Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Cloud
Cloud
Founder & Administrator
Posts Posts : 2722

Gold Gold : 48909

Likes Likes : 102

How to clone Pokémon! Empty How to clone Pokémon!

8/18/2014, 9:42 pm
I figured I'd help you all out a bit here. This is my guide on how to clone Pokémon! This is an 100% safe method that works with Pokémon X & Y and will also work with Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire! Note that if you perform this method on D/P or B/W, there's a chance for the save file to corrupt. Gen 6 ONLY! Here's what you'll need.

- Two Nintendo 3DS Systems
- Two copies of Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, or Alpha Sapphire
- Preferably, the two 3DSes would be connected locally. Not over the internet

So, if you've got all that, you're all set to begin cloning! Start simple with something like Bidoof. Pokémon like Yveltal (NOT Xerneas, only Yveltal) and Metagross seem to have different timing, along with Pokémon holding the Leftovers item. Now for a step-by-step guide!

So, say that me and my brother meet up locally and I'm trying to clone my Pikachu.

My brother would use his 3DS to ASK ME to trade, since I am the one with the Pokémon that we want cloned! THIS IS CRUCIAL! IF YOU DON'T GET THIS RIGHT, THE POKéMON COULD BE ERASED. THERE IS NO CHANCE OF THIS IF YOU DO IT RIGHT.

Once he's has asked me to trade, I will offer the Pikachu. He must offer something he DOES NOT want. If you clone something, my brother's Pokémon will be OVERWRITTEN. Meaning that he would never get it back. So I offer my Pikachu, and he offers a Bidoof.

We perform the trade. When Bidoof comes and appears on my screen, the screen will black out. I go to this timer and press the - button on your computer to start the timer right when the screen blacks out and the music stops for a split-second. I count to 3 and PRESS THE POWER BUTTON, and go back to the HOME Menu. If done correctly, my brother will get an error message saying he must turn his 3DS off, and we will both have the Pikachu.

Any questions? Post 'em here.

Last edited by Cloud on 8/26/2014, 4:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Revoblam
Revoblam
Shaq
Shaq
Posts Posts : 896

Gold Gold : 36013

Likes Likes : 9

How to clone Pokémon! Empty Re: How to clone Pokémon!

8/18/2014, 9:53 pm
This should be the ULTIMATE MEGA MAGNA LEGIT way to clone Pokemon

Also, could you explakn why Yvelta and metagross work a slighter diferent and why the other pokemon games on ds get corrupt by doing this ._.?
Cloud
Cloud
Founder & Administrator

8/18/2014, 10:04 pm
revoblam wrote:This should be the ULTIMATE MEGA MAGNA LEGIT way to clone Pokemon

Also, could you explakn why Yvelta and metagross work a slighter diferent and why the other pokemon games on ds get corrupt by doing this ._.?

Because Pokemon cloning on earlier generations may work differently. If this method does work on those systems, there's likely a risk of save file loss. Yveltal and Metagross probably take longer for the game to write to the other system.
Seemefly
Seemefly
Retired Staff
Posts Posts : 218

Gold Gold : 46650

Likes Likes : 4

8/18/2014, 10:34 pm
Well, this is nice to know. xD
vs
Fustic Administrator
Posts Posts : 8206

Gold Gold : 48333751

Likes Likes : 69

8/18/2014, 10:38 pm
Cloud wrote:...and 11tailedwolf and me will both of the Pikachu.
Excuse me, What?
roflchan
roflchan
Newbie Member
Posts Posts : 17

Gold Gold : 35565

Likes Likes : 1

8/19/2014, 8:39 pm
Will this work even if it isn't local? Or is it necessary
Cloud
Cloud
Founder & Administrator

8/19/2014, 8:40 pm
I think it works online, with different timing.
ErikMouse
ErikMouse
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 661

Gold Gold : 47388

Likes Likes : 7

http://www.erikmouse.com

8/20/2014, 10:21 am
SuperFatMikeTheCatNine wrote:
Cloud wrote:...and 11tailedwolf and me will both of the Pikachu.
Excuse me, What?
And then Team Rocket will come along and steal the Pikachu, but you will still have Pikachu as you have already performed a cloning operation on Pikachu.
roflchan
roflchan
Newbie Member
Posts Posts : 17

Gold Gold : 35565

Likes Likes : 1

8/25/2014, 5:31 pm
Mac and I have successfully cloned over WiFi, just about a second difference in time
Cloud
Cloud
Founder & Administrator

8/25/2014, 5:45 pm
Crisschan wrote:Mac and I have successfully cloned over WiFi, just about a second difference in time

Was it because of this guide? :P
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum