Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Reflet
Reflet
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 309

Gold Gold : 35905

Likes Likes : 1

Emboar Empty Emboar

12/20/2014, 6:40 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Emboar 500
110/123/65/100/65/65

Emboar is one of the gen 5 starters, and the final evolution of Tepig. Not everyone uses it since Snivy is really popular in pokemon black & white and black & white 2.
 So, apparently, Emboar CAN have it's hidden ability "reckless" and I couldn't use it because Smogon is outdated again. Anyway, here's the set.

Emboar @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash/stone edge
- Superpower/Earthquake
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge

it's a simple "252 in two stats and 4 in one" spread, but it works. Head smash is a great 150 power coverage move that can be great if you think the opponent will throw a flying type at you, but it does a lot of damage as recoil, so, you can also chose stone edge, just be aware that Head smash will have a power boost due to Reckless, and SE won't. Wild charge is also great to deal with pesky water types. Superpower and flare blitz are strong STAB moves, but you can pick earthquake instead of SP because this move lowers defense and attack. But earthquake is not that great for coverage in Emboar's case because all it could handle are steel, rock and electric types, and none of those types are actually a threat. Choice band boosts Emboar's great attack even more. I don't really recommend Life orb because that's far too reckless 4 me
Emboar can KO a LOT of things, but also be KO'd by a lot of things, like, for example, flinch Jirachi, Greninja, Talonflame, Keldeo,  Landorus and heck, even by crobat. But most of those pokemons are OU and UU, so, I recommend that you use it in RU. (eventhoughIamprobablygonnauseitinuu)

That was all, sorry for any typos and stuff.

Last edited by Robin on 12/23/2014, 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Cloud
Cloud
Founder & Administrator
Posts Posts : 2722

Gold Gold : 49009

Likes Likes : 102

Emboar Empty Re: Emboar

12/20/2014, 8:30 pm
It gets Reckless legally now, so you should put that over Blaze.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum