Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
xAverage
xAverage
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 169

Gold Gold : 31846

Likes Likes : 31

Meta Knight Training Tips? Empty Meta Knight Training Tips?

12/10/2016, 10:14 pm
I am really struggling with this guy. His Forward Smash is slow, his specials are meh/potential SD with Side B, he for some reason keeps trying to do aerials, and he's just frustrating. I can beat him myself 80% of the time just exploiting certain character strengths. I just can't seem to get him to a competitive standpoint. I've tried a few different spreads/Bonus effects and none seem to do the trick for this little fella. Best luck I had was teaching him to dodge and get the Forward Smash KO with an overload type of setup and that would need his opponent to make a big mistake. He's just frustrating.
Blue
Blue
Administrator
Posts Posts : 889

Gold Gold : 56391

Likes Likes : 98

Meta Knight Training Tips? Empty Re: Meta Knight Training Tips?

12/10/2016, 10:36 pm
Meta Knight amiibo are just a pile of trash, lol.
Blue
Blue
Administrator

12/10/2016, 10:38 pm
I know Hihahaba has had some luck getting Mirror Shield to work well on him, so I would ask him for some MK advice.
xAverage
xAverage
Standard Member

12/10/2016, 11:12 pm
Blue wrote:Meta Knight amiibo are just a pile of trash, lol.
Lol. I'm using your Ganondorf right now to train with him. I took a break to go eat dinner and thought what if I said screw the def. He'll probably get KO'd anyway. So I went 60/0/60 with Health-Restoring Shield, Improved Escapability, and Improved Dodge. So far, it's looking alright! He's keeping up with Ganondorf, just struggling to get the KO, but I think that's a decent trade considering how trash he's supposed to be. I think I might have something going here with this setup, but I definitely need to work on his defensive mechanics a bit more. But I think this has a chance!

edit: false alarm, still trash.
Blue
Blue
Administrator

12/11/2016, 1:56 pm
Xaverage wrote:
Blue wrote:Meta Knight amiibo are just a pile of trash, lol.
Lol. I'm using your Ganondorf right now to train with him. I took a break to go eat dinner and thought what if I said screw the def. He'll probably get KO'd anyway. So I went 60/0/60 with Health-Restoring Shield, Improved Escapability, and Improved Dodge. So far, it's looking alright! He's keeping up with Ganondorf, just struggling to get the KO, but I think that's a decent trade considering how trash he's supposed to be. I think I might have something going here with this setup, but I definitely need to work on his defensive mechanics a bit more. But I think this has a chance!

edit: false alarm, still trash.
Ganondorf has some MK EXP, MK loses 0-2 everytime.
Blue
Blue
Administrator

12/11/2016, 2:10 pm
I may Ness around more with my MK today, see if I can get him good enough for XAAA2 or ANT2.
xAverage
xAverage
Standard Member

12/13/2016, 11:17 pm
Blue wrote:I may Ness around more with my MK today, see if I can get him good enough for XAAA2 or ANT2.
Any luck? Mine has spurts of greatness where he gets the first stock and does well, then fails the rest of the match + next 10 lol. I so desperately want to represent some of the lower tiered guys.
Blue
Blue
Administrator

12/14/2016, 3:37 pm
I always get frustrated every time I try to make him good, and quit, but I may give him one more chance for ANT.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum