failed me...

No one dies like Gaston
No one cries like Gaston
In a two-stock no one's JV3'd like Gaston

Ah well, I still have Prefersair and Diabeetus in there still.
Haha, honestly, I was rooting for Prefersair and Gaston. I love rooting for the underdog.
Blakers
Blakers
Mega Member

11/15/2016, 8:11 pm
And then there were three...
For me...
Longest shot of century...
For me...
To obtain victory...
In this tourney...
hihahaba
hihahaba
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 98

Gold Gold : 30907

Likes Likes : 22

11/15/2016, 8:11 pm
GG to Arklaine and GG to Cyrox, I'm officially out of the tourney...
xAverage
xAverage
Standard Member

11/15/2016, 8:19 pm
Watching Heart vs. Mack.. I really thought Mack was gonna pull it off after Set 2. But my little mac actually started to use counter getting both KOs with it.
Blakers
Blakers
Mega Member

11/15/2016, 8:28 pm
Yay! Go Kirby!
GameMasta97
GameMasta97
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 534

Gold Gold : 39647

Likes Likes : 20

11/15/2016, 8:29 pm
Remember the 1v1 3/5 between our gunners?
It won 4-stocks ahead (total) with 3/3 games played
All because of a different setup!
Blue
Blue
Administrator
Posts Posts : 889

Gold Gold : 56471

Likes Likes : 98

11/15/2016, 8:30 pm
The suspense for Ares VS Sausage is real!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum