Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official SMBX Community Challenge Contest!

+20
shinbison
atomic toad
Yoshiboo62
FireLink
bossedit8
Silentkirby =)
RFan
LordShivos
Mudkip
Arceus
Turnip
Vinyl
Minomutchi
DarkYoshi
CosmicX3
Metalhead
Squishy Rex
Absol
Kazzoo
Cloud
24 posters
Go down

Who should judge SMBX Community Level Contest 2?

2 - 8%
6 - 25%
3 - 13%
9 - 38%
2 - 8%
1 - 4%
1 - 4%

Total Votes: 24

Poll closed
Cloud
Cloud
Founder & Administrator
Posts Posts : 2722

Gold Gold : 49009

Likes Likes : 102

The Official SMBX Community Challenge Contest! Empty The Official SMBX Community Challenge Contest!

2/15/2013, 7:41 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
The SMBX Community Challenge Contest!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
That's right - The Super Mario Bros. X Community Level Contest has returned as the SMBX Community Challenge Contest, with an exciting new twist. "Why a new one?", you ask? Well, because the last contest was a train wreck, to be honest. I let the community choose the winner, not a set of judges. The new system that will be used in this contest may sound stupid, but this way we won't get biased results. For example, last contest, rahr480's level received the most votes because he is quite well-known around the forum. This time, we'll have a team of five judges, who YOU get to vote for, will judge all of your levels. And even if you're a judge, you can still make a level! I've added a poll to the topic to see who the community wants as a judge. If your name is up there, and you don't want to be a judge, and you win, you can give the judge position to someone else who is willing to be a judge. Below are the rules of the contest - if you don't read them, you will absolutely score horribly in the contest, so read them very carefully.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Rules
This contest is very different from other contests - this one has an exciting new twist that will challenge level creators of all kinds! Below is a list of rules for the contest. If you don't follow them, you'll either be disqualified or scored horribly, so pay attention!

Rule No. 01: No SMB3 or SMW. Yeah, you read that right. You cannot use any default graphics, backgrounds, or music (Not including the player). You can only use SMB1, SMB2, TLoZ, Metroid Graphics, and custom graphics. If the custom graphics are SMB3 or SMW styled, that's fine. But no recolors of pre-installed SMBX tileset!

Rule No. 02: Don't give out any details of your level, for your own sake. If you give out details of your level, such as "my level is in a castle and there's a boss", someone could steal your idea and do it even better than you! To avoid this, don't tell anyone about your level and don't ask for ideas!

Rule No. 03: Turn your level in on-time. If you join the contest and never submit your level, there will be trouble. This includes being penalized in the SMBX Community Level Contest 3. Plus, you won't have a chance to win the prizes listed below!
Prizes:
1st Place Winner: Custom Rank of Choice, 150 Y-Coins, and an advantage in the next SMBX Community Level Contest!

2nd Place Winner: 75 Y-Coins!
To participate in this contest, post here or PM me. When your level is ready, PM it to me or another judge! Again, if your level isn't submitted in time, which you have plenty of, there will be trouble.
Participating Users
Spoiler:
OK, everyone! You've read everything you need to know about the contest. Get your levels in by March 25! Vote on who you want to judge levels, and the poll ends on...February 28th! Post here to join! Good luck, everyone!

Last edited by Cloud on 5/2/2013, 4:08 pm; edited 24 times in total (Reason for editing : Added/removed participants.)
Kazzoo
Kazzoo
Carlos Rank
Carlos Rank
Posts Posts : 2699

Gold Gold : 47000

Likes Likes : 27

http://patatoe-works.tumblr.com/

The Official SMBX Community Challenge Contest! Empty Re: The Official SMBX Community Challenge Contest!

2/15/2013, 7:47 pm
Yeah! Party! Let's do this!
Absol
Absol
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 27

Gold Gold : 48380

Likes Likes : 6

The Official SMBX Community Challenge Contest! Empty Re: The Official SMBX Community Challenge Contest!

2/15/2013, 10:17 pm
I want Jay Yoshi to JUDGE
Cloud
Cloud
Founder & Administrator

2/15/2013, 10:29 pm
OrangeNavi wrote:I want Jay Yoshi to JUDGE

Jayoshi is no longer active, so he won't be doing that. Anyway, it seems as if DarkYoshi will be a judge, so I'll ask him if he would like to do that.
Squishy Rex
Squishy Rex
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 719

Gold Gold : 42840

Likes Likes : 28

2/15/2013, 10:40 pm
I'm in, I'll start a level straight away. I've got something planned.
Cloud
Cloud
Founder & Administrator

2/15/2013, 10:43 pm
All right! Added.
Metalhead
3rd Place Champion
Posts Posts : 627

Gold Gold : 41640

Likes Likes : 4

2/15/2013, 11:05 pm
Guess,Ill Join This Loverly Contest!
CosmicX3
CosmicX3
Fluttershy
Fluttershy
Posts Posts : 258

Gold Gold : 45040

Likes Likes : 14

2/15/2013, 11:09 pm
Oh! Good.. Im joining the Contest..
I have to make my level Good and Cool =3

Greetings
Cloud
Cloud
Founder & Administrator

2/15/2013, 11:15 pm
Nice! 5 contestants in one day! Keep on joining, guys!
Cloud
Cloud
Founder & Administrator

2/16/2013, 2:17 pm
DarkYoshi is now officially a judge!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum