Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Squishy Rex
Squishy Rex
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 719

Gold Gold : 42840

Likes Likes : 28

Nintendo Is Recycling Mario Elements Empty Nintendo Is Recycling Mario Elements

5/5/2015, 2:19 am
Okay, so you'll have no doubt seen and heard all the hype with Mario fan boys wanting older Mario enemies and items to return and they haven't....or have they? Basically here's something to get you thinking, about Nintendo's Mario series and the "recycling" that does happen. So, people have always wanted things from SMB3 to make a triumphant return the most of all the original trilogy. Now most of those have not ever been see since, or at least not in the flesh you recognize. Here's a few things you may not have actually noticed, which is Nintendo recycling old favourites and giving them the return fans want, but also turning them into a whole new "thing".

- The Frog Suit: Now this is one thing that fans want, this was shown in the lead up to SM3DW with Luigi's Cat Suit, which resembled the Frog Suit as jokingly said, by the creators themselves. The hype over this was incredible, but many have not realized that the Frog Suit has been back since 2009. How is this possible? The Penguin Suit of course. It has all the traits of the Frog Suit, plus the added bonus of iceball throwing. Think about it, you walk slower, you can swim with ease and and navigate Jet Pipes without any worry. The Frog Suit did this too, it just looked different.

- Boss Bass: The chasing, chomping fish from SMB3 was feared as it meant instant death for anyone who got eaten. This was one of the strongest enemies out at the time. But he too has returned, think about these key words "chasing", "CHOMPing" and "Fish", that's right! Boss Bass was later reincarnated as "Cheep Chomp", but most people miss the connection. 

- The Kuribo's Shoe: Now this maybe a little obvious, but it returned in another form too in 3D World. The ice skate version had only mere differences and here's one thing to think about, like the original, it cannot be taken out of the level it is in. Try it on any level that features the Kuribo's Skate and you will see it is impossible to reach the Goal Pole with a Skate, or like in Mystery House Marathon, completing the challenge it features in causes it to fly off and go "poof" just like the original.

Now there's plenty more like these out there. Have a think about them next time you're off to fight Bowser and see what ones you can see have returned in a different form. Trust me, you will find many and most will be quite surprising. Have fun, good luck and post any you find or have found here.
vs
Fustic Administrator
Posts Posts : 8206

Gold Gold : 48333851

Likes Likes : 69

Nintendo Is Recycling Mario Elements Empty Re: Nintendo Is Recycling Mario Elements

5/5/2015, 5:03 am
I hope the feather returns in it's full shake-the-ground-divebomb glory one day.

Wait, didn't they say it was coming back with Mario Maker? I hope it hasn't been nerfed if it is
Squishy Rex
Squishy Rex
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 719

Gold Gold : 42840

Likes Likes : 28

Nintendo Is Recycling Mario Elements Empty Re: Nintendo Is Recycling Mario Elements

5/5/2015, 6:04 am
It is returning in Mario Maker, and judging by the latest Nintendo Direct, it will act exactly as it does in SMW, so I'm pretty excited about that.

Also, since all themes except SMB1 have a Flying P-Up, what will the SMB1 theme use? Nothing has been shown as of yet, but there has to be a SMB1 conversion of a flying P-Up because it would otherwise break the theme conversion. That and what Bowser will look like and do for the non SMB1 themes are what I'm hyped for.
Ultra mario
Ultra mario
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 185

Gold Gold : 44355

Likes Likes : 0

9/22/2015, 4:01 pm
You know, I think they should bring some of the old stuff back as well.
The Rex is a cool enemy that should be brought back. A lot of stuff from SMW should be brought back for the mario game (preferably the next mario bros game) like the jumping pirahna plants, and volcano lotus. Maybe even some SML and SML2 enemies, they were cool and interesting.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum