Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Blade the cheetah
Blade the cheetah
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 202

Gold Gold : 33585

Likes Likes : 30

A conclusion on what Attack, Defense and speed stats really do! Empty A conclusion on what Attack, Defense and speed stats really do!

3/15/2017, 10:09 pm
So i recently did some tests on Atk, def and spd stats. I wanted to see what they really do! This research does not include bonuses.

DEF: I first tested Defense to see how much percent it descresed from attacks and knockback it decreased as well.
So 200 defense only takes certain ratio off depending on the move damage, and 100 defense takes half of that off damage. Because pikachus up smash does from 12-15% and the 200 defense took10-13%, and the 100 defence takes 1% less 11-14%.
Now knockback was much for prevelant and easier to find. Sadly i do not know the ratio but here are my results.

Pikachu 0 defense dies at 59%,
10 died at 62% ,
30 died at 69%,
60 died at 78%,
100 died at 89%
120 died at 91% and 200 died at 105% not counting DI.
(Side note: i did reset pikachu after everykill so the move would not go stale)

As you can see 200 defense is almost .5 launch rate. Surprsingly  Defense doesnt make you fall faster it just cuts your jump as well as having your shield shrink slower. If you have any other questions for Defense ask i will be glad to answer or test!

SPD:now an obvious thing is that speed well increases speed we know this. But what i didnt know was how much jump increased so i measured it. Agains im not sure what the ratio is but 200 speed again seems to double it

Pikachu at 0 spd jumps 14 floors,
10 jumps 15,
30 jumps 17,
60 jumps 20,
100 jumps 24,
120 jumps 25,
200 jumps 29.
Thats an interesting incline.

The "floors" are platfotms made in stage builder
I also tested attack lag and speed no difference even for 200 spd. How ever thanks to Nickural i know landing lag lessens. I tested it for my own proof and he is right. When testing that i did notice one other weird thing. High speed= faster falling. To test this i had both Links jump off and 200 spd hit the  blast zone first even after jumping higher.
I did one last test asked of me by Hihahaba to test DI and if speed effects it like Shulks monado... turns out it does!

I tested it out with 2 links usuing pikachus up smasb
Normal link dies at 115% even after DI but 200 spd link DI's way past that and dies at 135%

Thats pretty cool. Any questions on Speed? Just ask

ATK: then i tested attack to see how much percent it did.
I used pikachus Up smash again

Pikachu with 0 attack did 20-21%
10 did 22%,
30 did 25%,
60 did 30%,
100 did 34-35%,
120 did  36%
200 did 40-42%

It seems your attack doubles at 200 attack! And if what im seeing is right your attack increases around 1% of the orginal attack per 10 attack. Thus doubling at 200.
Yes attack had knockback but thats hard to measure with already increased attack.
Heres what i got
0 attack killed at 114%
200 attack killed at 98%

If you have any questions about attack or anything you wanna see me test let me know!

NEGATIVE STATS: now i think negative stats have a reverse effect of all mentioned above it would only make sense.

Last edited by Blade the cheetah on 3/16/2017, 12:39 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : New research found)
hihahaba
hihahaba
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 98

Gold Gold : 30787

Likes Likes : 22

A conclusion on what Attack, Defense and speed stats really do! Empty Re: A conclusion on what Attack, Defense and speed stats really do!

3/15/2017, 11:11 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
*dumps all defense into attack and speed.
DONkLE
DONkLE
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 256

Gold Gold : 35461

Likes Likes : 17

A conclusion on what Attack, Defense and speed stats really do! Empty Re: A conclusion on what Attack, Defense and speed stats really do!

3/16/2017, 8:25 am
The wiki page on equipment has a very helpful table that I like to use for reference when setting up a new amiibo 

Here's a link to the page
Cloud
Cloud
Founder & Administrator
Posts Posts : 2722

Gold Gold : 48879

Likes Likes : 102

3/16/2017, 10:16 am
So equipment doesn't really seem to do as much as we thought it did. It certainly seems like +200 attack more than doubles the strength of hits, but that could be because it boosts both damage and knockback which combine to produce greater effect. In any case it seems that defense doesn't really help as much as we thought either. Interesting findings.
Blade the cheetah
Blade the cheetah
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 202

Gold Gold : 33585

Likes Likes : 30

3/16/2017, 10:33 am
Cloud wrote:So equipment doesn't really seem to do as much as we thought it did. It certainly seems like +200 attack more than doubles the strength of hits, but that could be because it boosts both damage and knockback which combine to produce greater effect. In any case it seems that defense doesn't really help as much as we thought either. Interesting findings.
Very true however... defense does amazing work against knock back, i decided to go back and do one final test with 200 attack falcon vs 2 links and i found this.

200 attack killed 0 def at 87%
and 200 def at 155%

So its safe to say it may not do much percent wise but it will save you knockback wise.
ibroussard
ibroussard
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 25

Gold Gold : 29292

Likes Likes : 7

http://www.transyltown.com

3/22/2017, 5:53 pm
Can you test the effects that attack and defense have on shield durability?
RC
RC
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 418

Gold Gold : 31888

Likes Likes : 37

3/22/2017, 7:26 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
ibroussard wrote:Can you test the effects that attack and defense have on shield durability?
The long version (Contains all of the math!):
The short version is that a shield at maximum durability can take up to 42%. Degeneration with each frame aside from the perfect shield time makes this number get lower over time, so the final number might be closer to 41%.

An amiibo with 200 attack breaks non-perfect shields with any move that would normally deal 14% damage.
The previous amiibo would only need to deal about 5% damage to do the same if the strike is a critical hit.

A shield's durability is not affected by defense's knockback reduction, but it will indirectly increase the shield's durability via the stat's damage reduction. At 200 defense, a shield's maximum durability would be approximately 48%.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum