Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
LittleFang
LittleFang
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 146

Gold Gold : 31004

Likes Likes : 29

Palutena and Samus Training Tips? Empty Palutena and Samus Training Tips?

2/8/2017, 1:39 am
I just got a Palutena and Samus amiibo and I want to know what to do and not do when training them.
Arklaine
Arklaine
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 573

Gold Gold : 41512

Likes Likes : 95

Palutena and Samus Training Tips? Empty Re: Palutena and Samus Training Tips?

2/8/2017, 2:10 pm
These two require A LOT of work. Okay, here I go:

Palutena's smashes are two slow to properly counterattack OoS (out-of-shield), so I recommend giving her shield bonuses like Mirror Shield and Health-Restoring Shield to help her rack up damage. As for her OoS attack, jab is her best option, though you need to constantly mirror match her after every match she fights, as she tends to forget to use jab OoS and instead uses her laggy FSmash, which gets her punished. The second-best OoS option to teach her is USmash, if training her to jab is too difficult. Also use Autoreticle a lot. Oh, and don't bother with her Counter; she NEVER uses it.

Custom-wise, she should only have Angelic Missile as a custom Side B.

So in summary for training Palutena, basically teach her to rely on her shield and proper counterattacks.

Samus' AI makes her to be an up-close-and-personal fighter, despite being a projectile, campy character. Too bad the majority of her melee attacks are laggy. She can still learn to fire missiles and charged Charge Shots, but like any amiibo with charging mechanics, she needs to be constantly taught to do this. When fighting up close, she should be taught to use DTilt since it's her fastest tilt, I believe. She sometimes aims upward when using FSmash, which can whiff against smaller opponents, but this problem is easily fixed.

Custom-wise, I don't personally use any on mine, but I hear Mega Bomb can be considered.

So in summary for training Samus, teach her that her projectiles should be used, and that DTilt, DSmash and FSmash could be her melee attacks.

Hope this helps!
Blue
Blue
Administrator
Posts Posts : 889

Gold Gold : 56391

Likes Likes : 98

2/8/2017, 2:42 pm
Palutena has laggy attacks, meaning I highly suggest teaching her to abuse her jab and teach her proper shield usage.(Give her mirror shield) 

As far as Samus goes, she can handle around -40 speed, as it won't kill her recovery. I suggest teaching Samus to use the custom Mega Bomb, fully charge her neutral b, and use her missile from a distance. As for melee fighting with her, down tilt, forward smash, and forward tilt should be her main moves.

Setups:
Plautena
60/60/0
-Mirror Shield
-Moon Launcher
-Escape

Samus
40/120/-40
-Escape
-Auto Heal
-Auto Heal
LittleFang
LittleFang
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 146

Gold Gold : 31004

Likes Likes : 29

2/10/2017, 12:17 am
Thank you both for the tips and I'll think about them a lot when training them.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum