Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Nickural
Nickural
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 388

Gold Gold : 34658

Likes Likes : 43

Tournament Help Empty Tournament Help

8/13/2016, 3:53 pm
So far I have lost a total on three tournaments in a row, And I do not know what to do next, Literally, I am stumped as to
1. why all of them lost.
2. why did only my Ness progress one round, only to lose the next.
3. why was Ness the only one who progressed.
4. all of the characters have the proper equipment and custom moves with being some edits due to rules of the tournament.
For a person who has been here since around june and knows a great deal already about amiibo , I am having a rough time figuring out what to do next.
Arklaine
Arklaine
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 573

Gold Gold : 41432

Likes Likes : 95

Tournament Help Empty Re: Tournament Help

8/13/2016, 4:34 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Sometimes trainers new to the tournament scene can have a hard time progressing through tourneys. That's perfectly fine; as you gain more tourney experience, you may find yourself ranking higher and higher.

Some methods to help you prepare for a tournament:

1. Have your entrant fight against your amiibo collection/yourself. This is the simplest and quickest way to prepare your entrant for a tournament. Most of the other entrants train defensively, so for the best results have it fight against your defensive amiibo. If you choose to play against your amiibo, be sure to block or dodge your amiibo's attacks and stay on the ground. If you have a Power Tag it opens up a lot more amiibo matchups for your entrant.
  2. Hold a personal amiibo tournament. This is recommended if you have 10 or more amiibo. When your entrant is up for its match observe how it fights: what does it do right/wrong, does it play defense, etc. That way, you can correct your amiibo afterwards and (hopefully) patch up its mistakes.
  3. Square One your entrant. If you have a PowerSaves, you can change (NOT RESET) your amiibo's level back to 1. You have to purchase the full guide to make full use of this training method, but basically you "retrain" your amiibo with an emphasis on defense. This training method has its merits, but can take quite a while, so it's up to you if you wish to do this with your amiibo.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum