Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ibroussard
ibroussard
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 25

Gold Gold : 29212

Likes Likes : 7

http://www.transyltown.com

All Amiibo Should Work For Smash Empty All Amiibo Should Work For Smash

9/27/2016, 4:56 pm
What Nintendo really needs is a solid amiibo exclusive game, but until then wouldn't it be super cool of all amiibo were trainable in Smash?! Most of them could function as Mii fighters with specific outfits. The Inklings, Toad, K.K. Slider, and Isabella (and too a lesser extent Waluigi) already have that going for them and could be easily implemented. (K,K, and Isabella could use full face mask, please). Others like Daisy Waddle Dee and Boo could be character skins (with Waddle Dee and Boo going over Kirby or Jigglypuff). My poor Callie and Marie amiibo just sit on the self because their Splatoon features are lame. I would love to load them up into Smash! Maybe as Mii-Swordsmen with inkbrushes! How about a Mister Reseti Mii fighter tearing it up with his pickax, or Shovel Knight burying the competition! Plus with all the existing costumes there's more amiibo creation possibilities from Heihachi, to Tails, to Protoman, to Geno, and Chrom! Is there an amiibo on your shelf getting no love that you want to train in smash?
Arklaine
Arklaine
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 573

Gold Gold : 41392

Likes Likes : 95

All Amiibo Should Work For Smash Empty Re: All Amiibo Should Work For Smash

10/1/2016, 2:15 am
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
I think having the non-Smash amiibo appear as Mii Fighters would defeat the purpose of having actual Mii Fighter amiibo. This is just what I think, though.
ibroussard
ibroussard
Standard Member

10/3/2016, 11:26 am
The Mii Fighters could be anything or anyone you want while non-Smash amiibo could be locked to a specific costume/design. Maybe those costumes unique to the amiibo fighter.
RC
RC
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 418

Gold Gold : 31808

Likes Likes : 37

10/5/2016, 7:54 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
One of the main concerns regarding giving amiibo such functionality is the issue that amiibo can only contain data from 1 game at any given time.

If Super Smash Bros functionality is implemented for some amiibo, it could threaten their primary use.

Look at the animal crossing amiibo, whose purpose is to... I'll just skip those.

Shovel Knight is probably the greatest example of a situation where such functionality would backfire, whereas the Shovel Knight amiibo is used for his own game for a unique purpose, but the player would then have to choose between Smash's amiibo training or Shovel Knight's leveling capabilities.

You could have both, but then Nintendo would be indirectly promoting the Powersaves device, which they did not make and therefore will not support.

Ultimately, the AI of a fighting Mii doesn't really change from the mii itself, only the special moves can really make a difference, and having an amiibo being locked to a certain set of special moves for it to be more adequate with the character would simply be a great limitation in comparison with the regular fighters.

Overall, the amount of work that would be necessary for the creation of the aesthetic elements of the plan is too great for a simple functionality, even if you consider that a much greater portion of the work that could make it interesting, special custom moves, is ignored.
ibroussard
ibroussard
Standard Member

10/5/2016, 10:24 am
DLC character are locked to specific sets, so it's not out of the ordinary.

I'll agree that the data limit is an issue. If I had to choose between using Custom Knight or training Shovel Knight in Smash I'm gonna begrudgingly pick Custom Knight. Nintendo dropped the ball by not having a proprietary data amiibo data management system.

That said far too many amiibo won't have this issue. There are only, what, five games that use read/write amiibo data. Most of them for Mario series games. Anything that isn't in Smash or Shovel Knight or Mario games never gets to take full advantage of what amiibo are capable of. And as long as Nintendo never offers a proprietary amiibo data management there's little reason for developers to take advantage of that. I fear Smash, Shovel Knight and few Mario games are gonna be the only games where I feel like I'm experiencing the full capabilities of amiibo.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum