Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
CrimsonZEXAL
CrimsonZEXAL
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 195

Gold Gold : 34144

Likes Likes : 4

Mii Fighter - Team RWBY Concepts Empty Mii Fighter - Team RWBY Concepts

1/6/2017, 7:43 pm
Hey everybody!

So my training of all, currently released, non-Mii Fighter amiibo is nearly complete. And I'm getting ready to train some Miis. But I would like some help on setting them up just right before I commence training. Because this will be a Mii Fighter Team RWBY. If anyone is interested in helping, just reply to this post with whatever Mii design (and QR code) you have for them, stat setups, custom moves, and training advice you have in mind.
I'll list what I already had planned several months ago below, just to see what you think could work and what may not.

Do be aware, nothing listed below is final until I feel it has been finalized.

Also, if you'd like me to share what faces I have for my Team RWBY amiibos, just PM me here or just tweet that you'd like me to post the QR codes.

Team RWBY Amiibo Movesets:

Ruby - Swordfighter - Standard Red Outfit OR Pirate Outfit
Custom Moves:
B         2 - Shuriken of Light
Side B 1 - Airborne Assault (Be EXTREMELY careful when using this move; Horizontal recovery is great, but if you miss the ledge you will not be able to recover with an Up Special. Also, be careful using this on stage, because missing your target from anywhere other than the center of an Omega Form stage will mean certain death.)
Up B     2 - Skyward Slash Dash
Down B 1 - Blade Counter (Against Yoshi's Egg Throws and Egg Roll, there wasn't a lot of power to this move; Will test with use of Smash attacks)
Stats: 40/10/70?
Equipment Effects:
1. Invincibility after eating? (It fits with Ruby's character, okay?)

Possible effects: Critical hit capability
Improved Escapability
Improved attack in a crisis
Improved speed in a crisis

Weiss - Swordfighter - Standard White Outfit OR Neon Suit?
Custom Moves:
B         3 - Blurring Blade (Marth's Tipper Neutral Special in a nutshell; spacing is important at high percents to get this to kill)
Side B 2 - Slash Launcher
Up B         1 - Stone Scabbard (Watch out w/ this one; it functions like Cloud's Up-Special on autopilot, meaning the spike will always go through. Be careful while recovering.)
Down B 3 - Power Thrust (Sword thrusts just seem too appropriate for Weiss, don't you agree?)
Stats: Balanced - 50/30/40?
Equipment Effects:

Possible effects: Critical hit capability
Improved dodge ability
Easy Perfect Shield

Blake - Swordfighter - Cat Ears, Ninja Suit
Custom Moves:
B         1 - Gale Strike
Side B 3 - Chakram 
Up B         3 - Hero's Spin (Link's Up-Special)
Down B 2 - Reversal Slash (Mario's Cape)
Stats: Balanced - 40/50/30?
Equipment Effects:
1. Improved trade-off ability?
2. Critical hit capability?
3. Lifesteal, or Health-restoring shield?

Possible Effects:
Improved Escapability
Quick Smash attacks

Yang - Brawler - Fighter Uniform
Custom Moves:
B         2 - Ultimate Uppercut (A chargeable move that works wonders at high percents [Mario was killed, standing still, at ~80% before the attack, Samus was killed at ~85%, and King Dedede was killed at ~95%])
Side B 3 - Headache Maker
Up B         3 - Piston Punch (Not too good for recovery; may change to a better recovery option; Little Mac's standard Up-Special)
*Alternate Up B 1 - Soaring Axe Kick (Works very similar to Swordfighter's Stone Scabbard Up-Special; Brawler's best vertical recovery move; Can be used as an off-stage spike if executed closed to stand height and works at basically any %. [Computers were unable to recover when hit with the spike at this height.])
Down B 2 - Feint Jump (Works similar to ZSSamus' standard Down-Special; Use the 1st button press of this move for horizontal recovery, along with Soaring Axe Kick [if you're using it] to avoid missing the ledge. Be extremely careful when using both together, or things will go horribly wrong.)
Stats: Balanced - 70/40/10?
Equipment Effects:
1. Invincibility in a crisis; Critical hit capability
2. Crash run
3. Smash Ball retention, Chance of double Final Smash, or Respawn Final Smash? (Fits into the zone of using her Semblance)

Possible Effects: Invincibility after eating
Improved Escapability
Improved attack in crisis

*Notes on Brawlers (Found at https://www.eventhubs.com/moves/ssb4/mii-brawler/):
Mii Brawler's combo potential and kill power is somewhat tied to the build of the Mii that it is based upon. The preferred Mii is very short (shorter size features lower ending lag while taller Miis have slightly more kill power) and either mid weight or very thin. While the very thin Brawlers have more combo potential and more jump height (short hops are unaffected), they are much more difficult to control due to their sliding.

The reason these statistics matter is because they will affect which moves and followups are available to you:

Up air: Very low landing lag so can be fastfalled on top of characters to continue combos. Can also chain into itself at lower %s. The shortest Mii brawler may do 2 uairs in a single short hop or a back air into up air. This can potentially link into up-B depending on DI(direction influence) and the custom you've selected.

Up-B: This is basically the reason you pick Mii Brawler when playing it. His Helicopter Kick and Piston Punch are his best options by far. Piston Punch is a tad gimmicky in that it has its place in certain matchups due to the fact that if only the first hit lands (due to DI, spacing, etc.) then it has set knockback which flat out KOs many lighter characters. On Final Destination, Jigglypuff dies at 0 from down throw, Rosalina at around 40% (% is irrelevant due to set knockback but the down throw gets them high enough at these %s to ensure the kill). Besides that though, Piston Punch has a poor hitbox and isn't a very good recovery option.

Helicopter Kick is ridiculous. It combos directly after down throw or forward air (depends on DI) and can kill characters very early. With neutral DI, Fox dies from down throw > fair > Up-B at 50% near the edge (all being a true combo doing 30%+ damage with skinny/short Mii but is dependent on DI). Down-throw > Up-B is very consistent and is almost a guaranteed kill post 90%.

Yang - Gunner - Standard Outfit, or Dragon Armor [Which would you pick? Still deciding.]
Custom Moves:
B         2 - Laser Blaze (Slower, but more damaging version of Fox's Blaster)
Side B 1 - Flame Pillar (Ness' PK Fire)
*Alternate Side B: 3 - Gunner Missile: This functions like Samus' Missiles. The weaker variation has lower power, but greater homing capabilities. The stronger variation has greater overall power. I may end up using this for the Side B of my Gunner.
Up B         1 - Lunar Launch (Mii Gunner's Best Recovery Move)
Down B 2 - Bomb Drop (Can kill at 100%+ [Can't wait to see what Critical hits could do with this move!])
Equipment: 50/50/20?
Equipment Effects:

Alternate Effects: Invincibility after eating

Last edited by CrimsonZEXAL on 1/7/2017, 2:15 pm; edited 11 times in total
Cyrox
Cyrox
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 94

Gold Gold : 31128

Likes Likes : 13

Mii Fighter - Team RWBY Concepts Empty Re: Mii Fighter - Team RWBY Concepts

1/6/2017, 8:01 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Don't think I'll be a whole lot of help, but I wanted to say I love this idea.
CrimsonZEXAL
CrimsonZEXAL
Standard Member

1/9/2017, 2:16 pm
Hey, does anyone know a decent speed based Amiibo stat setup that doesn't make the amiibo too floaty? I'm thinking of giving my Ruby amiibo a 40/10/70 setup.
Cyrox
Cyrox
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 94

Gold Gold : 31128

Likes Likes : 13

1/9/2017, 2:21 pm
Crash run maybe. Would also give off the slipstream look.
Blue
Blue
Administrator
Posts Posts : 889

Gold Gold : 56471

Likes Likes : 98

1/9/2017, 2:43 pm
20 speed or 0 speed+all around Trade Off can make an amiibo fast, but not too floaty.
CrimsonZEXAL
CrimsonZEXAL
Standard Member

1/9/2017, 6:41 pm
Blue wrote:20 speed or 0 speed+all around Trade Off can make an amiibo fast, but not too floaty.
So what if I want Critical Hit, Lifesteal, and Improved Escape? What should I give up for All-Around Trade-off?
Blue
Blue
Administrator
Posts Posts : 889

Gold Gold : 56471

Likes Likes : 98

1/9/2017, 9:56 pm
CrimsonZEXAL wrote:
Blue wrote:20 speed or 0 speed+all around Trade Off can make an amiibo fast, but not too floaty.
So what if I want Critical Hit, Lifesteal, and Improved Escape? What should I give up for All-Around Trade-off?
Critical Hits
CrimsonZEXAL
CrimsonZEXAL
Standard Member

1/9/2017, 11:04 pm
Hello again,

So my Yang Mii Gunner is doing a lot, and I mean A LOT, of roll-dodging and not much otherwise. Anyone know what might be the cause of this, and more specifically how to fix it?
CrimsonZEXAL
CrimsonZEXAL
Standard Member

1/9/2017, 11:13 pm
Blue wrote:
CrimsonZEXAL wrote:
Critical Hits
Alright. So where should I redistribute the stats for Ruby's 40/10/70 setup to adjust for 0 or 20 Speed? I want Ruby to feel authentic to her character, so I want her defenses to be slightly sub-par. Do I just give the other 50-70 into her Attack stat and make her a monster with her attack power, putting her between 90/10/20 and 110/10/0? Or do I invest very little into buffing her Defense, without making the stat very high?
CrimsonZEXAL
CrimsonZEXAL
Standard Member

1/12/2017, 10:25 pm
Alright, so it's time to check back in on progress.

I have completed training of all my Mii Fighters. Team RWBY has been assembled. And it's been an interesting experience. Being able to have Ruby, Weiss, and Blake take each of the customs for the Swordfighter has been quite interesting, especially since I now know a Swordfighter can true combo from down-throw into Stone Scabbard.

But because I'm typing this within 2 hours of the Nintendo Switch presentation, I'll make updates later. 
Just know that my Ruby Mii Swordfighter went 2-3 against my Lucina!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum