Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

xAverage's Amiibo All-Stars 2: Doubles (xAAA2)

+8
GameMasta97
Nickural
Blue
Keethkon
Blakers
DONkLE
Arklaine
xAverage
12 posters
Go down
xAverage
xAverage
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 169

Gold Gold : 31726

Likes Likes : 31

2 - xAverage's Amiibo All-Stars 2: Doubles (xAAA2) - Page 4 Empty xAverage's Amiibo All-Stars 2: Doubles (xAAA2)

11/19/2016, 1:54 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
First topic message reminder :

Rules:

• Doubles
  • Single Elimination
  • 3 Stock (6 per team), best of 3, no time limit.
  • No Smash Ball
  • No EPS
  • No Macs
  • All matches will be played on Battlefield.
  • S and A Tier Amiibo cannot be paired with S or A Tier Amiibo (S/A + S/A = NO; S + B = YES; A + C = YES)
  • You can send 3 teams. This may expand later, but for now only 3 teams. I hope to get 50-60 teams in this tournament.
  • Stats must be legit (Equal 120 or less)
  • Amiibo will not be saved this time.
  • Seeding will be randomized, but I will modify a few (if necessary) so you do not face yourself in the early stages of the tournament.

Send Amiibo to josef.santos12@yahoo.com

Challonge Bracket: http://challonge.com/xAAA2/

UPDATE: A few entrants were rule-breaking (No S/A + S/A Teams), thus I added a few of my non-A/S tiered Amiibo as partners to allow those entrants to compete. More info is in the description on the Bracket. These new teams are entered without any prior experience with each other. No training was implemented. I solely wanted to keep the tournament relatively large and at least give the Amiibo that were entered a chance. On a more positive note, the tournament is starting!

Total Teams: 37

Last edited by Xaverage on 12/10/2016, 3:04 pm; edited 4 times in total

xAverage
xAverage
Standard Member

2 - xAverage's Amiibo All-Stars 2: Doubles (xAAA2) - Page 4 Empty Re: xAverage's Amiibo All-Stars 2: Doubles (xAAA2)

12/2/2016, 12:42 pm
Hi all! Something came up that I have to take care of today. I'll try to run the tournament tomorrow. If not Monday. I'll try to at least set up the challenge bracket today. Best of luck to all!
Blue
Blue
Administrator
Posts Posts : 889

Gold Gold : 56271

Likes Likes : 98

2 - xAverage's Amiibo All-Stars 2: Doubles (xAAA2) - Page 4 Empty Re: xAverage's Amiibo All-Stars 2: Doubles (xAAA2)

12/3/2016, 11:47 am
Best of luck to everyone!
xAverage
xAverage
Standard Member

12/3/2016, 1:03 pm
My parents had to go to a wake/funeral so I'm helping housesit. Looks like I'll have some time this afternoon to set everything up and hopefully start it.
xAverage
xAverage
Standard Member

12/3/2016, 4:12 pm
Starting tournament now. Seeding is set, bracket is up. You are guaranteed that you will not face your own team until at least QuarterFinals (should two of your teams make it there). Best of luck to all.
xAverage
xAverage
Standard Member

12/3/2016, 4:55 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Bye Round:
xAverage's Senpai + Roy Toy def. xVantonage's Arctic Powerhouse (6-2, 6-5)
Senpai and Roy Toy using their Side B's caused a lot of problems for Arctic Powerhouse in Set 1. Dededestroy looked out ranged and struggled getting good hits in. On the otherhand, Eliw33d managed to get some decent damage going, but struggled finishing them off. Senpai and Roy Toy stayed very close together and were only KO'd when Arctic Powerhouse were able to separate them. 2 counters for Senpai helped seal the set 1 victory (both resulting in kills) 6-2. The second set was a nailbiter however, Dedestroy and Eliw33d dodged at the perfect times and Dededstroy's Side B knocked Senpai and Roy Toy around. It was stock for stock for the whole match. Unfortunately for Arctic Powerhouse, Eliw33d got knocked out leaving Dedestroy in a 2v1 against these swordsmen. The second set ended 6-5. They will be facing off against Arklaine's French aMiiBros in the next round.

Blue's #2 Power def. BladeTheCheetah's Garrett and Feeling It (6-3, 6-3)
On paper, I thought Shulk would've dominated this match. But #2 Power utilized the map well. They were using the 3 elevated platforms and it looked like Garrett and Feeling It weren't as comfortable playing in the air. #2 Power definitely capitalized when Garrett and Feeling It followed up and they were able to get big hits while their opponents were still in the air. 6-3, 6-3 victory for #2 Power. I would be a bit frightened going against those two. They not only were trained mechanically, but they used the map efficiently. They will be facing off against MaskXP's Green Machine in the next round.

XenoWar's The Counter Smashers def. BTC's Friend's Rosalina and xAverage's Sparks (6-3, 6-3)
The rule preventing BTC Friend's Rosalina to stay with her partner Williams (Zelda) definitely caused the downfall of this match. Sparks and Rosalina never looked like they were on the same page. If you didn't know any better, you would've thought it was The Counter Smashers v. Rosalina v. Sparks. They were just doing their own thing. They were able to rack up some damage from a far, but struggled getting the KOs. They played separated for 90% of the match. After the first set, it didn't look like there was much hope for them. The Counter Smashers won 6-3, 6-3. They will be facing off against Cyrox's Wandering Warriors in the next round.

Cyrox's Future Fitness def. Blue's Book and the Blade (6-4, 6-4)
When I saw these guys got matched up, I was a bit disappointed. As I was organizing for the tournament, I thought both of these teams would make it a bit far. Asuna won my last tournament and if you know me, I have a thing for lower tiered guys. So seeing Lance (Roy) and J.Michaels (WFT) got me super pumped. The match was awesome. Asuna definitely took lead with J.Michaels following suit very quickly. Future Fitness separated The Book and the Blade as much as they could. Asuna racked up high amounts of damage while J.Michaels finished them off with her side smashes. Empraihm (Robin) tried to get damage out with her neutral B while Lance fought more close ranged. In the end, it was the former champion making all the moves and dictating this match. It was a fun one to watch with all the chaos, but it eventually had to end. Future Fitness finished with a 2 set victory (6-4. 6-4). They will be facing off against xAverage's Excalibur (Mii Swordfighter) and Mordecai (Falco) in the next round.

Blue's Average Animals def. GameMasta97's Knights in Armor (6-3, 5-6, 6-4)
I always root for the underdogs, or in the case of amiibo the lower tiered guys. Courage (Duck Hunt) and Mozilla (Fox) played extremely cohesively in the first set. Anytime I glanced at that screen they were right next to each other; while MyImmortal (Link) and Mii Swordfighter were conflicted on the strategy. Link was keeping distance with his aerial grabs, while Mii Swordfighter was trying to get up close and personal. This proved ineffective causing them to lose the first set 6-3. Average Animals came out swinging in the second set with a 3-0 lead, but that fell quickly. MyImmortal refrained from his aerial jumps and fought up close with Mii Swordfighter. They were able to get some quick kills to bring them back to 3-3 with minimal damage on themselves. The end of the set was pretty quick as well. Mozilla died first leaving the Courage with 2 Stock, 180% and both the Knights in Armor with 1 stock ~70%. Mozilla shared his teammate's stock as Courage got knocked out. He was left in a 2v1 with virtually no chance of pulling it out. In the final set, Average Animals were able to pull it out. Duck Hunt's can caused problems and in an attempt to dodge it, Mii Swordfighter jumped over only to be KO by a Mozilla Smash attack. They couldn't get things back together and lost that set 4-6. Average Animals will face Hihahaba's Cool Sword Dudes in the next round.
xAverage
xAverage
Standard Member

12/3/2016, 5:19 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Round 1, Part 1.
xAverage's Senpai and Roy Toy def. Arklaine's The French aMiiBros (6-4, 6-1)
Roy Toy and Senpai held true to their game one strategy of spamming Side B. But the French aMiiBros are no slouches. Gaston packs a huge punch. His aerials and smashes made big moves in KOing his opponents. Coupling that with Frollo's Counter and Up Smash, they caused a lot of problems for Senpai and Roy Toy in the first set. The tides were turned when Senpai's Neutral B Broke Frollo's Shield and KO'd Gaston. Senpai and Roy Toy both charged up Side Smashes and knocked Frollo out for the Set 1 Victory (6-4). In the second set, Senpai and Roy Toy looked unstoppable. I think they learned that they could outrange the aMiiBros. They finished the set off 6-1 ending with 158% on Senpai and 114% on Roy Toy. They will be playing against Pokepuff in the Pre-Quarterfinals.

Blaker's Pokepuff def. BladeTheCheetah's Meowser and Super Kong (6-4, 6-3)
The phrase the bigger they are, the harder they fall kept flying through my head as I watched these guys. Meowser (Bowser) and Super Kong (Donkey Kong) are TANKS. They hold their ground, but they are slow. Blaker's Kirby, as I learned from my first tournament (he knocked out 3 of my guys), is agile and smart. Meowser and Super Kong struggled to get the hits on it. But when they did, Kirby went flying. But anytime Kirby took a hit, Charizard was ready to swoop in and avenge his partner. Pokepuff finished relatively quickly in a 2 set victory (6-4, 6-3). They will be playing against Senpai and Roy Toy in the Pre-Quarterfinals.

Keethkon's NessTea and The Fist def. GameMasta97's The Strategics (6-2, 6-4)
Set 1 finished in less than 2 and a half minutes. NessTea's PK Thunder knocked himself into both the Strategics and The Fist's Falcon Kick racked up the damage and left NessTea and The Fist many options to get the KOs. Set 2, The Strategics were able to dodge that combo forcing NessTea and The Fist to do something new. But it looked as if The Strategics were mechanically outmatched. They had some good dodges leading into big hits, but the mobility of NessTea and TheFist coupled with their strong smashes led to a defeat for The Strategics and eliminated GameMasta97 from the tournament. NessTea and the Fist will face Dart and Skywalker in the Pre-QuarterFinal.

Cyrox's Sacred Swords def. Xenowars Drearan and xAverage's Barry (6-2, 6-3)
It wasn't hard to see this one coming. But surprisingly, Drearan and Barry were very close for the first half of each set. They beat Sacred Swords to 2 Stocks first both times, but they were no match for Dart and Skywalker. This tournament is all about working with your partner, and due to the handicap (caused by the rule break), there wasn't much for these two to win. Sacred Swords will have a good fight in the next round against NessTea and the Fist.

Last edited by Xaverage on 12/3/2016, 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blue
Blue
Administrator

12/3/2016, 5:31 pm
GG to GameMasta and MegaVGmaster.
Blakers
Blakers
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 514

Gold Gold : 45643

Likes Likes : 58

12/3/2016, 5:34 pm
GG Blade and Arklaine. Thanks for the kind words, xAverage!
Arklaine
Arklaine
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 573

Gold Gold : 41392

Likes Likes : 95

12/3/2016, 5:36 pm
Xaverage wrote:Round 1, Part 1.
xAverage's Senpai and Roy Toy def. Arklaine's The French aMiiBros (6-4, 6-1)
Roy Toy and Senpai held true to their game one strategy of spamming Side B. But the French aMiiBros are no slouches. Gaston packs a huge punch. His aerials and smashes made big moves in KOing his opponents. Coupling that with Frollo's Counter and Up Smash, they caused a lot of problems for Senpai and Roy Toy in the first set. The tides were turned when Senpai's Neutral B Broke Frollo's Shield and KO'd Gaston. Senpai and Roy Toy both charged up Side Smashes and knocked Frollo out for the Set 1 Victory (6-4). In the second set, Senpai and Roy Toy looked unstoppable. I think they learned that they could outrange the aMiiBros. They finished the set off 6-1 ending with 158% on Senpai and 114% on Roy Toy. They will be playing against Pokepuff in the Pre-Quarterfinals.
Gaston should not have been using aerials  :LOLZ: . But GG regardless.
Blue
Blue
Administrator

12/3/2016, 5:37 pm
Also GG to Cyrox.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum