Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

Which do you think is worse?

7 - 70%
3 - 30%

Total Votes: 10

Jams - ADventuresVDO
Jams - ADventuresVDO
Retired Staff
Posts Posts : 1701

Gold Gold : 42345

Likes Likes : 9

Water Temple VS Great Bay Temple Empty Water Temple VS Great Bay Temple

1/4/2015, 4:45 pm
Water dungeons in LoZ seem to be, more often than not, hated.  As such, which do you like the least: the Water Temple (from Ocarina of Time) or the Great Bay Temple (from Majora's Mask)?

I personally think the Water Temple was worse.  The GBT may be hard to navigate at first, but once you've essentially memorized it's layout, it's not too hard to go through it again.  Compare that to the Water Temple, where constant travelling or even just having to 
(insert long process):
makes it tedious no matter HOW well you've memorized the path you need to take.

Also, the GBT is not actually boring when you stop ranting at the layout and focus on the puzzles themselves.  You've got water currents, giant waterwheels propelled by water jets, see saws; it's here that I realized that the dungeon isn't just a dungeon, it's basically a giant Rube Goldberg machine designed to get you to the end, but ONLY if you know how to use it.  By mastering the machine, you will be able to get to the end.

Water Temple is just changing the water level.  Yippie skip.
HeroOfRhyme
HeroOfRhyme
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 294

Gold Gold : 34527

Likes Likes : 1

Water Temple VS Great Bay Temple Empty Re: Water Temple VS Great Bay Temple

1/4/2015, 6:03 pm
See, I didn't find Water temple bad at all, seriously. It was relatively easy. I don't remember the great bay one, isnt that the one with all the pipes and stuff? That was way worse imo.
DragonSoul
DragonSoul
Shadow
Shadow
Posts Posts : 4574

Gold Gold : 43055

Likes Likes : 24

1/13/2015, 7:30 pm
Great Bay is less time consuming. I found both easy. So I pick water temple because it takes more time.
Megar
Megar
3rd Place Champion
Posts Posts : 335

Gold Gold : 36154

Likes Likes : 2

1/15/2015, 2:25 pm
For all of my distaste towards Majora's Mask, I have to give it that the Great Bay Temple is better than the Water Temple. There was a lot more to the Great Bay Temple and I respect it for that.
Bomber57
Bomber57
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 56

Gold Gold : 43641

Likes Likes : 0

1/18/2015, 12:00 pm
I'm gonna have to go with GBT because of sheer difficulty. The design and concept is a lot more interesting than the Water Temple was, but the temple and boss (GEEEEYORG) being so hard on the time limit the game gives you makes it very tough.
HeroOfRhyme
HeroOfRhyme
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 294

Gold Gold : 34527

Likes Likes : 1

1/21/2015, 8:16 pm
I just about finishing a 100% run of OoT, and the water temple was far easier than Great Bay. I actually stopped my Majora's mask run because of Great Bay, I'm currently stuck and cant remember what to do there.

Great Bay is completely worse.
Revoblam
Revoblam
Shaq
Shaq
Posts Posts : 896

Gold Gold : 36103

1/22/2015, 8:48 am
lol, i ever get a wii u i will see what the bay temple thing is, while then i will see the water temple, but, and if im correct, Dark Link made the water temple a Hell more difficut?
dragonfan96
dragonfan96
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 56

Gold Gold : 33292

Likes Likes : 0

5/4/2015, 2:50 am
I Would say that the Great bay Temple is worse as getting them damn Fairies is so frustrating!

GB is also more confusing as to know where the pipes are and go

and dont get me STARTED on the Gyoorge 

Oddly though GB temple makes me think of Rapture from BioShock for some reason

the Water temple, all it is is changing the Water level and do puzzles that are just tedious thats it,

Im disappointed the Water temple of TP wasnt added, is it really THAT easy?
DragonSoul
DragonSoul
Shadow
Shadow
Posts Posts : 4574

Gold Gold : 43055

Likes Likes : 24

5/4/2015, 10:02 am
Yes, the water temple of both TP and Skyward sword are both really easy compared to OOT And MM.
Jams - ADventuresVDO
Jams - ADventuresVDO
Retired Staff
Posts Posts : 1701

Gold Gold : 42345

5/4/2015, 5:29 pm
Twilight Princess's water temple just felt boring and dark.  A lot of TP feels dark to me, but it's worse when it feels boring.  It loses the wonder that I know from Zelda games because it's often times too dark for me to see it.  It's one thing to be boring, but it's another thing to be boring and depressing as well.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum