Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Cloud
Cloud
Founder & Administrator
Posts Posts : 2722

Gold Gold : 49009

Likes Likes : 102

Cloud's Forum Adventures - Nightmare Legion Saga (EPISODE 9) - Page 2 Empty Cloud's Forum Adventures - Nightmare Legion Saga (EPISODE 9)

6/22/2016, 6:41 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
First topic message reminder :

The Nightmare Legion series of Cloud's Forum Adventures is the largest yet - so large, in fact, that its storyline has been divided into seven different sagas, each representing a different story "arc". Each saga will be around 20 episodes long, and will need to be read in order to completely understand what's going on. In this huge multi-saga plotline, the peaceful yet upbeat style of Cloud, Switch, and Megar is disturbed when their new friend is kidnapped by two mysterious men. It might sound cliche, but as the story advances, readers will find that the big picture is anything but cliche.

As you may or may not know, there are over 100 "past" episodes that are not related to the Nightmare Legion series. You can probably tell that they are quite old, as their writing, art, and story are lacking compared to the newer chapters. Despite their age, they are still considered canon, even though they take place in a different world with different characters. They aren't necessarily required reading, but if you do take a look at them, it'll help introduce some characters and explain some of the lore present in the current CFA storyline.

Episode 1: Home Sweet Home
Spoiler:

Episode 2: Another Day at the Dojo
Spoiler:

Episode 3: Megar's Cool House
Spoiler:

Episode 4: Hide and Seek
Spoiler:

Episode 5: A Walk in the Park
Spoiler:

Episode 6: A Spectral Situation
Spoiler:

Episode 7: Megar's Cool Airplane
Spoiler:

Episode 8: The Sky's the Limit
Spoiler:

Episode 9 (NEW): Riding the Wind
Spoiler:

Last edited by Cloud on 11/2/2016, 4:10 pm; edited 18 times in total

Cloud
Cloud
Founder & Administrator

Cloud's Forum Adventures - Nightmare Legion Saga (EPISODE 9) - Page 2 Empty Re: Cloud's Forum Adventures - Nightmare Legion Saga (EPISODE 9)

9/17/2016, 11:40 am
Hey guys, I have updated all of the episodes with minor aesthetic and dialogue changes. These edits will make the comics easier to understand and more enjoyable to read, hope you enjoy! As always, comments are very much appreciated and will help the next episode to release faster. Here's the full list of episode changes:

Chapter 1:
- Added sparkles to Cloud's eyes.
- Changed Switch's first text box in Panel 17.
- Fixed Switch's text box colors.

Chapter 2:
- Changed Cloud's text in Panel 6.
- Changed Cloud's text in Panel 8.

Chapter 3:
- Made sparkles in Spectra's eyes more prominent.

Chapter 4:
- Changed Spectrum's speaking font.
- Added more sparkles to Cloud and Spectra's eyes.
- Completely reworked the last panel.

Chapter 5:
- Added sparkles to Cloud and Spectra's eyes.

Chapter 6:
- Renamed the chapter.
- Made the electrical zaps in Panel 9 more noticeable.

Chapter 7:
- Completely reworked the last panel.
Cloud
Cloud
Founder & Administrator

Cloud's Forum Adventures - Nightmare Legion Saga (EPISODE 9) - Page 2 Empty Re: Cloud's Forum Adventures - Nightmare Legion Saga (EPISODE 9)

9/29/2016, 7:38 pm
Updated with Chapter 8! I'd like to be working even faster, but I'm going as quickly as I can without degrading episode quality. Expect Episode 9 to arrive in two weeks - it'll be the most action-packed episode yet!
GameMasta97
GameMasta97
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 534

Gold Gold : 39657

Likes Likes : 20

9/29/2016, 8:33 pm
:FCN:  I think this should've been Megar's face at the last panel....no eyes....just dots!
Blue
Blue
Administrator
Posts Posts : 889

Gold Gold : 56481

Likes Likes : 98

9/29/2016, 9:19 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Just started reading CFA, and I have to say it's great! Keep up the great work!
Cloud
Cloud
Founder & Administrator

9/30/2016, 6:57 am
That's what a lot of people have been saying. The problem right now is that people have preconceived notions of the series, and refrain from reading it, but when they finally do check it out, they like it. That's fine by me, just a quick observation, is all. Thanks for your comments.

Chapter 9 hasn't been started yet, I just need to get the script finalized and then I can start drawing potentially by tomorrow morning. The episode itself should be released within the next week, but no promises.
Absol
Absol
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 27

Gold Gold : 48380

Likes Likes : 6

10/12/2016, 12:14 am
I just read chapter 8! Finally..... I did it! Haha Cloud!
Cloud
Cloud
Founder & Administrator

10/28/2016, 5:14 pm
After a grueling few weeks of work, Episode 9 is finally here! This was by far the most difficult episode I've ever made, and I hope you all enjoy it. Episode 10 will be out in around a week, if all goes well.
GameMasta97
GameMasta97
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 534

Gold Gold : 39657

Likes Likes : 20

10/28/2016, 6:48 pm
At the last panel my reaction was;
"Really, Megar? You say that like you've designed & built it!"
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum