Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Cloud
Cloud
Founder & Administrator
Posts Posts : 2722

Gold Gold : 49009

Likes Likes : 102

Pokémon ORAS OU Tournament - all players welcome! Empty Pokémon ORAS OU Tournament - all players welcome!

11/9/2014, 10:09 pm
Welcome to Nintendoverse's official Pokémon ORAS OU Tournament! The previous tournament was cancelled due to a lack of interest, but I've got something here that's generally more well thought-out. This time, the range of Pokémon you can use is even more limited! ...Wait, what? Yup, you cannot use any of the following Mega Evolutions: Venusaur, Charizard X, Charizard Y, Blastoise, Alakazam, Gengar, Kangaskhan, Pinsir, Aerodactyl, Mewtwo, Ampharos, Scizor, Heracross, Houndoom, Tyranitar, Blaziken, Gardevoir, Mawile, Aggron, Medicham, Manectric, Banette, Absol, Garchomp, Lucario, or Abomasnow. You also cannot use Aegislash, Arceus, Blaziken (without its Mega Stone), Darkrai, Deoxys, Dialga, Genesect, Giratina, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, White Kyurem, Lugia, Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Reshiram, Shaymin-Sky, Xerneas, Yveltal, or Zekrom. Yeah, that's a pretty hefty rule right there, but it's all to ensure there's fun to be had.

You don't need a copy of Pokémon X & Y / Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire to play! We're going to use Pokémon Showdown, a sixth generation Pokémon Battle Simulator, to host all of our battles. Prior Pokémon experience is recommended, and prizes will be rewarded to those who have their own copy of Pokémon X & Y / Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire. Basically, there are quite a few new Mega Evolutions that you will be using in this tournament - Mega Beedrill, Pidgeot, Slowbro, Steelix, Sceptile, Swampert, Sableye, Sharpedo, Camerupt, Altaria, Glalie, Salamence, Metagross, Latias, Latios, Rayquaza, Lopunny, Gallade, Audino, and Diancie. Except...you guessed it! Mega Salamence and Mega Rayquaza are not permitted to be used in the tournament. They're simply too much for the current metagame.

As for prizes, everyone who participates in this tournament will receive a Rare Candy for use in Pokémon X & Y / ORAS. But the winner will receive a real shiny Pokémon - except it'll be of the Mega YOU used in battle. Please understand, however, that I cannot obtain a shiny Diancie, because it is shiny-locked. Instead, you will receive a 6IV Diancie that is EV trained. It'll take me a bit to breed the mega, but you can be assured that you will eventually get it. 

You have until November 21st, the release date of ORAS, to prepare your teams. Check out Smogon, check out my Google Document, and whatever you need in order to succeed. I'll be playing too just for the fun of it, but if for some reason I end up winning, the prizes will go to the runner-up.
SilverDeoxys563
SilverDeoxys563
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 74

Gold Gold : 46820

Likes Likes : 4

Pokémon ORAS OU Tournament - all players welcome! Empty Re: Pokémon ORAS OU Tournament - all players welcome!

11/10/2014, 12:51 am
Okay, I know posting a tournament is a really great thing and all, but I don't know if we actually have enough people to take part in all the tournaments we want to do. I only see between five to ten people active at one time, and most of them (actually five of them) are you (Cloud), FCN, FireSpike, me, XerX, and Vinyl. The other members we like to see might be busy as of late since they don't post much. What I feel this forum needs is a greater posting incentive to go along with talking to people, like ranks. I don't see posting ranks implemented right now--it all looks like custom ranks, which are good, but it removes that incentive to post, I think? Eh, I don't know what I'm going on with anymore, but the fact that we've kind of had to postpone our Smash tournament due to what appears to be a lack of players discourages me. I guess the best way to attract new guys is to post on Joey's forum a bit more, so I can try. I don't want to look like a hypocrite pertaining to what I said over there, though.

...Dat Sanic header.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum