Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amiibo Tournament, 75+ contestants

+8
Keethkon
hihahaba
xVantonage
Blue
Arklaine
Havok
GameMasta97
xAverage
12 posters
Go down
xAverage
xAverage
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 169

Gold Gold : 31796

Likes Likes : 31

Amiibo Tournament, 75+ contestants Empty Amiibo Tournament, 75+ contestants

11/10/2016, 12:14 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Hey friends. I've been a lurker for a while, but I want to see how my guys fare against yours! I have 75 trained amiibo who have been competing in my own personal tournament for the better part of 8 months now. I'd love to get some new blood in the mix! Email me your entrants to josef.santos12@yahoo.com with the Subject "Amiibo Tournament".

I will use a Challonge Bracket. Accepting Amiibo until 10am on 11/14, starting the tournament at ~10:30am on 11/14.

Rules:

• Singles Format
  • Single Elimination
  • EDIT: 2 Stock, No Time Limit (Best of 3, Quarters, Semis, and Finals are Best of 5)
  • Smash Balls on Low
  • Random Omega Stages
  • Stats must be legit (Equal 120 or less)
  • No bans
  • All Amiibo will be saved. If you want a copy of your Amiibo Post-Tournament please let me know via email after the tournament is over.

Thanks for your participation! I still need a name for the tournament if you have any ideas let me hear em! :D
Also debating giving a prize if someone that is not me takes first place.. which I think is likely, I don't think my guys are all that great.. I'm not sure what Amiibos are rare anymore, so if someone wins I might just get them one of their choosing from Amazon. Again, I haven't decided this part yet.

1st Place: Cyrox's Lucina, Asuna
2nd Place: xAverage's Mega Man, iRobot
3rd Place: xAverage's Roy, Roy Toy
4th Place: TrainerBlue's Link, Sausage

Thank you to all who participated, I truly enjoyed running this large tournament and it helped exploit some of the weaknesses that I was blind to see in some of my guys. I look forward to being around more and participating in more tournaments/running more of my own. Good games to all and congrats to the winners.

I'm thinking that I will run another tournament, but this time doubles. Tentative start date would be 12/5. Hoping for 50 teams, I will be limiting my entrants this time around. Thanks again for all! 

CURRENT NUMBER OF COMPETITORS: 163

UPDATE: I will be randomizing all Amiibo including my own using Excel. I hadn't anticipated this many entrants and it's getting a little difficult to keep everything organized, but I will continue to accept until Monday. I will put a cap on it if it reaches 215 Amiibo.

UPDATE2: 2 Stock and No Time Limit. Again the number of entrants threw me off lol.

UPDATE3: Starting at 11:15CST. Just making sure everything is organized and ready to go. Also contacted some people who had issues sending their guys in, hopefully they can get them to me asap!

UPDATE4: Let the games begin! I had one participant who had issues sending their 5 contestants to me. I held 5 spots in the tournament for him and expect to have his participants later this afternoon. Until then, I will refrain from starting those matches, but the tournament will continue without them. Once I have his amiibo in, then I will catch them up to the current round. Those spots are marked with "Spot Held". I took my 5 worst amiibo out of the tournament to hold those spots. His amiibo will be randomly selected for each held spot.

UPDATE5: Break time! I might continue tonight and try to finish off Round 2.. But I am not sure how likely that will be. If I don't, then I will continue on tomorrow around 10:30 am CST. It's been awesome hosting thus far! Thanks for joining in!

UPDATE6: Will continue later this afternoon!

The Bracket: http://challonge.com/xAAA1

Last edited by Xaverage on 11/15/2016, 11:16 pm; edited 18 times in total
GameMasta97
GameMasta97
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 534

Gold Gold : 39517

Likes Likes : 20

Amiibo Tournament, 75+ contestants Empty Re: Amiibo Tournament, 75+ contestants

11/10/2016, 12:22 am
I'll send my amiibo as soon as I can
Setting my amiibo up will take awhile, so don't start without me!
Havok
Havok
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 135

Gold Gold : 32311

Likes Likes : 36

11/10/2016, 10:15 am
Will you have a Challonge bracket?  This sounds like a fun deal.  A battle for the ages!
Arklaine
Arklaine
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 573

Gold Gold : 41462

Likes Likes : 95

11/10/2016, 12:26 pm
I'll send a handful of my own.

Also, nice to meet you!
xAverage
xAverage
Standard Member

11/10/2016, 12:39 pm
Oh goodness! I didn't realize how many people would want in! I'll accept amiibo until 10AM CST on Monday the 14th as I realized I won't have time until then to do the tournament. I'll do a Challonge Bracket as well and update as I go. I'll start the tournament around 1030am on that Monday as well. Can't wait to see how it all pans out!
Blue
Blue
Administrator
Posts Posts : 889

Gold Gold : 56341

Likes Likes : 98

11/10/2016, 4:10 pm
So we can send as many amiibo as we want, correct?
xAverage
xAverage
Standard Member

11/10/2016, 4:15 pm
Yessir! If it gets ridiculously high, then I'll put a cap on it. But there's plenty of room!
Blue
Blue
Administrator

11/10/2016, 7:32 pm
I just sent four amiibo.
xVantonage
xVantonage
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 88

Gold Gold : 29442

Likes Likes : 2

11/10/2016, 7:33 pm
I might have a few in mind. guess I'll throw them into the mix.
Blue
Blue
Administrator

11/10/2016, 7:56 pm
Who normally places well in your personal tourneys?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum