Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
GameMasta97
GameMasta97
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 534

Gold Gold : 39567

Likes Likes : 20

Mii Swordfighter & Mii Brawler Training Tips Empty Mii Swordfighter & Mii Brawler Training Tips

11/14/2016, 10:21 pm
I need help on training my Miis.
I want basics i.e. what moves to avoid, use alot, etc.

Setups:
Brawler
     60/100/-40*
     1/2/2/2
     EPS, Auto-heal, Lifesteal
Swordfighter
     40/80/0**
     2/1/2/1
     EPS, Trade-off Defense, Auto-Heal

Italics mean I'm planning to put those on the amiibo, but haven't yet.

*Does Mii Brawler use feint Jump for recoveries well?
**Still testing Mii Swordfighter's recovery for how much speed is required
Arklaine
Arklaine
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 573

Gold Gold : 41512

Likes Likes : 95

Mii Swordfighter & Mii Brawler Training Tips Empty Re: Mii Swordfighter & Mii Brawler Training Tips

11/14/2016, 10:41 pm
Mii Brawler does Feint Jump for recovery, yes. However, Brawler's Up B should be left at the default. Its vertical range is much better than the other customs and is the most reliable, seeing as you're running negative speed on it. Feint Jump, Soaring Axe Kick, and possibly Flaming Dropkick maximizes Brawler's recovery.

Honestly, I don't get why Soaring Axe Kick is so unpopular with trainers. The other customs hinder Brawler's recovery, and it's not like it'll be attacking with Piston Punch.
GameMasta97
GameMasta97
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 534

Gold Gold : 39567

Likes Likes : 20

Mii Swordfighter & Mii Brawler Training Tips Empty Re: Mii Swordfighter & Mii Brawler Training Tips

11/14/2016, 10:52 pm
even though D-throw > Piston Punch is a good finisher
Fast endlag, big hitbox

Also I'm wanting Mii Swordfighter help as well....
Arklaine
Arklaine
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 573

Gold Gold : 41512

Likes Likes : 95

11/14/2016, 11:08 pm
GameMasta97 wrote:even though D-throw > Piston Punch is a good finisher
Fast endlag, big hitbox

Also I'm wanting Mii Swordfighter help as well....
If you are planning on entering Brawler in future tournaments, be aware that most of the competition runs Improved escapability, meaning your Brawler's true combos will ultimately fail. And besides, even if the opponent doesn't have ImpEsc, if they have a lot of points invested in Defense true combos will be harder to land since the opponent won't be trapped in hitstun for as long.

For Swordfighter, run Hero's Spin instead of Skyward Slash Dash. It has less distance (but still lets Swordfighter recover properly), but since Swordfighter has an AI flaw where it randomly uses Up B on the ground, it is a nice trade-off.
Blue
Blue
Administrator
Posts Posts : 889

Gold Gold : 56391

Likes Likes : 98

12/10/2016, 8:38 pm
40/70/10 1/3/2/1 with Lifesteal, Trade Off Attack, and Escape is a good Swordfighter spread.
PaperLuigi3
PaperLuigi3
Newbie Member
Posts Posts : 12

Gold Gold : 26105

Likes Likes : 0

4/21/2017, 11:04 am
I don't know about Brawler, but Swordfighter is the hidden top tier in this game, if you run an overload on him with just +120 Attack, or you can do 200/120/-200 if you want. Training him is harder than it looks.

Leave him at the default moveset, and shoot for average height and weight: this is what the amiibo is programmed to use, and having a different height/weight will REALLY screw him up. It's kinda like how people who gain or lose tons of weight in a short time feel like they're in their old body but they've changed. That's why I never alter their movesets, either; the programmers only linked their AI to the button inputs, not to recognizing the specific moves, so if an amiibo is using the second custom move instead of the default, it will still consider it as having used its default move. On top of that, when it weighs its options (with a few exceptions, most amiibo are like this), it only knows the hitboxes for its default special moves. So it plans according to the attack area of its default moves, but that's not what will happen if it uses the custom moves.

You'll want to train SWF specifically to use his counter and his forward smash; they're slow, but the forward smash's excessive power and range will break shields and outrange most opponents, and the counter will give him a fighting chance against Little Mac. Committing him to those two moves is the most important part of training him; he'll learn to recover well enough on his own so long as he uses his Up B more than he uses his Side B to recover.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum