Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Master_Toki
Master_Toki
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 37

Gold Gold : 44550

Likes Likes : 0

Making Playable Characters Empty Making Playable Characters

3/6/2012, 1:59 pm
Well, since I now know that this game is super open based with various graphics for making the perfect SMB-styled game your way, I wanted to put my character into the game, but before I start tinkering around, I have some questions I wanted to ask.

How exactly do you make a Playable Character for the game? Are there certain limitations and/or boundaries that the character has to be within? Also, can the character have custom power-ups or are they also restricted within the boundaries that are already set up for the default characters? I've just been delving through the forum and have not seen any threads asking this sort of question nor have I found any tutorials as well. So any help I can get would be grateful, because I already have ideas scheming in my head for a superb Luigi-specific game with including my character into the scene as well.

Thanks again!
Macmeister
Macmeister
M+ Member
M+ Member
Posts Posts : 2171

Gold Gold : 47790

Likes Likes : 8

http://www.metroid101@forumotion.com

Making Playable Characters Empty Re: Making Playable Characters

3/6/2012, 4:23 pm
Master_Toki wrote:Well, since I now know that this game is super open based with various graphics for making the perfect SMB-styled game your way, I wanted to put my character into the game, but before I start tinkering around, I have some questions I wanted to ask.

How exactly do you make a Playable Character for the game? Are there certain limitations and/or boundaries that the character has to be within? Also, can the character have custom power-ups or are they also restricted within the boundaries that are already set up for the default characters? I've just been delving through the forum and have not seen any threads asking this sort of question nor have I found any tutorials as well. So any help I can get would be grateful, because I already have ideas scheming in my head for a superb Luigi-specific game with including my character into the scene as well.

Thanks again!

I could post the same question.........

Sorry.......... :S
HashtagBenches
HashtagBenches
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 124

Gold Gold : 46590

Likes Likes : 3

3/7/2012, 4:03 pm
I have the answers for you. I can make one for you if you want, but it would take a while(I only need the sprites and some information).

How exactly do you make a Playable Character for the game? Are there certain limitations and/or boundaries that the character has to be within?
You get the graphics and edit them. There are limitations. The character takes the abilities of the character he/she replaces. So if there was a Flying Koopa replacing Peach, he/she would be able to float for a while like Peach, etc.
Also, can the character have custom power-ups or are they also restricted within the boundaries that are already set up for the default characters?
They can only use the default power ups, but you can change them to look like something different. E.G Propeller replacing Leaf/Tanooki. Electricity replacing Fire... and so on.

Hope this helped.
Master_Toki
Master_Toki
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 37

Gold Gold : 44550

Likes Likes : 0

3/7/2012, 6:25 pm
Yes it did. Now the real question is do you know what the parameters for the character sizes? I have a Luigi skin that I can use (I had originally made it for Mushroom Kingdom Fusion, another huge Mario Fan Game) and I just want to make sure that he can fit within the boundaries of the sprite.
mariofan
mariofan
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 328

Gold Gold : 45030

Likes Likes : 6

3/21/2012, 10:39 am
Just make it the same size as the character. They are almost perfectly fitting. some action of the character might be much larger but who knows...
Kazzoo
Kazzoo
Carlos Rank
Carlos Rank
Posts Posts : 2699

Gold Gold : 46960

Likes Likes : 27

http://patatoe-works.tumblr.com/

4/3/2012, 10:57 pm
Mehmeh wrote:I have the answers for you. I can make one for you if you want, but it would take a while(I only need the sprites and some information).

How exactly do you make a Playable Character for the game? Are there certain limitations and/or boundaries that the character has to be within?
You get the graphics and edit them. There are limitations. The character takes the abilities of the character he/she replaces. So if there was a Flying Koopa replacing Peach, he/she would be able to float for a while like Peach, etc.
Also, can the character have custom power-ups or are they also restricted within the boundaries that are already set up for the default characters?
They can only use the default power ups, but you can change them to look like something different. E.G Propeller replacing Leaf/Tanooki. Electricity replacing Fire... and so on.

Hope this helped.

Maybe! Pat use Plasma replacing Boomerang and Flying replacing Racoon.

mariofan wrote:Just make it the same size as the character. They are almost perfectly fitting. some action of the character might be much larger but who knows...

I knows... but there some playable character much larges... like Larry Koopa or Zeus Guy.. Oh! And that Yoshi on RedYoshi GFX pack.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum