Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Squishy Rex
Squishy Rex
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 719

Gold Gold : 44080

Likes Likes : 28

King Whomp (WIP) Empty King Whomp (WIP)

4/18/2013, 6:32 am
Below is the old design for King Whomp. The skinny-armed Whomp is the sprite that I edited. It was made by LSF Games. The Whimp (single-toothed) is the final version. NOW please take a look at the new version of King Whomp. I have updated nearly everyhting on it so it no loner resembles its original form by LSF Games. It is based upon the NSMB2 design in the Prima Guides. Please if you have any comments on the new King Whomp, then feel free to tell me. I may still edit it a little till I'm satisfied, but for now it looks really good compared to the older version.

Old:
Spoiler:

New King Whomp based on NSMB2 design:
Spoiler:

So if you can give me some pointers, or if anything looks, uh, bad. You know what I mean... King Whomp (WIP) 464751818

Last edited by Squishy Rex on 4/21/2013, 9:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Turnip
Turnip
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 149

Gold Gold : 43295

Likes Likes : 1

http://www.rogerkorpics.tumblr.com/

King Whomp (WIP) Empty Re: King Whomp (WIP)

4/18/2013, 9:04 am
This seems to look okay but the arms on the second whomp looks way to skinny, try fattening them up. Other then that it appears to look fine.
Squishy Rex
Squishy Rex
Mega Member

4/18/2013, 8:08 pm
Thanks Turnip for the feedback, I guess I can start on the other frames. The skinny-armed Whomp however is actually the original that I edited. I think I mentioned that in the first post, sorry if I didn't. Also I give credit to the creator of the original, being LSF Games. King Whomp (WIP) 2509337627
K-leb25
K-leb25
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 90

Gold Gold : 42275

Likes Likes : 2

4/19/2013, 2:32 am
I think I kind of like the Whomp being more square shaped. I don't think the Whomp looks good with rounded edges. It looks good with the Whimp, but not with the Whomp for some reason.
It's probably because the rectangular shape + the rounded edges doesn't mix well. Also, the way his feet are cutting off the bottom corners makes it look like only the top corners are rounded, which bugs me.

Don't take my advice word to word, it's just a nitpick. Because other than that, the sprites are perfect (well, the Whomp could be a little wider).
Squishy Rex
Squishy Rex
Mega Member

4/19/2013, 2:59 am
Well i asked for criticism, so thank you K-leb25. I am fixing the feet at the moment on King Whomp, because they are supposed to be much more square, similar to that of the Whimp's feet.

The rounded edges, yeah, I'm debating myself with them. I might do a few different versions and see which looks best, maybe return to square corners, but I guess I will wait and see how it looks once I've fixed those feet. And a little bit wider you say,hmmm... well it won't hurt to see how that looks.

Finally the Whimp is nearly complete, one version replaces a Thwomp, the other replaces a Mega Mole so you can use it as a platform.
K-leb25
K-leb25
Standard Member

4/19/2013, 3:08 am
So what NPC will the King Whomp replace?
Squishy Rex
Squishy Rex
Mega Member

4/19/2013, 3:11 am
I'm making it replace SMB3 Bowser, so it will slam face down like a Whomp, but also break those special blocks. If you like I can send you a Beta when I finish one, since you seem interested. King Whomp (WIP) 2509337627
Squishy Rex
Squishy Rex
Mega Member

4/21/2013, 8:49 am
UPDATE! Check out the new version of King Whomp. This is the final design, so please feel free to have a nitpick! King Whomp (WIP) 2509337627
K-leb25
K-leb25
Standard Member

4/21/2013, 4:35 pm
I like the new design! Although unfortunately, I still seem to have nits to pick. Its size, the new eyes, the new face and the corners are all great, but I kind of liked the way the feet were before, as they were more apart. And the detail of the old one (the different coloured spots that were peppered across its face) added...well, detail to it. Much better though! Keep it up!
Shade

Posts Posts : 352

Gold Gold : 43580

Likes Likes : 1

4/21/2013, 7:22 pm
Maybe to satisfy your needs, Squishy Rex can make a version of the old one and the new one, that way users can have both versions. What do you say Squishy Rex? ;)
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum