Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

xAverage's Amiibo All-Stars 2: Doubles (xAAA2)

+8
GameMasta97
Nickural
Blue
Keethkon
Blakers
DONkLE
Arklaine
xAverage
12 posters
Go down
xAverage
xAverage
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 169

Gold Gold : 31896

Likes Likes : 31

2 - xAverage's Amiibo All-Stars 2: Doubles (xAAA2) - Page 6 Empty xAverage's Amiibo All-Stars 2: Doubles (xAAA2)

11/19/2016, 1:54 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
First topic message reminder :

Rules:

• Doubles
  • Single Elimination
  • 3 Stock (6 per team), best of 3, no time limit.
  • No Smash Ball
  • No EPS
  • No Macs
  • All matches will be played on Battlefield.
  • S and A Tier Amiibo cannot be paired with S or A Tier Amiibo (S/A + S/A = NO; S + B = YES; A + C = YES)
  • You can send 3 teams. This may expand later, but for now only 3 teams. I hope to get 50-60 teams in this tournament.
  • Stats must be legit (Equal 120 or less)
  • Amiibo will not be saved this time.
  • Seeding will be randomized, but I will modify a few (if necessary) so you do not face yourself in the early stages of the tournament.

Send Amiibo to josef.santos12@yahoo.com

Challonge Bracket: http://challonge.com/xAAA2/

UPDATE: A few entrants were rule-breaking (No S/A + S/A Teams), thus I added a few of my non-A/S tiered Amiibo as partners to allow those entrants to compete. More info is in the description on the Bracket. These new teams are entered without any prior experience with each other. No training was implemented. I solely wanted to keep the tournament relatively large and at least give the Amiibo that were entered a chance. On a more positive note, the tournament is starting!

Total Teams: 37

Last edited by Xaverage on 12/10/2016, 3:04 pm; edited 4 times in total

Keethkon
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 278

Gold Gold : 51044

Likes Likes : 14

2 - xAverage's Amiibo All-Stars 2: Doubles (xAAA2) - Page 6 Empty Re: xAverage's Amiibo All-Stars 2: Doubles (xAAA2)

12/3/2016, 6:55 pm
GG to GameMasta, Nickural and MaskXP!
xAverage
xAverage
Standard Member

2 - xAverage's Amiibo All-Stars 2: Doubles (xAAA2) - Page 6 Empty Re: xAverage's Amiibo All-Stars 2: Doubles (xAAA2)

12/3/2016, 7:03 pm
Blue wrote:(How are Fox and Duck Hunt doing better than my other teams?)
Haha, I honestly don't know. I turned away when Duck Hunt was left with Shulk expecting that to finish quickly. Then all of a sudden Shulk lost to Duck Hunt.
Cyrox wrote:GG to Blue, Xenowar, and XAverage.

Also, loving these recaps. Great stuff.
haha GG to you as well. And thanks! I was just writing what comes in my head when I'm watching lol. Been quite fun so far.
xAverage
xAverage
Standard Member

12/3/2016, 7:04 pm
SWEET 16

Blaker's Pokepuff def. xAverage's Senpai and Roy Toy (6-5, 4-6, 6-4)
My god can Blaker's level 42 Kirby take a hit. It was bringing back memories of my first tournament. My guys struggled to knock that little fluff ball out. Oh Kirby's at 200% you'd think anything could kill it, NOPE. Just watch her 85 jumps come back down to earth. Not even to mention this beast of a Charizard. You can bet I'm gonna train my Kirby after this. Good luck to Pokepuff in the Elite 8.

Cyrox's Sacred Swords def. Keethkon's NessTea and The Fist (4-6, 6-3, 6-4)
One thing that I noticed no amiibo understands is that whe one amiibo is trying to make it back on the stage from the side, their partner is still there. Sacred Swords lost too many stocks standing waiting for Ness to PK Thunder back to stage only for The FIst to Side Smash them away. Besides that, the Sacred Swords are a pretty strong pair. After so many near shield breaks on both sides, the Sacred Swords pulled together to knocked out NessTea and The Fist. (To be honest, I thought NessTea and The Fist were gonna make it to the Finals, they looked so in sync in their first match, but Sacred Swords surprised me for sure.)

Last edited by Xaverage on 12/3/2016, 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cyrox
Cyrox
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 94

Gold Gold : 31098

Likes Likes : 13

12/3/2016, 7:06 pm
GG Keeth.
Keethkon
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 278

Gold Gold : 51044

Likes Likes : 14

12/3/2016, 7:10 pm
Cyrox wrote:GG Keeth.
GG, Cyrox
Blakers
Blakers
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 514

Gold Gold : 45813

Likes Likes : 58

12/3/2016, 7:24 pm
GG xAverage and MaskXP!
xAverage
xAverage
Standard Member

12/3/2016, 7:24 pm
SWEET 16

Blaker's Beauty and the Beast def. MaskXP's Green Machines (6-4, 4-6, 6-5)
Rosalina and Donkey Kong. Strong no matter what, but in Blaker's hands, they are very scary. Fang and Gambino held their own and showed they are contenders. Honestly, Fang and all the other foxes in this tournament looked pretty menacing. Fang was a big reason they pulled that victory out in the 2nd set. In the second set it was looking grim, but after a perfectly timed down smash, Fang took out DK and left Rosalina in a 2v1 against 2 very high % foes (118% and 162%). They were able to rack Rosalina up to ~140% when she knocked out Gambino. After a bit of safe play and dodges, Fang with another down smash took Rosalina out. After a super close set 3, it was the Beauty and the Beast coming out on top.

Xenowars' Counter Smashers def. xVantonage's Dreamland Busters (6-3, 5-6, 6-2)
Xunkha and Radiance looked pretty gnarly together. They stayed alive with very high percentages (350-400%). They fought together which is what netted them the win in set 1 and 3. But set 2, they got split, Herohom had some good counters, and Kirbstomp was hitting all her smashes. Going forth, if these two can fight together, I am not sure if they can be stopped.
xAverage
xAverage
Standard Member

12/3/2016, 7:25 pm
Blakers wrote:GG xAverage and MaskXP!
THAT DARN KIRBY. Makes me feel like a terrible trainer haha. GG sir.
xAverage
xAverage
Standard Member

12/3/2016, 7:36 pm
SWEET 16

xAverage's Excalibur and Mordecai def. MaskXP's Berserk Knights (6-0, 6-1)
The agility of this Excalibur and Mordecai proved way too much for the Berserk Knights. Thorne (Bowser) and Piandao (Meta Knight) struggled to get any damage on the 2. They relied on their shields far too much and Excalibur continually broke them. This was the most dominant performance of the tournament thus far. We definitely have some big contenders in the next few matches.

Keethkon's Kenji and Boi def. Xenowars' Technical Tag-Team (6-1, 4-6, 6-1)
To start each of these matches, every launched right up to 200+% But Kenji's Aura and Boi's Smashes proved way too much for Slipsly and Angel Dude. I'll be honest, I wasn't paying too much attention in the second set (seeing as how the first went), but they managed to pull out a win. Regardless, it was Kenji and Boi coming out on top. Nearly every hit from them launched their foes flying off the screen. It was satisfying to watch.
xAverage
xAverage
Standard Member

12/3/2016, 7:39 pm
Arklaine.... that wombo combo is so beautiful. I just wish you'd stop doing it to my guys haha.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum