Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Lu Lingqi
Lu Lingqi
Newbie Member
Posts Posts : 5

Gold Gold : 28700

Likes Likes : 0

Lucina Amiibo advice Empty Lucina Amiibo advice

11/27/2016, 10:15 am
So I use a Lucina Amiibo without stats just to train her naturally ( Not sure if that's a good idea) Used every character against her and she is doing pretty good. However, when I launch her in the air, she hardly tries to recover or attack me back when she's in the air, she just takes free hits and does nothing about it. Only if I do it a few times without failing. Does anyone know how to train an Amiibo with air recovery or counter attack me while in the air?

Also I wanna learn her more going off the stage to hit me far away so I cannot go back up the stage. She does it sometimes but not too a lot.

TL;DR: My Amiibo doesn't do anything to stop me from hitting her when she is launched in the air.

Yes, I am new here.
Nickural
Nickural
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 388

Gold Gold : 36068

Likes Likes : 43

Lucina Amiibo advice Empty Re: Lucina Amiibo advice

11/27/2016, 10:59 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Hello there, welcome to the forums!
Amiibo have a hard time air dodging against other amiibo, humans, or cpus when above them.
The best way to help it to do this is teach it defense but it really isn't guarenteed that they will do it, they will just do it more often
Also Amiibo don't usually Edge Guard other Amiibo using special moves unless if they are coded to be able to do it (like links bow, Duck Hunt's Can/Wild Gunmen, Mario/Luigi's fireball, Dr. Mario's pills, Yoshi's Eggs, etc.) Every Amiibo also edge guards using one of their smash attacks, most commonly Forward smash.
I hope this helped!
Lu Lingqi
Lu Lingqi
Newbie Member

11/27/2016, 11:22 am
Nickural wrote:Hello there, welcome to the forums!
Amiibo have a hard time air dodging against other amiibo, humans, or cpus when above them.
The best way to help it to do this is teach it defense but it really isn't guarenteed that they will do it, they will just do it more often
Also Amiibo don't usually Edge Guard other Amiibo using special moves unless if they are coded to be able to do it (like links bow, Duck Hunt's Can/Wild Gunmen, Mario/Luigi's fireball, Dr. Mario's pills, Yoshi's Eggs, etc.) Every Amiibo also edge guards using one of their smash attacks, most commonly Forward smash.
I hope this helped!
Thank you!

So it's pretty much a normal behavior that they don't try to air dodge?
Well my Amiibo seems to sometimes go off the edge just to take me down which is really good, but I was hoping she would give it a try all the time like I do. But yeah if she doesn't try it, she does the forward smash or counter instead. Thank you for your advice!
Blue
Blue
Administrator
Posts Posts : 889

Gold Gold : 57721

Likes Likes : 98

11/27/2016, 12:00 pm
I advice for you NOT to teach her air attacks, or go offstage. Teaching her to have a more defensive playstyle will help her greatly.
Lu Lingqi
Lu Lingqi
Newbie Member

11/27/2016, 12:53 pm
Blue wrote:I advice for you NOT to teach her air attacks, or go offstage. Teaching her to have a more defensive playstyle will help her greatly.
But isn't Lucina a more aggressive playstyle character?
Blue
Blue
Administrator

11/27/2016, 2:07 pm
Lu Lingqi wrote:
Blue wrote:I advice for you NOT to teach her air attacks, or go offstage. Teaching her to have a more defensive playstyle will help her greatly.
Aggressive amiibo never do good in tourneys.
Lu Lingqi
Lu Lingqi
Newbie Member

11/27/2016, 2:34 pm
Blue wrote:
Lu Lingqi wrote:
May I ask how you trained your Amiibo?
Blue
Blue
Administrator

11/27/2016, 2:39 pm
Lu Lingqi wrote:
Blue wrote:
Lu Lingqi wrote:
May I ask how you trained your Amiibo?
All of them are anti air fighters, and defensive/evasive. You can talk to many other trainers on this app, and they'll tell you the same.
(I have four wins, so I know I'm doing something right.)
Keethkon
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 278

Gold Gold : 52324

Likes Likes : 14

11/27/2016, 4:34 pm
Here's How I trained my Lucina:
1. I used a Donkey Kong amiibo to put me and her in a 2v1 match against him.
2. I trained her to evade attacks, jab and tilt a lot in a 1v1 match against her.
3. I focused on helping her learn the 3 different types of dancing blades she had with great discipline, inspired by havok in a mirror match.
4. I let her fight some of my most consistent amiibo such as Luigi and Donkey Kong in a 1v1 match.

Lucina is not very hard to train if you know how to use her moves properly. You would have to be good with her when you do mirror matches and actually try to defeat, dodge and shield her attacks. She will learn from your good and bad habits and counter your weaknesses. 

My advice for you is to teach and show her how to use every move and then start rolling around more, so she can learn to evade attacks. In order to dodge her attacks more effectively, hold the L o R button while you roll, so you can roll into a shield. You'd have to play the taunting fish when fighting her too. If you have a Little Mac amiibo, then that would be a plus because he can help her iron out moves that have the lowest success rate of connecting attacks.
Lu Lingqi
Lu Lingqi
Newbie Member

11/28/2016, 4:23 pm
Keethkon wrote:Here's How I trained my Lucina:
1. I used a Donkey Kong amiibo to put me and her in a 2v1 match against him.
2. I trained her to evade attacks, jab and tilt a lot in a 1v1 match against her.
3. I focused on helping her learn the 3 different types of dancing blades she had with great discipline, inspired by havok in a mirror match.
4. I let her fight some of my most consistent amiibo such as Luigi and Donkey Kong in a 1v1 match.

Lucina is not very hard to train if you know how to use her moves properly. You would have to be good with her when you do mirror matches and actually try to defeat, dodge and shield her attacks. She will learn from your good and bad habits and counter your weaknesses. 

My advice for you is to teach and show her how to use every move and then start rolling around more, so she can learn to evade attacks. In order to dodge her attacks more effectively, hold the L o R button while you roll, so you can roll into a shield. You'd have to play the taunting fish when fighting her too. If you have a Little Mac amiibo, then that would be a plus because he can help her iron out moves that have the lowest success rate of connecting attacks.
Oh I will try those! One question though,

What is "Taunting fish"?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum