Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

grACEcale - A Colored-theme amiibo Tournament

+8
LittleFang
GameMasta97
DONkLE
MarioLuigiFans
Blade the cheetah
Nickural
Blue
Arklaine
12 posters
Go down
Arklaine
Arklaine
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 573

Gold Gold : 41462

Likes Likes : 95

grACEcale - A Colored-theme amiibo Tournament - Page 11 Empty grACEcale - A Colored-theme amiibo Tournament

2/15/2017, 1:30 am
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
First topic message reminder :

Hey there! So next week I have some time off, so why not have an amiibo tournament?

INTRODUCING grACEcale - A Colored-theme amiibo Tournament

This is basically any normal amiibo tournament, but your amiibo entrant must be in its BLACKWHITE, or GRAY alternate costume. Nothing else!

Also, for the second time ever, there will be PRIZES for the top 4 placers! Big thanks to MegaVGMaster for providing us with something to motivate you to win! The prizes are codes for Pokemon Trading Card Game Online and Nintendo 3DS Home Screen themes! There are eight prizes total. First place will get to choose four of the prizes, second will choose two, and third and fourth will each claim one of the remaining two.

Your prizes are:

PTCGO Card Sets

• Sun & Moon
  • Triple Power Tin: Shiny Gyarados
  • Keldeo
  • Meloetta

3DS Themes

• Samus
  • Isabelle
  • Link
  • The Legend of Zelda: 30th Anniversary

(Note: First place can select no more than two of each kind of prize, and second place can only select one of each.)

Rules:

• Any character (with the exception of Little Mac) is allowed, but they must be in an alternate costume that focuses on either its black, white, or gray. (Ganondorf, for example, has dark colors in all his costumes, but his gray alternate costume will be the only skin allowed since the other costumes serve to highlight several other colors instead of the black/gray on them.)
  • As stated above, Little Mac is banned.
  • Legal setups only (the good ol' 120), and every bonus is allowed except for "Explosive perfect shield".
  • A double elimination bracket will be used.
  • Matches will be Best 2 matches of 3, 2 stocks and 6 minutes.
  • The only stage all matches will be played on is Omega PictoChat 2. (Black-and-White theme here)

This tournament will be held on Wednesday, February 22 at 12:00 p.m. PST. Entrants will be accepted until 12 a.m. the night before. Submit your amiibo to unoriginalemail@yahoo.com by then!

Match results will be live-posted in this thread.

Oh yes, and the Final Round(s) will be recorded and uploaded to YouTube.

Keep in mind, I will not change your amiibo's stats or bonuses should you ask me to change them.

Questions? Concerns? Reply to me here.

Happy training, and I hope to see your amiibo in my tournament!

Disclaimer: By sending your amiibo in, you hereby allow me use of their bin files whenever I wish to.

Arklaine
Arklaine
Mega Member

grACEcale - A Colored-theme amiibo Tournament - Page 11 Empty Re: grACEcale - A Colored-theme amiibo Tournament

2/23/2017, 8:53 pm
PlusleUltraGamer wrote:
Arklaine wrote:
PlusleUltraGamer wrote:@Arklaine any changes I should make to Shulk? Does he just need more match experience or does he need some new fighting methods or what?
For customs, Shulk can run with 1/1/1/3 (only custom would be Power Vision). Training-wise, some more jabs and tilts would be nice, especially UTilt for juggling.
Even if I'm defensively training him? And why I went with 2/1/1/1 was because his Monado Arts would last a lot longer with it, and then he wouldn't end up using his counter as much if he had 2/1/1/3
I used to run Decisive Monado Arts on him until I noticed that mine was falling to his death because the shuffling through the Arts takes too long for him to activate it.
Arklaine
Arklaine
Mega Member

grACEcale - A Colored-theme amiibo Tournament - Page 11 Empty Re: grACEcale - A Colored-theme amiibo Tournament

2/23/2017, 8:55 pm
grACEcale Finals will not be going up. It's a very long video, and attempting to upload it would take a very long time, not to mention it slows down my whole Internet. Sorry to those I've disappointed.
Fulminix
Fulminix
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 130

Gold Gold : 31477

Likes Likes : 17

2/24/2017, 3:51 pm
Arklaine wrote:
PlusleUltraGamer wrote:
Arklaine wrote:
PlusleUltraGamer wrote:@Arklaine any changes I should make to Shulk? Does he just need more match experience or does he need some new fighting methods or what?
For customs, Shulk can run with 1/1/1/3 (only custom would be Power Vision). Training-wise, some more jabs and tilts would be nice, especially UTilt for juggling.
Even if I'm defensively training him? And why I went with 2/1/1/1 was because his Monado Arts would last a lot longer with it, and then he wouldn't end up using his counter as much if he had 2/1/1/3
I used to run Decisive Monado Arts on him until I noticed that mine was falling to his death because the shuffling through the Arts takes too long for him to activate it.
I haven't noticed that with mine. Mine usually goes straight for Jump or Speed if he doesn't have Jump. He takes awhile to pick a Monado Art while on the ground though is what I have noticed.
GameMasta97
GameMasta97
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 534

Gold Gold : 39517

Likes Likes : 20

2/27/2017, 12:54 pm
First question: Is it over? I feel like I've missed alot...
Second: May I see the bracket? You forgot to post it...

Last edited by GameMasta97 on 2/27/2017, 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Arklaine
Arklaine
Mega Member

2/27/2017, 1:46 pm
Arklaine wrote:Here is the bracket: grACEcale

And here is the spreadsheet: ACE Spreadsheet

Good luck!
@GameMasta97 I posted the bracket in an earlier post already.

And yes, the tournament ended 5 days ago.
Fulminix
Fulminix
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 130

Gold Gold : 31477

Likes Likes : 17

3/3/2017, 8:56 am
Arklaine wrote:
I guess I'll give it a try and see how he does. Wouldn't hurt.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum