Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Cloud
Cloud
Founder & Administrator
Posts Posts : 2722

Gold Gold : 48969

Likes Likes : 102

My idea for a project I'm making. Empty My idea for a project I'm making.

3/23/2013, 10:33 pm
OK, I'm thinking about abandoning Super Mario Bros. Y. Why, you ask? I had an idea to make a Yoshi's Island styled Mini-episode with 6 worlds, 6 levels per world. The tentative title of this project is Yoshi's Island X. I may recolor and fix Squishy Rex's SMW Yoshi, too. Please post your opinions on this idea here.
Fire_Blade
Fire_Blade
Shaq
Shaq
Posts Posts : 1622

Gold Gold : 44370

Likes Likes : 10

My idea for a project I'm making. Empty Re: My idea for a project I'm making.

3/23/2013, 11:22 pm
Sounds like a nice idea to me. I haven't heard any news about SMBY, anyway.

Last edited by 1Line087 on 3/23/2013, 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Oops, referring to SMBV.)
Squishy Rex
Squishy Rex
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 719

Gold Gold : 42800

Likes Likes : 28

3/24/2013, 3:52 am
Cloud wrote:OK, I'm thinking about abandoning Super Mario Bros. Y. Why, you ask? I had an idea to make a Yoshi's Island styled Mini-episode with 6 worlds, 6 levels per world. The tentative title of this project is Yoshi's Island X. I may recolor and fix Squishy Rex's SMW Yoshi, too. Please post your opinions on this idea here.

This sounds really cool actually, so I suppose that YI GFX Pack that I complied a couple months ago might help there. But if you do fix whatever problems you find with Yoshi, could you send him to me before you recolour it please. I just don't have time to do it myself. But a YI episode, even if it is only a mini, has not been done before as far as I'm aware so I think, with good level designs this could be really good. I hope you go through with it.
Yoshiboo62
Yoshiboo62
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 30

Gold Gold : 41510

Likes Likes : 0

3/24/2013, 4:47 am
6 worlds doesn't sound that "mini" to me... Other than that it could be a good idea if well designed as it'll be the first YI style only project. But I bet you'll ragequit quickly after starting because of how hard those tilesets are to use. =P
Cloud
Cloud
Founder & Administrator

3/24/2013, 9:05 am
No, not YI styled graphics, I mean a Yoshi's Island styled episode. I'll use all sorts of tiles in this episode.
Turnip
Turnip
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 149

Gold Gold : 42015

Likes Likes : 1

http://www.rogerkorpics.tumblr.com/

3/27/2013, 2:31 pm
Look, this sound good and all but if you cant complete even a 1 world episode without you canceling it then I think you should do something small like a 6 level game or multiple levels on the level fourm then work your way up a little bit at a time IMO.
Cloud
Cloud
Founder & Administrator

3/27/2013, 3:46 pm
I always grow tired of the idea, is the problem. If I prevent myself from coming up with new ideas, and then make the level I have an idea for, I won't quit the project.
Shade

Posts Posts : 352

Gold Gold : 42300

3/27/2013, 6:03 pm
Well if you tend to abandon Super Mario Bros. Y, then maybe you can use some of the levels from that project for you new thought up one. Um.... I'm thinking of starting a great project myself.
Cloud
Cloud
Founder & Administrator

3/27/2013, 10:02 pm
Here's my idea for a story. Bowser has once again stolen the Super Happy Tree, which has now grown into a full-fledged towering plant. As you know, the SHT is the main source of happiness on Yoshi's Island. But to prevent the Yoshies from becoming happy anyway, Bowser has stolen the hearts of the entire Yoshi race - literally! And Yoshi's heart had something very important to him in it - his abilities! Yoshi can no longer slurp up enemies with his tongue, make eggs, or flutter jump. Sad, depressed, and without their main abilities, the Yoshies must recover their hearts and restore peace to Yoshi's Island.
Shade

Posts Posts : 352

Gold Gold : 42300

3/27/2013, 10:09 pm
Hmm.... Cloud this sound quite interesting, really. Well, if you can turn it into a great project then do it. And Yoshi would be the playable character in this story right?

Off-Topic: Please join the chat.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum