Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Arklaine
Arklaine
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 573

Gold Gold : 41412

Likes Likes : 95

Arklaine's First-Ever LIVE-STREAMED Tournament?! (Note: A test run, not ACE) Empty Arklaine's First-Ever LIVE-STREAMED Tournament?! (Note: A test run, not ACE)

4/14/2017, 2:30 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Hey there! So I recently found myself some access to live-streaming "equipment", and I'm ready to test it out THIS SATURDAY with a small 8-amiibo tournament! Feel free to come watch them fight and listen to some commentary by yours truly LIVE!

The stream will start tomorrow, Saturday April 15, at 9 a.m. PST on YouTube, so come around then to watch! It shouldn't take too long! Subscribe to Arklaine Genesis to be alerted when the stream starts.

I won't be able to accept any entrants from you this time, but don't worry; should this test stream be successful, a new Amiibo Character Exhibition will be announced in the future.

I hope to see you all watching the stream tomorrow!  Very Happy
Arklaine
Arklaine
Mega Member

Arklaine's First-Ever LIVE-STREAMED Tournament?! (Note: A test run, not ACE) Empty Re: Arklaine's First-Ever LIVE-STREAMED Tournament?! (Note: A test run, not ACE)

4/15/2017, 11:14 am
I am starting in approximately 45 minutes! The bracket for this test stream can be found here: Livestream Test Run, and the spreadsheet can be found here: ACE Spreadsheet.

Big thanks to the six other trainers who have lent me their amiibo for this test run!
MarioLuigiFans
MarioLuigiFans
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 350

Gold Gold : 35798

Likes Likes : 18

Arklaine's First-Ever LIVE-STREAMED Tournament?! (Note: A test run, not ACE) Empty Re: Arklaine's First-Ever LIVE-STREAMED Tournament?! (Note: A test run, not ACE)

4/15/2017, 11:59 am
I wished I could enter
Arklaine
Arklaine
Mega Member

4/15/2017, 12:01 pm
Unfortunately, there may be a slight delay in the schedule... YouTube decided to spaz out on me and I can't connect the stream to YouTube...
Arklaine
Arklaine
Mega Member

4/15/2017, 12:43 pm
Update: Been trying for 45 minutes straight to connect to YouTube online, and I'm still getting an error saying there's a problem with me connecting, despite me having perfect Internet connection...

I'll keep you all updated on the situation, and will let you know once the stream is finally up.

NEWEST UPDATE: I'm now convinced that livestreaming options for YouTube have gone down today. I don't know why it happened, but I'm quite frustrated at this development.

This event is now postponed until further notice...  Crying or Very sad
Arklaine
Arklaine
Mega Member

4/15/2017, 2:12 pm
Scratch that last post! I can livestream again!

Arklaine Genesis' livestream
Blade the cheetah
Blade the cheetah
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 202

Gold Gold : 33525

Likes Likes : 30

4/15/2017, 2:15 pm
Streams up guys! 
https://youtu.be/Da2JLhC_Skc!
Arklaine
Arklaine
Mega Member

4/15/2017, 4:21 pm
Big thanks to everyone who caught the stream! I know it was a bit messy, as the "streaming equipment" I was using wasn't really proper streaming equipment at all.

Anyway, here are the videos! They were recorded in separate parts due to me randomly disconnecting from livestreaming.

PART 1:

PART 2:

PART 3:

Time to analyze how I've done!

Some things I noted:

• I constantly disconnected from the streaming service, once because I disconnected the phone charger (turns out you need to be charging to stream), and other times because of slow-ish Internet.
  • While the 480p quality was above average, the stream seemed to buffer occasionally due to my Internet being slowed down considerably; thus, my voice may jump from here to there.
  • Streamed this using the Camera app on my phone via the YouTube Gaming app. The camera requires constant focusing or attention, lest the app close itself after some period of inactivity. It's quite annoying.
  • I am quite funny commentating, according to @Nickural.

All in all, I don't think I'm well-suited to host streamed tournaments. I'm a decent commentator, but without the right and proper streaming setup I can't pull of a large-scale tournament like AmiiBrawl.

I guess that means that new Amiibo Character Exhibition will be postponed until further notice.

ANYways, what did you guys think? Let me know!
Blue
Blue
Administrator
Posts Posts : 889

Gold Gold : 56291

Likes Likes : 98

4/15/2017, 6:38 pm
GG to those I fought today!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum