Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Nickural
Nickural
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 388

Gold Gold : 34818

Likes Likes : 43

Any tips for jigglypuff Empty Any tips for jigglypuff

8/4/2016, 10:59 pm
Whenever I get an jigglypuff Amiibo I might need some tips, and as always, thanks cloud for the guide.
I've been thinking of using the bonus effects lame setup as well as giving it a +120 defense or +40 attack and +80 defense.
staypuft
staypuft
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 25

Gold Gold : 29518

Likes Likes : 8

Any tips for jigglypuff Empty Re: Any tips for jigglypuff

8/6/2016, 7:56 am
My Jigglypuff has +20 attack, +100 defense and has improved shield regeneration, health-restoring shield and easy perfect shield

not the best as she really struggles to deal any sort of damage but this definitely helps her survivability

teaching her to dodge/shield then use side smash or side special is also good, though I'd say side special is superior since side smash is kind of laggy
Blue
Blue
Administrator
Posts Posts : 889

Gold Gold : 56471

Likes Likes : 98

8/6/2016, 10:46 am
https://amiibodojo.com/2015/09/03/jigglypuff/
Cloud has wrote a full guide on her.
Nickural
Nickural
Standard Member

8/6/2016, 11:54 am
TheBlueTrainer wrote:https://amiibodojo.com/2015/09/03/jigglypuff/
Mariofan889 wrote:and as always, thanks cloud for the guide.
What i mean by that is that I have read the guide and understood it, sorry if this came out rude im still learning proper english.
Blue
Blue
Administrator
Posts Posts : 889

Gold Gold : 56471

Likes Likes : 98

8/6/2016, 1:39 pm
Mariofan889 wrote:
What i mean by that is that I have read the guide and understood it, sorry if this came out rude im still learning proper english.
Sorry, my mistake
Nickural
Nickural
Standard Member

8/8/2016, 2:46 pm
TheBlueTrainer wrote:
Mariofan889 wrote:
Sorry, my mistake
it's fine, everyone makes mistakes.
Elishima
Elishima
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 344

Gold Gold : 54378

Likes Likes : 16

8/10/2016, 12:34 am
Yo

Ok, so Jigglypuff is extremely weird. Damaging moves, low knockback. Fast air mobility, slow ground mobility. Slow aerials, fast tilts. No real up special to get back on stage, but Sing grabs the ledge apparently?

Yeah, it's weird.
But enough about Jigglypuff's character, I'll get straight to the amiibo

The real trick to this character is to get her to be aggressive enough to deal damage, but not completely reckless. Why I say this is because defensive Jigglypuff is completely passive and will not be able to get KO's. Hot and Cold is a good method to train with. Teach her to be aggressive with grabs and tilts when she's up close and can get personal, but defensive if she's just outside of range. 

Also, up smash is her main kill move. Teach her to really fish with this move at high %'s.

Specials wise, Rest should never be taught to Jigglypuff. She'll hardly ever use it anyway, so I wouldn't bother. Rollout can KO, but only sometimes. Don't use Sing, but Pound can be used from time to time. It's a shield breaker, albeit, a laggy one. Be careful with it and you'll be golden.  ok

For stats, I think as long as defense is ahead of the other stats, your Jigglypuff should be good. Personally, I recommend 10/80/30, but you mix and match to whatever suits your tastes. 

If I had to pick one bonus that Jigglypuff absolutely needs, it's Easy Perfect Shield. Since Sakurai thought it would be funny for her to literally become popcorn when her shield breaks, it's our job to make sure that does not happen. Because she will have a really bad time if it does. 

For other bonuses, Improved Escape always helps a light character like Puff. In fact, I don't think it's possible to combo a Puff with Improved Escape lol The 3rd bonus can be whatever, just as long as it has a purpose.

Hope this helps~
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum