Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

where's the final 3

+6
Blue
PKMNMaster
RC
Cloud
Yung Puff
Zappy
10 posters
Go down
Zappy
Zappy
Newbie Member
Posts Posts : 11

Gold Gold : 34230

Likes Likes : 0

where's the final 3 Empty where's the final 3

6/25/2016, 12:24 am
cloud.

corrin.

bayonetta.

when?
Yung Puff
Yung Puff
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 25

Gold Gold : 35346

Likes Likes : 2

where's the final 3 Empty Re: where's the final 3

6/25/2016, 8:50 am
They werent at e3... they really have some explaining to do.
Cloud
Cloud
Founder & Administrator
Posts Posts : 2722

Gold Gold : 48969

Likes Likes : 102

6/25/2016, 11:02 am
Let's dispel with this fiction that Nintendo doesn't know what they're doing. They know exactly what they're doing. They're holding back the final three Smash amiibo - Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta - who, for many consumers, will be the last three figures they buy, to prolong the sales of their other amiibo. The Kirby series amiibo, Super Mario amiibo Wave 2, and Zelda amiibo were all announced prior to the final 3, who are very obviously being stretched apart so that people waiting for them can hold themselves over by getting amiibo from other series. Does that make sense?
RC
RC
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 418

Gold Gold : 31978

Likes Likes : 37

6/25/2016, 11:06 am
I'm suspecting they're still stuck when it comes to figuring out how to make Bayonetta with less than 5 supports. Perhaps they're seriously considering putting her in a giant block, which, knowing them, will be opaque.

Cloud might be creating complications since Cloud belongs to Square Enix. Ryu also belonged to another company, but Capcom was there for Mega Man's amiibo, so a Ryu amiibo was much safer groud.

Corrin? I'd reckon it has something to do with his sword. It's blade is kinda like a chainsaw, so they're trying to find the sweet spot between looking similar to the actual weapon and being safe for children.
PKMNMaster
PKMNMaster
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 93

Gold Gold : 32314

Likes Likes : 10

6/25/2016, 11:08 am
The only problem with Cloud's idea is interest. I'm only interested in the Smash amiibo. All the other series I won't buy. We've been talking about burnout lately - if I burnout before the final 3, they may not respark interest.
Blue
Blue
Administrator
Posts Posts : 889

Gold Gold : 56441

Likes Likes : 98

6/25/2016, 2:52 pm
Hopefully soon, they're giving us all these useless amiibo like Mario Wave 2, but are holding back the final 3 for some reason...
KahunaLagoona
KahunaLagoona
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 35

Gold Gold : 34468

Likes Likes : 0

6/25/2016, 4:41 pm
Yung Puff wrote:They werent at e3... they really have some explaining to do.

No they don't. They're not obligated to explain why either.

Most people hoped they would be announced at E3 because, heck if I know - E3 being the big show and everything despite Nintendo clearly stating their intentions for the show. Super Mario Wave 2 was a surprise though, but of course that series had a tie in game to promote. I would think had it not been ready to showcase on the show floor, Mario Party Star Rush would've waited a few months for a Nintendo Direct or something and be announced then.

While yes, the reigning theory is correct - that once they're released interest in amiibo will drop because that's all plenty of amiibo collectors care for - I don't think this is Nintendo purposely withholding them to keep the brand alive, much like how stock shortages was mostly theorized that Nintendo was intentionally withholding stock instead of being skeptical that the brand would sell, then eventually releasing larger stock since then.

Given everything, I would say the cause is in the production. There are plenty of fine details in Corrin and Bayonetta to work with might cause a delay in production.
GreninjaNerfer
GreninjaNerfer
Newbie Member
Posts Posts : 16

Gold Gold : 30207

Likes Likes : 1

6/25/2016, 7:30 pm
Whatever the case, I hope they get released soon. I'm really looking forward to pitting Cloud against my Cloud amiibo :)
Elishima
Elishima
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 344

Gold Gold : 54348

Likes Likes : 16

6/25/2016, 10:48 pm
(Ayy, GreninjaNerfer decided to join the party!)

Personally, I think they're holding back the final 3 until they find a good way to promote their release. Because if you think about it, Roy and Ryu were confirmed at the last Smash Bros Direct. 

Since we haven't had much Smash news lately, do you think they'll be announced once they find something Smash related to show off?
GreninjaNerfer
GreninjaNerfer
Newbie Member
Posts Posts : 16

Gold Gold : 30207

Likes Likes : 1

6/25/2016, 11:19 pm
Well, what is there to reveal? The dev team disbanded IIRC.
It would be nice to have new stuff, but I imagine they're just gonna put a 5-minute segment in a Nintendo Direct or something.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum