Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Cloud
Cloud
Founder & Administrator
Posts Posts : 2722

Gold Gold : 48879

Likes Likes : 102

Should Nintendo buy Sega? Empty Should Nintendo buy Sega?

2/12/2015, 10:59 pm
If you haven't heard, we've just got word of the sales of the steaming-pile of not-goodness called Sonic Boom, and to SEGA, they're pretty disappointed. The Wii U and 3DS versions combined sold 490,000 units. So that means that the sales of the Wii U version and the sales of the 3DS version add up to 490,000, less than a million.

Right now, SEGA is not doing good at all. It's been a while since they've released a Sonic game that was widely liked. In fact, this fact surprised me - it's been almost five years since I've bought anything related to Sonic and actually enjoyed it, not including Smash - and that was Sonic Colors. I played Sonic Generations (3DS) in 2011 but it was over before it really started for me, and it ended up being traded in because there was nothing to do but get high rankings on levels after the final boss.

People say that Nintendo shouldn't buy SEGA because they'd ruin Sonic. Hasn't SEGA already ruined Sonic with the release of Sonic Boom? They knew they were releasing garbage because they didn't give any sites review copies because they knew it'd get bad reviews and hurt sales. But it didn't matter, because due to Sonic Boom's low sales, they're now downsizing and focusing on digital games. I really don't think Nintendo would turn Sonic into a generic platformer. Nintendo would definitely keep Sonic's "roots" in place for any officially-liscensed releases. 

So what do you think about this? You can probably tell what I'd prefer.
Jams - ADventuresVDO
Jams - ADventuresVDO
Retired Staff
Posts Posts : 1701

Gold Gold : 42225

Likes Likes : 9

Should Nintendo buy Sega? Empty Re: Should Nintendo buy Sega?

2/15/2015, 7:54 pm
I dunno, I think it's more of about honor.  Yeah, Sonic might be able to live longer if he got a new owner, but that's selling your soul to the devil.  It's like saying you're willing to work for a guy who stole your crush in High School 10 years ago because you'll get better pay; it's disgraceful for a company who once rivaled the biggest company of gaming to now work under it.
EXEcutor the Demonic Bat
EXEcutor the Demonic Bat
Beanluv
Beanluv
Posts Posts : 719

Gold Gold : 45407

Likes Likes : 7

2/15/2015, 8:50 pm
:FCN: Really Sega? C'mon! If You Want To Stay With Sonic The Hedgehog And Keep The Series Alive, THEN You Should Actually Accept The Fact That Taxman And Stealth Want to Help by Remastering Sonic 3 For The IOS, it Could Increase the Popularity of Sonic And SEGA, Am I Right?
DragonSoul
DragonSoul
Shadow
Shadow
Posts Posts : 4574

Gold Gold : 42935

Likes Likes : 24

2/16/2015, 1:58 am
umm no I doubt that would help bean. What I'm about to say goes for all companies that ruined their serieses in 2014 (Assassins Creed and whatnot) STOP trying to change what makes the game good. Sonic Boom for example, they destroyed everything that made sonic fun and made it a "stop/go" fighter and more of a platformed. Assassins creed added mini-transactions and tried (and failed) to make multiplayer. if it works don't change it, simple.
Revoblam
Revoblam
Shaq
Shaq
Posts Posts : 896

Gold Gold : 35983

2/18/2015, 7:28 pm
They Need to use ye old Alex Kidd again and give sanic a breath, i mean they Had like a crapload of Dreamcast, Saturn, and other Games that should have been remaked alredy because they were liek the GG of The Ps2, But really, Alex Kidd needs a remake.
Megar
Megar
3rd Place Champion
Posts Posts : 335

Gold Gold : 36034

Likes Likes : 2

2/21/2015, 7:31 pm
SEGA might not do things with Sonic anymore but do you think we'll even get a chance of having a game like SA2B under Nintendo? I sure as hell don't. You won't see Nintendo throwing out things like Live and Learn.

There's also the factor of other, less known SEGA series. I don't think Nintendo will pay much attention to things like Football Manager and Project DIVA, do you?
Revoblam
Revoblam
Shaq
Shaq
Posts Posts : 896

Gold Gold : 35983

2/22/2015, 2:25 pm
Cough cough cough, *Crapload of Sega Old titles in the old Dreamcast, Lots of titles*

I swear nintendo could make quite a lot of Money With remakes of old games, they have Virtual console for Sega consoles anyways.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum