Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
CrimsonZEXAL
CrimsonZEXAL
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 195

Gold Gold : 33914

Likes Likes : 4

Amiibo Free-for-All (AFFA) - Page 2 Empty Amiibo Free-for-All (AFFA)

3/18/2017, 4:28 pm
Message reputation : 50% (2 votes)
First topic message reminder :

Hey everybody!

Chances are you never thought I'd be hosting an amiibo tournament, especially hosting one out of the blue for most of you. Starting this Monday, I will be posting videos of each match in my Amiibo Free-for-All on my YouTube channel (just look up 'CrimsonZEXAL' and you should find it). Unless I otherwise know that there's a demand for more uploads every day, the current schedule is to post 1 video (i.e. 1 best of 3 match) per day.

Right now, the current bracket consists of all 64 of my Sm4sh-compatible amiibo, which includes a good number of multiple characters (I own 4 Links). As a result, this tournament (without a 2-set grand finals) will be 126 matches. For many of you, I'm sure you would like to enter your amiibo into this tourney or subsequent ones. However, in time, I want to escalate the quality of my YouTube channel to the point where I can live stream these tournaments. 

So unlike most, if not all, other amiibo tournies, there will be an entry cost to compete. Don't worry; the charge isn't too brutal. I have a Patreon account set up that will have its holds removed on Monday. After the hold is removed, you can donate towards the channel and enter your amiibo for only $5. However, if you're trying to save on funds but still want to participate, I also have a $2 donation reward in place to let you rent one of my amiibos in your name. You would just need to donate the $2 and email me which amiibo you'd like to rent. 

If an amiibo you would like to rent is already taken, however, you can either choose another amiibo or I can put you in a queue for that amiibo in a later tournament. I will include the links to the bracket, my YouTube, and Patreon page for any who are interested in taking part, or checking out the tournament once it starts on Monday. (Edit) I will add an email to send your amiibo once I know there are people interested.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZuF7jov0UrdDZMVJH7xqcg
Gmail (for amiibo entries from other trainers): crimsonzexal39@gmail.com (Entry of amiibo will be confirmed upon donation to my Patreon. If the donation turnout is strong enough, I will allow for a cash pot for this and future tournaments. [Sorry, but the only way I'll be able to get live streams up in a reasonable amount of time is through Patreon right now.])
Challonge: http://challonge.com/CrimsonZEXAL
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=5304707

The rules for the tournament are listed below, and the purpose for the "free-for-all" style is to allow those unfamiliar with amiibo training and amiibo tournaments to see what matches are like when amiibo don't have bans on any aspect of their setup.
Best of 3 until Top 8
Top 8 - Best of 5
Rule for Human players sending in amiibos: 1 amiibo per entry
All Stat layouts, Equipment, and Customs allowed
Omega stages only, 2 stock, 6 mins

Last edited by CrimsonZEXAL on 3/20/2017, 2:14 pm; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : Spacing issue that I felt I needed to correct; Include links to tournament-related sites; Added rule for human players entering amiibos, as well as email to enter amiibos with; Included cash pot incentive for Patreon backers for tournament entry)

CrimsonZEXAL
CrimsonZEXAL
Standard Member

Amiibo Free-for-All (AFFA) - Page 2 Empty Re: Amiibo Free-for-All (AFFA)

3/22/2017, 11:43 pm
Alright, the winner of today's AFFA round is Mii Brawler, Yang.

Tomorrow's matchup for AFFA will be between Pit and my signature amiibo (in my opinion), Lucina!

Last edited by CrimsonZEXAL on 3/27/2017, 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total
CrimsonZEXAL
CrimsonZEXAL
Standard Member

3/23/2017, 11:36 pm
Alright, the winner of today's AFFA match is Pit. Shame; I was hoping my signature amiibo would make it through the first round.

As for tomorrow's match, the combatants will be Robin and Zelda. A battle of the magical arts!

Last edited by CrimsonZEXAL on 3/27/2017, 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
CrimsonZEXAL
CrimsonZEXAL
Standard Member

3/24/2017, 10:39 pm
Alright. In the battle of Robin and Zelda, the winner is Robin!
Tomorrow's AFFA matchup will be Sonic vs Ruby Rose (Mii Swordfighter) in a battle of speed!

Also, reporting in that getting streaming stuff set up and gathered is going well. I already have OBS up and working how I want it to. However, I will need to wait a month before I can afford a webcam and microphone to use with OBS. From there, it's just a matter of paying $150 for a 1080p capture card. That may be where any Patreon funds go to until I can start streaming games in full. Hopefully, my college classes will be manageable enough to reasonably stream games until mid-July when I'm out 'til September. And once I get that capture card and start on Twitch and YouTube, I'll probably utilize Twitch Streamlabs to allow for a mid-stream donation box.

Last edited by CrimsonZEXAL on 3/27/2017, 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
CrimsonZEXAL
CrimsonZEXAL
Standard Member

3/26/2017, 12:39 am
And in the battle of Sonic vs Ruby, the winner is Ruby Rose (Mii Swordfighter).

For tomorrow's battle, a test! Is the fist truly mightier than the sword? Because it will be Link vs Little Mac!

Last edited by CrimsonZEXAL on 3/27/2017, 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
GameMasta97
GameMasta97
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 534

Gold Gold : 39417

Likes Likes : 20

3/26/2017, 2:31 pm
Can there be Samus VS Mii Gunner?

You could enter a .bin with customs the most similar to Samus'
CrimsonZEXAL
CrimsonZEXAL
Standard Member

3/27/2017, 1:30 am
GameMasta97 wrote:Can there be Samus VS Mii Gunner?

You could enter a .bin with customs the most similar to Samus'
I've already been pre-recording a lot of matches for this tournament. Sadly, Mii Gunner vs Samus won't be happening, unless it's a post-tournament side match. Would you prefer that?
CrimsonZEXAL
CrimsonZEXAL
Standard Member

3/27/2017, 1:32 am
Alright. After today's match, the winner of Link vs Little Mac is... obviously Little Mac.
Tomorrow, our matchup will be between a Fitness instructor and a chronic eater, as Pac-Man battles Wii Fit Trainer.

Also, I might post a bunch of links to these matches in past and future posts.
CrimsonZEXAL
CrimsonZEXAL
Standard Member

3/27/2017, 2:08 pm
Alright. Here's the link to today's AFFA match:

CrimsonZEXAL
CrimsonZEXAL
Standard Member

3/27/2017, 11:42 pm
Alright. Today's AFFA match is over, and the winner is Wii Fit Trainer.
For tomorrow's matchup, it's a clash between two of Smash's Original 12: Samus vs Mario.

Additionally, recording of the tournament matches is complete. All that remains for me is editing all the matches together. After that is done, I will probably be uploading multiple matches a day so that hopefully I can finish the tournament by the time I get my webcam and mic. Then, I might be asking some people to help me with live stream tests until I can get clear audio and video output.

And once I have my equipment working properly, I'll be able to stream some games (albeit with some noticeable struggle 'til I can afford a capture card; that's what would really set me back, as I'm using college grocery money to afford the webcam, mic, and some equipment to connect everything.)
GameMasta97
GameMasta97
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 534

Gold Gold : 39417

Likes Likes : 20

3/28/2017, 4:13 am
Smash 64, eh?
Mario will win, but if it were actually the 64, I'd beat Mario in a Heartbeat (I'm a Samus main)
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum