Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
CrimsonZEXAL
CrimsonZEXAL
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 195

Gold Gold : 34124

Likes Likes : 4

Amiibo Free-for-All (AFFA) Empty Amiibo Free-for-All (AFFA)

3/18/2017, 4:28 pm
Message reputation : 50% (2 votes)
Hey everybody!

Chances are you never thought I'd be hosting an amiibo tournament, especially hosting one out of the blue for most of you. Starting this Monday, I will be posting videos of each match in my Amiibo Free-for-All on my YouTube channel (just look up 'CrimsonZEXAL' and you should find it). Unless I otherwise know that there's a demand for more uploads every day, the current schedule is to post 1 video (i.e. 1 best of 3 match) per day.

Right now, the current bracket consists of all 64 of my Sm4sh-compatible amiibo, which includes a good number of multiple characters (I own 4 Links). As a result, this tournament (without a 2-set grand finals) will be 126 matches. For many of you, I'm sure you would like to enter your amiibo into this tourney or subsequent ones. However, in time, I want to escalate the quality of my YouTube channel to the point where I can live stream these tournaments. 

So unlike most, if not all, other amiibo tournies, there will be an entry cost to compete. Don't worry; the charge isn't too brutal. I have a Patreon account set up that will have its holds removed on Monday. After the hold is removed, you can donate towards the channel and enter your amiibo for only $5. However, if you're trying to save on funds but still want to participate, I also have a $2 donation reward in place to let you rent one of my amiibos in your name. You would just need to donate the $2 and email me which amiibo you'd like to rent. 

If an amiibo you would like to rent is already taken, however, you can either choose another amiibo or I can put you in a queue for that amiibo in a later tournament. I will include the links to the bracket, my YouTube, and Patreon page for any who are interested in taking part, or checking out the tournament once it starts on Monday. (Edit) I will add an email to send your amiibo once I know there are people interested.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZuF7jov0UrdDZMVJH7xqcg
Gmail (for amiibo entries from other trainers): crimsonzexal39@gmail.com (Entry of amiibo will be confirmed upon donation to my Patreon. If the donation turnout is strong enough, I will allow for a cash pot for this and future tournaments. [Sorry, but the only way I'll be able to get live streams up in a reasonable amount of time is through Patreon right now.])
Challonge: http://challonge.com/CrimsonZEXAL
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=5304707

The rules for the tournament are listed below, and the purpose for the "free-for-all" style is to allow those unfamiliar with amiibo training and amiibo tournaments to see what matches are like when amiibo don't have bans on any aspect of their setup.
Best of 3 until Top 8
Top 8 - Best of 5
Rule for Human players sending in amiibos: 1 amiibo per entry
All Stat layouts, Equipment, and Customs allowed
Omega stages only, 2 stock, 6 mins

Last edited by CrimsonZEXAL on 3/20/2017, 2:14 pm; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : Spacing issue that I felt I needed to correct; Include links to tournament-related sites; Added rule for human players entering amiibos, as well as email to enter amiibos with; Included cash pot incentive for Patreon backers for tournament entry)
Blue
Blue
Administrator
Posts Posts : 889

Gold Gold : 56451

Likes Likes : 98

Amiibo Free-for-All (AFFA) Empty Re: Amiibo Free-for-All (AFFA)

3/19/2017, 8:14 am
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
No offense, but who would pay to enter on online amiibo tourney?
hihahaba
hihahaba
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 98

Gold Gold : 30887

Likes Likes : 22

3/19/2017, 4:11 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Blue wrote:No offense, but who would pay to enter on online amiibo tourney?
TBH I might if it went into a pot and streamed.

(though for a first tourney, not really interested, especially in this style of tourney where someone can enter how ever many they want >.>)
CrimsonZEXAL
CrimsonZEXAL
Standard Member

3/19/2017, 5:22 pm
The whole payment aspect is to help towards eventually live streaming tournaments. I know it's unconventional, and to an extent kind of stupid, but the recording equipment wouldn't just be going towards live streams but to bigger projects in the future. Right now, the capture card I'm looking at costs ~$160, all the other equipment (webcam, mic, sound board, etc.) comes up to ~$170, and that isn't easy money for me to come across. 

So it's a way for another live streamed amiibo tournament to be available; but at the moment, single-handedly paying for it all isn't realistic. Especially when the $300 I'll have in the next month is meant for groceries while I attend college.
CrimsonZEXAL
CrimsonZEXAL
Standard Member

3/19/2017, 5:34 pm
hihahaba wrote:
TBH I might if it went into a pot and streamed.

(though for a first tourney, not really interested, especially in this style of tourney where someone can enter how ever many they want >.>)
I may revise the rules to reduce the number of entries down to 1 amiibo per trainer.

As for the reason why I'm not able to stream it, check my response to Blue's post. And if there is enough support to my Patreon, I probably will do that. I was contemplating it earlier today, but didn't know if I could do that quite yet. Fortunately, I'm posting the entire tourney on my YouTube and the bracket is not final yet. You have until tomorrow around 11 am Pacific Time to send someone in if you want. If I know there are people interested, I'll update the links I have to include my Gmail address so you can send them. And I'll include when the holds on my Patreon are off so you can donate to it and be able to send in your amiibo. 

But I can't realistically create a cash pot with 1 human entry. So, if you know of other trainers who'd be interested in entering to build up a cash pot, feel free to. The $5 for sending an amiibo is one way of building the pot up. There's also renting out my amiibo for $2 or donating directly to my Paypal that can help bolster a cash pot that I could send to high-placing entrants. Just know that I'll keep some of whatever's donated so I can afford streaming equipment. At least that way, it's not too brutal to anyone else because that helps towards building the channel and getting live streams going.

Am I making sense anymore? 'Cause I hope I am, with how kinda stupid I sound right now.
CrimsonZEXAL
CrimsonZEXAL
Standard Member

3/19/2017, 7:46 pm
Quick realization: the hold on my Patreon account is not, I repeat IS NOT, on receiving donations but on my ability to pay out the Patreon donations.

So, if you want to donate to my Patreon to enter the tourney, be it renting one of my amiibo or entering one of yours, you can do so right now. If you do want to enter your own amiibo, just let me know, and I'll update the initial post to have my Gmail.
CrimsonZEXAL
CrimsonZEXAL
Standard Member

3/20/2017, 2:05 pm
Alright. As of now, the 1st part of the Amiibo Free-for-All has begun! For anyone wanting to enter their own amiibo, I will wait until the end of the day to post the official bracket on Challonge. Just know that any amiibo entered will have their match held later in Round 1.

Here's the link to today's video:

Last edited by CrimsonZEXAL on 3/27/2017, 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total
CrimsonZEXAL
CrimsonZEXAL
Standard Member

3/20/2017, 2:40 pm
For those who are new to amiibo tournaments and the amiibo training community, I'm including a link from AmiiboDan, one of our community's big amiibo personalities, on how to email an amiibo.

This video will be necessary for anyone interested in entering their own amiibo to AFFA. However, for those who can't afford a $20 Amiibo Powersaves or can't find one but still want to compete, you can rent one of my amiibo in their name for $2 by going to my Patreon. The link to that is in the original post, as well as a link to my Gmail for those who want to enter their own amiibo to the tournament. A Patreon donation, however, will be needed to confirm entry. But with enough donations, a cash pot can and will be made for high placing entries. The cash pot will be split up and will, for now, be given to the top 3 placing human players, whether entering their own amiibo or renting one of mine in their name.

Last edited by CrimsonZEXAL on 3/27/2017, 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total
CrimsonZEXAL
CrimsonZEXAL
Standard Member

3/21/2017, 1:19 am

Alright. Match 1 of the first round is over! In the battle of Shulk and Weiss (Mii Swordfighter), the winner is Weiss. Tomorrow's match is Lucas vs Rosalina.

With the bracket up, no new amiibo entries can be entered. However, rental of any of my amiibo in the tournament is still possible. Unless an amiibo is eliminated from the loser's bracket, all 64 amiibo are available for rental for $2. Just donate the $2 through Patreon, and email me through my Gmail who you want to rent. In addition to the rental, your name will be featured as a Patreon backer on all videos during the tournament. Of course, that's for any donation of $1, but you can get that on top of the rental.

Last edited by CrimsonZEXAL on 3/27/2017, 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total
CrimsonZEXAL
CrimsonZEXAL
Standard Member

3/21/2017, 10:44 pm
Alright. The 2nd match of AFFA is over; the winner: Lucas. Rosalina moves to Loser's bracket.

As for tomorrow's matchup, it'll be Ocarina Link vs Mii Brawler (Yang Xiao Long).

Last edited by CrimsonZEXAL on 3/27/2017, 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum