Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Fulminix
Fulminix
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 130

Gold Gold : 31477

Likes Likes : 17

Should I host a different kind of tournament? Empty Should I host a different kind of tournament?

3/16/2017, 3:42 pm
So I have an Amiibo Powersaves and Power Tag, and was thinking of hosting a tournament style I haven't seen before. It's a tournament that allows all bonuses, and hacked stats, and no characters are banned. Can I get feedback on how well this tournament style will work? It'll have the generic 2 stock 6 minute Omega Battlefield, Battlefield, Omega Battlefield format, just all bonuses, hacked stats, and all amiibo characters are allowed.
Keethkon
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 278

Gold Gold : 50944

Likes Likes : 14

Should I host a different kind of tournament? Empty Re: Should I host a different kind of tournament?

3/16/2017, 5:27 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
A tournament like this would be exclusive to people with powersaves, but with these settings, very few people would enter it at all because it's broken and uncompetitive, where skill doesn't matter anymore. A less broken tournament would get people to want to enter more. Otherwise, people without powersaves would be at a complete utter disadvantage.
Fulminix
Fulminix
Standard Member

Should I host a different kind of tournament? Empty Re: Should I host a different kind of tournament?

3/16/2017, 5:51 pm
That makes sense, so probably a no go on this style of tournament then?
Blade the cheetah
Blade the cheetah
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 202

Gold Gold : 33575

Likes Likes : 30

3/16/2017, 6:00 pm
No go on this type. But dont give up overall, best to base no mac, no crits, no EPS but everything else is a go. Coin? Sure, ×2 launch rate...weird but fine.
Fulminix
Fulminix
Standard Member

3/16/2017, 6:47 pm
Okay so I'll see when I can host a tournament, and decide what I want the rules to be.
GameMasta97
GameMasta97
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 534

Gold Gold : 39517

Likes Likes : 20

3/16/2017, 6:59 pm
I have a tip too!
Think of a creative tournament name - preferrably one with an abbreviation (BAT; Blakers' amiibo Tournament, GMAT; GameMasta's amiibo Tournament, etc.) - that will stick for several tournaments, like with Amiibrawl and Flash Fight!  They've had a whole bunch of tourneys, and they're still going!  I had a failure tourney (that no-one entered) that I ended up deleting!  After a while, I had the idea of GMAT!

Even though one tournament may fail, others will succeed!

speaking of GMAT, I haven't continued GMAT 5 since over a month ago...
Blue
Blue
Administrator
Posts Posts : 889

Gold Gold : 56341

Likes Likes : 98

3/16/2017, 7:17 pm
GameMasta97 wrote:I have a tip too!
Think of a creative tournament name - preferrably one with an abbreviation (BAT; Blakers' amiibo Tournament, GMAT; GameMasta's amiibo Tournament, etc.) - that will stick for several tournaments, like with Amiibrawl and Flash Fight!  They've had a whole bunch of tourneys, and they're still going!  I had a failure tourney (that no-one entered) that I ended up deleting!  After a while, I had the idea of GMAT!

Even though one tournament may fail, others will succeed!

speaking of GMAT, I haven't continued GMAT 5 since over a month ago...
BAT is my tourney name, BOAT is Blakers'.
Fulminix
Fulminix
Standard Member

3/16/2017, 8:43 pm
How about UUAT for Ultima Unleashed Amiibo Tournament?
GameMasta97
GameMasta97
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 534

Gold Gold : 39517

Likes Likes : 20

3/16/2017, 9:58 pm
UUAT...Reminds me of the sound of when Melee Fox gets greatly launched (they make a louder sound when launched far)
Keethkon
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 278

Gold Gold : 50944

Likes Likes : 14

3/16/2017, 10:48 pm
As long as you make the tournament likeable and doable for everyone, it should draw in more people, rather than draw more people away. 

For the name, I think it should combine ideas. For example: Plusle's Ultima Amiibo Tournament. I'm sure this would work and also it combines different ideas together.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum