Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ErikMouse
ErikMouse
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 661

Gold Gold : 47458

Likes Likes : 7

http://www.erikmouse.com

CloudForums Official Minecraft Server Empty CloudForums Official Minecraft Server

9/10/2014, 9:57 pm
I just wanted to let you know that I have brought the Minecraft Server back on Spigot with the latest Spigot patch for now that supports both MC 1.8 and MC 1.7.x connectivity. Even though it is the same Minecraft Server that was on CNF, there is a bit of a problem. It appears Bukkit is falling apart with no indication yet if there are going to be further updates of it, and there is a project called Sponge that has be created by the community attempting to save Bukkit.

As for Spigot, I found that through someone mentioning it in #sponge on EsperNet, but their downloads appear to be down due to a DMCA Take Down Notice they received from Wesley Wolfe (Wolvereness). The way I was able to get Spigot, is I found the latest build of it (#1649) on a torrent somewhere with a valid MD5 Hash to ensure it wasn't screwed with, and then patched it with the latest Spigot patch.

On top of that, Mojang might be selling out to Microsoft according to an article in the NY Times, and there is a petition on change.org to petition Mojang to not sell out to Microsoft. Anyway, while the Minecraft Server appears to be running okay for the time being, I'm a bit concerned about the future of it due to what is going on over at Bukkit right now. If you can help me figure out what I should do to continue the Minecraft Server or what the next step should be, please let me know here. There is also #nextstep on EsperNet if you want to help figure out what the next step should be as well as checking out #bukkit on EsperNet. Also, if you can find out more about what is going on with Bukkit, feel free to post about it here and discuss it.
Revoblam
Revoblam
Shaq
Shaq
Posts Posts : 896

Gold Gold : 36083

Likes Likes : 9

CloudForums Official Minecraft Server Empty Re: CloudForums Official Minecraft Server

9/12/2014, 9:06 pm
oh man

THis is like a Iluminati conspiration, i mean Wolvereness Strikes the whole server comunity and gets 5 Million+ Enemys and then Microsoft pops up to Screw things even more

What the hell is going on.
Seemefly
Seemefly
Retired Staff
Posts Posts : 218

Gold Gold : 46720

Likes Likes : 4

CloudForums Official Minecraft Server Empty Re: CloudForums Official Minecraft Server

9/14/2014, 10:42 pm
Nice! I'd have to drop by sometime. As for Microsoft, it's just like Facebook who brought out Oculus Rift... These dumb big corporations needs to stop taking potential big things and getting their hands all over it.

VarXkord wrote:oh man

THis is like a Iluminati conspiration, i mean Wolvereness Strikes the whole server comunity and gets 5 Million+ Enemys and then Microsoft pops up to Screw things even more

What the hell is going on.

Wat.
DragonSoul
DragonSoul
Shadow
Shadow
Posts Posts : 4574

Gold Gold : 43035

Likes Likes : 24

9/15/2014, 5:08 pm
Minecraft could only get worse in the hands of Microsoft... not better.
ErikMouse
ErikMouse
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 661

Gold Gold : 47458

Likes Likes : 7

http://www.erikmouse.com

9/16/2014, 2:43 pm
DragonSoul wrote:Minecraft could only get worse in the hands of Microsoft... not better.
Which has me worried a bit even though Minecraft 1.8 is now out as well as the CloudForums Minecraft Server now running on Spigot to allow for 1.8 connectivity. If you want to try it out, the IP for it is 208.58.127.229 and you may recognize a lot of stuff from the CNF days that is still there.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum