Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

xAverage's Amiibo All-Stars 2: Doubles (xAAA2)

+8
GameMasta97
Nickural
Blue
Keethkon
Blakers
DONkLE
Arklaine
xAverage
12 posters
Go down
xAverage
xAverage
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 169

Gold Gold : 31886

Likes Likes : 31

2 - xAverage's Amiibo All-Stars 2: Doubles (xAAA2) - Page 7 Empty xAverage's Amiibo All-Stars 2: Doubles (xAAA2)

11/19/2016, 1:54 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
First topic message reminder :

Rules:

• Doubles
  • Single Elimination
  • 3 Stock (6 per team), best of 3, no time limit.
  • No Smash Ball
  • No EPS
  • No Macs
  • All matches will be played on Battlefield.
  • S and A Tier Amiibo cannot be paired with S or A Tier Amiibo (S/A + S/A = NO; S + B = YES; A + C = YES)
  • You can send 3 teams. This may expand later, but for now only 3 teams. I hope to get 50-60 teams in this tournament.
  • Stats must be legit (Equal 120 or less)
  • Amiibo will not be saved this time.
  • Seeding will be randomized, but I will modify a few (if necessary) so you do not face yourself in the early stages of the tournament.

Send Amiibo to josef.santos12@yahoo.com

Challonge Bracket: http://challonge.com/xAAA2/

UPDATE: A few entrants were rule-breaking (No S/A + S/A Teams), thus I added a few of my non-A/S tiered Amiibo as partners to allow those entrants to compete. More info is in the description on the Bracket. These new teams are entered without any prior experience with each other. No training was implemented. I solely wanted to keep the tournament relatively large and at least give the Amiibo that were entered a chance. On a more positive note, the tournament is starting!

Total Teams: 37

Last edited by Xaverage on 12/10/2016, 3:04 pm; edited 4 times in total

Arklaine
Arklaine
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 573

Gold Gold : 41552

Likes Likes : 95

2 - xAverage's Amiibo All-Stars 2: Doubles (xAAA2) - Page 7 Empty Re: xAverage's Amiibo All-Stars 2: Doubles (xAAA2)

12/3/2016, 7:41 pm
Xaverage wrote:Arklaine.... that wombo combo is so beautiful. I just wish you'd stop doing it to my guys haha.
They can't help it... They've fought together for so long, they KNOW how to set up combos.

By the way, you should save and upload those replays.
xAverage
xAverage
Standard Member

2 - xAverage's Amiibo All-Stars 2: Doubles (xAAA2) - Page 7 Empty Re: xAverage's Amiibo All-Stars 2: Doubles (xAAA2)

12/3/2016, 7:48 pm
SWEET 16

xAverage's Miss Fit and Dorf def. Arklaine's Muscular Headband Bros (6-5, 5-6, 6-4)
Honestly, the number of times that I heard a perfect shield in this match-up was a bit crazy. KAMIKAZE! and Miss Fit were getting some kickass shields. But the tightness of this match was so crazy. The entire time there was no telling of who was going to win. And I have to give it to Arklaine, KAMIKAZE and Greil got so many KOs from a grab from one into a Charged smash from the other. It was beautiful to watch.. if it wasn't to my own guys. In the third set, Miss Fit and Dorf took a 2 stock lead, but both hovered at ~180%. A big hit from Dorf knocked Greil Jr. flying while they were able to quickly take out KAMIKAZE then handle Greil Jr. together.

Keethkon's Booty Plug and Kobayashi def. Blue's Average Animals (6-1, 6-1)
Two dominating performances in a row for these two. Sucks for whoever faces them next.. oh right me. In all seriousness though, Kobayashi and Booty Plug don't rely on each other to win, as they both individually kick butt. But anytime they work together they dominate. It was awesome to see how easily they handled these two teams, both when they split them into 1v1s and then again when they stayed close. Quite a menacing pair.

On to the Elite 8!
xAverage
xAverage
Standard Member

12/3/2016, 7:49 pm
Arklaine wrote:
Xaverage wrote:Arklaine.... that wombo combo is so beautiful. I just wish you'd stop doing it to my guys haha.
They can't help it... They've fought together for so long, they KNOW how to set up combos.

By the way, you should save and upload those replays.
haha, well they're damn good at it.

I would love to, but I don't have any solid recording stuff besides the Wii U's thing to youtube. And that would take ages to upload 36 matches.
xAverage
xAverage
Standard Member

12/3/2016, 7:50 pm
Congratulations to Blakers (2), Cyrox (1), Xenowars (1), Keethkon (2), Myself (2) for making it to the elite 8. (Parentheses is how many teams they have left). Best of luck to all. Also Keethkon, we play each other twice in this next round lol.
Blue
Blue
Administrator
Posts Posts : 889

Gold Gold : 56431

Likes Likes : 98

12/3/2016, 7:52 pm
Xaverage wrote:SWEET 16

xAverage's Miss Fit and Dorf def. Arklaine's Muscular Headband Bros (6-5, 5-6, 6-4)
Honestly, the number of times that I heard a perfect shield in this match-up was a bit crazy. KAMIKAZE! and Miss Fit were getting some kickass shields. But the tightness of this match was so crazy. The entire time there was no telling of who was going to win. And I have to give it to Arklaine, KAMIKAZE and Greil got so many KOs from a grab from one into a Charged smash from the other. It was beautiful to watch.. if it wasn't to my own guys. In the third set, Miss Fit and Dorf took a 2 stock lead, but both hovered at ~180%. A big hit from Dorf knocked Greil Jr. flying while they were able to quickly take out KAMIKAZE then handle Greil Jr. together.

Two dominating performances in a row for these two. Sucks for whoever faces them next.. oh right me. In all seriousness though, Kobayashi and Booty Plug don't rely on each other to win, as they both individually kick butt. But anytime they work together they dominate. It was awesome to see how easily they handled these two teams, both when they split them into 1v1s and then again when they stayed close. Quite a menacing pair.

On to the Elite 8!
GG Keeth
Keethkon
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 278

Gold Gold : 51034

Likes Likes : 14

12/3/2016, 7:55 pm
Blue wrote:
Xaverage wrote:SWEET 16

On to the Elite 8!
GG Keeth
GG, Blue!
xAverage
xAverage
Standard Member

12/3/2016, 8:05 pm
ELITE 8

Cyrox's Sacred Swords def. Blaker's Pokepuff (3-6, 6-4, 6-5)
As with the previous round, Kirby's foes had trouble knocking her out. She lasts pretty long and relatively high percentages. Charizard as well was difficult to KO. After many perfect shields, the Sacred Swords were able to pull out a set 2 victory. In the final set, it the focus was to separate your foes by knocking them away then piling on one of them. Both sides tried to utilize this strategy. By the end it was still neck and neck with Charizard and Skywalker at ~200%. Charizard went for the kill, but Skywalker's counter took care of him first.

Xenowars' Counter Smashers def. Blaker's Beauty and the Beast (3-6, 6-3, 6-2)
The motto for this round was simply who can keep the momentum going. The Counter Smashers kept their foes from retaliating by trading the frames in which they would use their neutral attacks. This allowed them to rack up a lot of damage and finish off with a smash. On the other side, Rosalina and DK were trying to focus on big hits to KO their foes. In the end, Counter Smashers were able to play to their strength better and finished off Beauty and the Beast in a 6-2 win.
xAverage
xAverage
Standard Member

12/3/2016, 8:19 pm
ELITE 8

xAverage's Excalibur and Mordecai def. Keethkon's Boi and Kenji (4-6, 6-4, 6-5)
In set 1, Kenji's Aura proved to be a big factor in winning the match. Excalibur and Mordecai took a lead 3-2 (Kenji with both stocks at 180%). DK Stole a stock and Kenji went crazy. With a KO, Kenji tied it up at 2-2, then together they sent Mordecai flying. After a missed Smash attack by Excalibur, Boi and Kenji knocked him off as well. Set 2 was the same story, except Mordecai was left to fend for himself. This time around, Mordecai was able to KO Kenji and take Boi on in the 1v1. Set 3 was back and forth. With both teams past 100% with 1 stock on each character, Excalibur pulled off the perfect counter resulting in a double kill and a Semi Final birth for his team.

xAverage's Miss Fit and Dorf def. Keethkon's Booty Plug and Kobayashi (6-3, 6-3)
Booty Plug abnd Kobayashi proved to be quite difficult to handle. Miss Fit and Dorf struggled greatly to take care of Booty Plug, but his auto heal and Lifesteal kept him healthy in set 1 and 2. The first set wasn't even close. Booty Plug and Kobayashi separated their two foes and handled them 1v1. In the following match up, Miss Fit and Dorf took a quick 3-0 lead, but they couldn't get any damage on Booty Plug anymore. They were handled quickly losing the next 6 stocks without and retaliaton.

Last edited by Xaverage on 12/3/2016, 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Keethkon
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 278

Gold Gold : 51034

Likes Likes : 14

12/3/2016, 8:24 pm
GG xAverage. Those were some good matches.
xAverage
xAverage
Standard Member

12/3/2016, 8:26 pm
Keethkon wrote:GG xAverage. Those were some good matches.
Defintely. This next one is interesting so far. Both our guys keep spamming counter lol.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum