Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

Does this game need more modification? If so, how? Multiple choices are allowed.

1 - 20%
0 - 0%
1 - 20%
0 - 0%
1 - 20%
0 - 0%
1 - 20%
1 - 20%
0 - 0%
0 - 0%

Total Votes: 5

The Ultikirby
The Ultikirby
Newbie Member
Posts Posts : 5

Gold Gold : 26395

Likes Likes : 0

A New Game for Amiibo: Amiismash Origins Empty A New Game for Amiibo: Amiismash Origins

3/16/2017, 5:36 pm
Link: https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArRNHbNijxgrhmK1KZ5yiBr7b3cs

Hello, everyone. My name is The Ultikirby. Call me UK if you want. I have been working on a game for the past 1.25 years on and off called Amiismash. I’ve been working on it with a friend called Texaswill and with some other friends. I want to get back to improving the 1st game of the series, Amiismash Origins I posted this game once on the Amiibo Sub-Reddit, and it wasn’t long until it got buried with all the other topics.

I’ve been following Amiibo Dojo for many months, and have come to really trust it. I eventually came across the Cloud 9 Forums. I wanted to share my creation here as it is desperately in need of feedback. Please take time to read it and give feedback below please. Remember, this is my creation, so please don’t claim credit for something you didn’t create. Everything else is related to Nintendo, and I am not claiming it whatsoever.

Here’s how the game works: 2 players have a specific amount of Battlesheets. It is an area with 2 x 2 spaces on which a maximum number of 4 Amiibo may be positioned on. Depending on the starting number of Amiibo both players have selected (12, 20, 24, etc.), the number of Battlesheets changes. It is a player’s job to put Amiibo on these Battlesheets. 1st on their own territory, and then on their enemy’s territory. People have described this to me as Amiibo with chess, or Command and Conquer. The game is a lot deeper than this, but this is as basic as it gets. Your final objective is to try and take control of as many Battle Sheets as possible before 1 player is defeated.

When 2 opposing Amiibo come face-to-face, a player may initiate a battle. This battle takes place in Smash 4 for Wii U. That’s right: Smash is the battle engine. All battles take place in Smash 4. As I said, the game has more mechanics and is deeper than what I can get into here. For example, an Amiibo Leader is the leader of all the Privates, or the other Amiibo. The leader has 3 lives, and if all of them expire; this is another way to game over.

Here is my view on this: the game has a steep learning curve to it without the use of a document helping to explain to new players how to play the game. The current document which does this, or at least attempts to, is the Amiistarter Origins document. The document Amiismash Origins is just a rule sheet for the game. It only explains the rules and what players can do with them. The Amiistarter document is really confusing and has too much information from the limited feedback I’ve gotten. I thought of creating a FAQ of questions people might ask about this game. Let me know on what I should do.

Amiismash Origins is mostly complete with many theoretical bugs, and I say theoretical as the game has not been tested out much, worked out. After I post this, I’m going to do another major overhaul of the game to simplify it while making it easier to understand. I once had 3 games being developed at once, but I went back to the base to develop it as strongly as I could. This way I can expand the game for future concepts for future sequels. I have a ton of them too. This strong base now is Amiismash Origins.

Let me know what you think everyone as I really want to get into the sequel for this game, soon.

Last edited by The Ultikirby on 3/17/2017, 6:14 pm; edited 6 times in total
GameMasta97
GameMasta97
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 534

Gold Gold : 39427

Likes Likes : 20

A New Game for Amiibo: Amiismash Origins Empty Re: A New Game for Amiibo: Amiismash Origins

3/16/2017, 6:53 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Woo, first (maybe) to see this!  This is actually an interesting concept!
First of all, welcome to the forums!
Second, is there a download or a preview or is it just an idea so far (and hasn't been made into an Alpha or Beta phase yet)?
The Ultikirby
The Ultikirby
Newbie Member

A New Game for Amiibo: Amiismash Origins Empty Re: A New Game for Amiibo: Amiismash Origins

3/16/2017, 7:54 pm
The link is actually hidden inside the post. I edited it to where it is more visible. The link is on top.

It is all full on concept. I will be posting a major update soon.

How is it so far?

Last edited by The Ultikirby on 3/16/2017, 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blakers
Blakers
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 514

Gold Gold : 45623

Likes Likes : 58

3/16/2017, 8:12 pm
I feel like it is a little complicated, although this doesn't mean it isn't good. It's a great concept!

For something that might be a bit easier to understand, what about an alternate version where each player had 8 amiibo, and it was the same rules as Pokémon Duel, just with a bigger board and battles done on SSB4!

And also, welcome to the forums!
The Ultikirby
The Ultikirby
Newbie Member

3/16/2017, 8:25 pm
I know nothing of Pokemon Duel. Please define. I am going to push a major update to simplify things some. I am also going to throw Amiistarter out the window. Does not help anything. 

If you have any feedback, let me know. Try the game out with a friend sometime. 
Thanks for the welcome.

Edit: Here is the first major update to this game. Latest Changes Made.
The game is not in Alpha or Beta. It is close to being finished. I like Delta better than Gamma.

Game updated to Delta 1.0.
+: Merged both Order Sheets into one document. Straightened it up to be more clean.
- : Took out Amiibo Trainer as a source since it is no longer running. Amiibo Dojo remain the only source.
- : Took out the Sectors and other sheets. Made them into their own document for easier editing and print out.
+: All sectors are named to make it easier to identify them better. They also look much simpler in nature.
- : Took out the complex naming and numbering of Battle Sheet Naming. Correcting the rules to reflect this.
+: Some grammatical changes made to slightly improve the flow of Amiismash Origins. The document is now shorter.
- : All references to the Amiistarter sheet have been removed. The Document will still be available to download for feedback. A new document will be put in its place to depolarize some of the steep learning curve.
+: The recommended resources to be relocated. The location is currently unknown. Thinking about putting it in a FAQ or something to show players how to play the game.

Edit 2: If anyone is interested, here is the link to the subreddit page which got buried: Subreddit Page. (<---)
Edit 3: The latest version of the game is up.
Game updated to Delta 1.1.
+: The game has had some mistakes updated and corrected from a document transfer. The title and page numbers are now back up.
+: Due to some feedback I have gotten, I have conglomerated the resources to each term into a separate subsection underneath where the term is at. It is underneath the text which is tinier, but provides a better flow than the originals listed resources did. 
+: Document is now shorter than ever, and the flow has been improved further.

I need feedback guys. I need to know if you like what I did with the resources or not. I will be starting the creation of something to replace the Amiistarter document within the next week or so soon.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum