Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Cloud
Cloud
Founder & Administrator
Posts Posts : 2722

Gold Gold : 48959

Likes Likes : 102

Cloud's Guide to Pokémon Training Empty Cloud's Guide to Pokémon Training

12/3/2014, 5:32 pm
Since launch day, Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire have seen one of the greatest launches in all Pokémon history. So far, it's sold over 3 million units, and it's not hard to see why - the game takes Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire, the first Pokémon games released for the Game Boy Advance, and fixes many of its problems. The once bland Team Magma and Team Aqua, who were literally just people in red and blue suits, respectively, have been given character and personalities, which really livens up the whole storyline.

Chances are you didn't come here to read a review of the games, so let's get right to it. You want to breed Pokémon at a competitive-grade level. You want to make your friends' teams look like a pile of Trubbish. I get it! Way back in Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, 11tailedwolf and I used to battle all the time, but I could never win. After Black and White came out, I lost interest in Pokémon for a few years, but when X & Y came out, I hopped back onto the Pokémon hype train. I looked into IVs and EVs and created really good teams.

I'm by no means the best Pokémon player, but I can say that I'm pretty good. The first step to becoming a good Pokémon trainer is to learn how IVs and EVs work, so let's begin.

IVs - also known as Individual Values - are one of the most important aspects of a Pokémon. There are six stats overall - HP, Attack, Defense, Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense, and Speed. Each of these stats have individual values, a number from 0 - 31. For example, if your Sceptile has a Timid nature, but 0 in speed, it would have a speed stat of 269, but with 31, the highest an IV can go, the speed stat is 303. Take a look.

Sceptile with a Speed IV of 0:
Cloud's Guide to Pokémon Training 6XarOWS 
Sceptile with a Speed IV of 31:
Cloud's Guide to Pokémon Training NGhbTQx

IVs are randomly generated by the game, unless you're facing a legendary Pokémon. Then, that legendary is guaranteed to have at least 3 of its IVs be 31. However, what if you want a non-legendary Pokémon with all IVs at 31? Well, that's what this guide is for! I happen to have a few Dittos with IVs and all 31 stats, so I can give you one if you PM me. You will not have to give me anything noteworthy in return. This was done by RNG abuse in Pokémon Black and White. That's a complicated process, so I'll go over that some other time. But I can say that they are completely legitimate. So let's go over how to get your Pokémon with IVs in every stat - also known as a 6IV Pokémon, as that would mean all 6 of its stats have 31s.

Cloud's Guide to Pokémon Training BgqQBY9
Pictured is Ditto's official art from the Dream World along with its item of choice, the Destiny Knot. The Destiny Knot passes FIVE of the parent's IVs down to the child! So, if one Pokémon parent had 0 in every IV, and the other had 31 in every IV, five of the child's IVs would either be 0 or 31. So, have Ditto hold the Destiny Knot, and 5 IVs will be passed down!

WIP!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum