Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
CrimsonZEXAL
CrimsonZEXAL
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 195

Gold Gold : 33944

Likes Likes : 4

AFFA 1 Update, Thanks for Support on Cloud Amiibo Training Video, and YouTube Let's Plays Empty AFFA 1 Update, Thanks for Support on Cloud Amiibo Training Video, and YouTube Let's Plays

8/8/2017, 4:09 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Sorry that it's been a while since I last posted here. I've been busy taking care of some stuff: getting back from college, relaxing a little, and preparing new YouTube content.

For those of you who followed my Amiibo Free-for-All tournament video series on my YouTube channel, thank you for your support on that, and it is with some disdain that I finally announce the winner of AFFA 1: Little Mac! I was hoping that someone else that wasn't a traditional tournament winner would reign supreme, but now I have definitive proof to shut out my Little Mac, Ganondorf, and Bowser from any future AFFA tournaments.

If you want to see more Amiibo Free-for-All videos in the future, let me know on my Twitter (@CrimsonZEXAL)! I have enough amiibo now to do another 64 amiibo tourney of my own amiibo (if I exclude Little Mac, Bowser, and Ganondorf), and will probably include Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta in any upcoming AFFA tournies. And I think it'd be really cool to showcase the amiibo of other trainers in the Free-for-All, so if you're interested in sending your amiibo in for a future AFFA, send me a message and let me know.

On the subject of my Cloud amiibo, I want to thank anyone and everyone from the amiibo training community who watched my videos of training my Cloud amiibo. I received nearly 100 views between those 2 videos alone. I do still plan on training my Corrin amiibo and both of my Bayonettas in the future. Just let me know if you want to see those videos and I'll get to work on them ASAP. I may hold off on training Corrin (Male) for now, as I just ordered the Player 2 Corrin (Female) amiibo! But once she's here, I'll get started.

Lastly, I want to mention that, in an effort to add content diversity to my YouTube channel, I've started 2 Let's Play series that I'll be 100 percent-ing. The first will be The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. I never finished playing Skyward Sword, so this will give me a great reason to go back and finish the game. Skyward Sword will also be part of a five game Let's Play mega-series I'm calling "The Legend of Zelda: The Calamity Quintet." This LP mega-series will be of games in the Legend of Zelda series that were directly referenced in Breath of the Wild, with BOTW being the fifth and final game in the Quintet. Because I don't own a Nintendo Switch yet, playing Skyward Sword and the other 3 games I have planned before BOTW should allow me plenty of time to get a Switch and BOTW.
My other Let's Play series will be of Metroid Prime 1. Like the "Calamity Quintet", I will also be doing a Let's Play mega-series for the Metroid Prime Trilogy, leading up to the release of Metroid Prime 4. I was lucky enough to be able to find a digital version of Prime Trilogy on the Wii U eShop for only $20 to do this LP (which by comparison to a physical copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy for the Wii is about $80 minimum right now on Amazon). This Let's Play, in particular, is special because I've never owned a Metroid game, let alone played a Metroid game. So I will be trying to get a 100% on Metroid Prime 1, having never played the game before.
You can expect the upload schedule for Skyward Sword to be on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, while Metroid Prime 1 will be on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. The first episodes of both my Skyward Sword and Metroid Prime 1 LP's are already up on my channel, so feel free to check them out! Most of my Skyward Sword videos will unfortunately have black bars around the screen for several episodes until we get to the first half of the 1st dungeon. But once we get to the mid-boss fight, that issue will be resolved. The reason: I fixed the issue with black bars on my videos before I even started on Metroid Prime 1! So while there'll be several Skyward Sword videos that don't look too good for now, Prime 1 looks great (for not owning a capture card yet).

I'll post links to my LP's of Skyward Sword and Prime 1 at the bottom of this post. Thanks again for all of your support, and I hope to keep entertaining you with the content I post to YouTube!

TL;DR The winner of A.F.F.A. was Little Mac. May do more AFFA's in the future. Would love to see any of you guys join in on it, so shoot me a message on Twitter if you're interested (@CrimsonZEXAL).

Thanks for watching my Cloud amiibo training videos on my YouTube and having them reach ~100 views. They're now my most viewed videos. Will try to train my 2 Bayonetta amiibo and my Corrin (soon to be Corrins) amiibo soon. Just let me know on social media how much you want me to get started on that.

I'm starting 2 Let's Play mega-series' on my YouTube: one for The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, and one for Metroid Prime 1. I'll be trying to complete both games 100%, as well as 3 other Zelda games (that I'll leave relatively unknown for now) and Metroid Prime 2 and 3 in preparation to do Let's Plays of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Metroid Prime 4 on Nintendo Switch. I currently don't own a Switch, so doing these 7 Let's Plays before BOTW and Prime 4 should give me plenty of time to earn the money for a Switch, both games, and an HD game capture card.

Links to the playlists for my Skyward Sword and Metroid Prime 1 LP's are listed here:
Skyward Sword: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy98WdLJ0bj_T4N2a-x8Hlmu0ozd-2qKQ
Metroid Prime 1: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy98WdLJ0bj-YeJ9bVhkBQsSc7qK5oLHc
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum