Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
King pingu
King pingu
Newbie Member
Posts Posts : 7

Gold Gold : 25940

Likes Likes : 0

researching meta knight Empty researching meta knight

4/23/2017, 4:58 pm
I heard that meta knight is one of the worst characters in the amiibo meta-game and I decided to try to make it not true and no matter how awful it is, it always has potential. so what I did first was I mirror matched him and immediately I saw how bad he was. he even down-b'd off of the edge.
i thought to myself why he was doing this and i think it's because he is unable to be hit while using down-b so I swapped sheild piercer with stealth smasher because it has longer reach than the others. but instead he stopped using it to recover and his skills improved immensely, not only did he beat me against my main (kirby) he two stocked my king dedede TWICE!!!
where as before he couldn't get a ko

now after doing so well I picked up meta knight, laid on my bed and thought about my life for 5 minutes. I thought "he can't be this good" so i set him up with every amiibo in my collection, 2-stocks 2 matches for each setup and he won every match
apart from when ice kirby won once.
so in conclusion, just give meta knight stealth smasher (down-b no.3) and he'll become much better already.
(this was with stat spread 40/40/40 and bonuses improved escape/easy dodging/easy perfect shield)
all im trying to do now is to give him a new name and costume, then he'll be perfect.
LittleFang
LittleFang
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 146

Gold Gold : 30954

Likes Likes : 29

researching meta knight Empty Re: researching meta knight

4/23/2017, 9:02 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
I'm sure there's much more to it than that.
Keethkon
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 278

Gold Gold : 50944

Likes Likes : 14

4/24/2017, 2:39 am
It all comes down to the bonuses, customs and move usage of the amiibo to make them good in the end. Sometimes bad matchups could occur for them, so anything can happen in a tournament. Changing everything on them affects their good and bad habits and personality as usual too.
Cloud
Cloud
Founder & Administrator
Posts Posts : 2722

Gold Gold : 48869

Likes Likes : 102

4/24/2017, 12:51 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
[quote="King pingu"I picked up meta knight, laid on my bed and thought about my life for 5 minutes.[/quote]

I love this quote so much

But Meta Knight's pretty bad, good luck working with him. He's a tough one.
PaperLuigi3
PaperLuigi3
Newbie Member
Posts Posts : 12

Gold Gold : 26055

Likes Likes : 0

4/24/2017, 2:47 pm
It sounds like you've discovered something interesting. Stick him in a tournament and let us know how it goes.
TheAmiiboPirate
TheAmiiboPirate
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 37

Gold Gold : 26876

Likes Likes : 1

4/24/2017, 7:26 pm
Maybe you finally discovered Meta Knight's true potential. It makes me happy to hear that he's finally going be good (hopefully)!
Blade the cheetah
Blade the cheetah
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 202

Gold Gold : 33575

Likes Likes : 30

5/18/2017, 2:08 am
Sounds like yiu are on the right track! Also one of MK's best match ups is against big and slow characters so DDD is usually deaddeaddead. Ive been told i currently have one of the best MK id like to see mine fight yours one day.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum