Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ibroussard
ibroussard
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 25

Gold Gold : 29212

Likes Likes : 7

http://www.transyltown.com

Create a Dream amiibo Support Empty Create a Dream amiibo Support

4/17/2017, 1:08 pm
i thought it would be a fun to share our ideas for inventive amiibo modes for existing games. Share the amiibo support of your dreams! Here's my go at it:

Breath of the Wild amiibo freeplay/survival mode.

This would be a free play map mode of the game where tapping a Legend of Zelda amiibo gives you access to that character. Characters would have certain advantages over others. For instance Sheik has high stealth, but takes more damage, Ganondorf has high defense but poor stealth and is slow. Story events would be inactive, shrines have limited access (more on that later), you can only warp to towers that you've been to in the mode, and there are no additional costumes to change into.

Characters level up from experience gained in combat instead of using spirit orbs. Each amiibo figure would have a unique set of default weapons that, although are breakable regenerate and increase damage (or in case of shield increase durability) as they level other weapons and shields must be collected normally. Leveling up will also increase hearts, stamina, and slots.

Each day a set number of shrines will become active and their positions would be marked on your map. They will all be combat trails or bosses that net you massive experience points if beaten.

Level, experience points, and items of course can be saved to the amiibo.
LittleFang
LittleFang
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 146

Gold Gold : 30884

Likes Likes : 29

Create a Dream amiibo Support Empty Re: Create a Dream amiibo Support

4/17/2017, 4:35 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Here's one: Nintendo bans power savers only to then allow online interaction with other amiibos removing the whole feeding feature and letting us do any kind of stats and bonuses we want.
ibroussard
ibroussard
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 25

Gold Gold : 29212

Likes Likes : 7

http://www.transyltown.com

4/17/2017, 4:59 pm
From a developer's point of view I can understand the desire to limit resources and have them be rewards for playing the game, but Sakurai can be a bit overboard with all the things he leaves up to RNG rewards, and how much he walls away. I would have loved a bonus and move store instead of hoping I get what I want.

Smash wasn't built with amiibo vs. amiibo gameplay in mind. It's more a thing the community is doing itself. Until the game gives enough focus to amiibo battles and enough wiggle room for the community to experiment (through proprietary data saving, online match making and easier amiibo customization) and match make I feel Powersaves something the Smash amiibo community will always have to embraced. I'm vehemently against outside manipulation in Pokemon, but for Smash amiibo battles the community can hardly even engage without Powersaves right now. It's a necessary evil. :(
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum