Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BOAT 5 is here!

+6
DONkLE
LittleFang
Arklaine
Fulminix
MarioLuigiFans
Blakers
10 posters
Go down
Blakers
Blakers
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 514

Gold Gold : 45843

Likes Likes : 58

BOAT 5 is here! - Page 3 Empty BOAT 5 is here!

4/9/2017, 10:56 am
First topic message reminder :

I'm on Spring Break, which means I've got a ton of free time! So I'd like to host a tournament! And for this one, there isn't much of a twist, except that it's going to be on a bunch of stages! Every single game will be randomized from the following stages:
Battlefield
Lylat Cruise
Dream Land 64
Kongo Jungle 64
Smashville
Town and City
Halberd
Midgar
Duck Hunt
Pokémon Stadium 2

Other then that, the rules are simple: best 2/3, each person can enter two amiibo, no Little Mac or hacked stats, and you can't enter more than one S or A tier. It's a Double Elimination tournament, and I'd like all entries in by Tuesday at 9:00 PM EST. Send them to nintendoblakers@gmail.com! Oh, and since you all know I don't have Twitter, please help me out and advertise this on there! Thanks, and I hope to see all of you in the bracket!

Oh, and no EPS or crits.

Last edited by Blakers on 4/9/2017, 11:56 am; edited 2 times in total

Blakers
Blakers
Mega Member

BOAT 5 is here! - Page 3 Empty Re: BOAT 5 is here!

4/12/2017, 9:18 am
Match 1 (Dr.Cowboy vs Mr.Alien)

Game 1 (Lylat Cruise): Mr.Alien (1-0)
Game 2 (Town and City): Mr.Alien (1-0)
Blue
Blue
Administrator
Posts Posts : 889

Gold Gold : 56471

Likes Likes : 98

4/12/2017, 9:19 am
Knowing we debunked Mr. Alien is just MLF with another name, shouldn't have he been DQed?
Blakers
Blakers
Mega Member

4/12/2017, 9:30 am
Match 2 (Syndrome vs KAMIKAZE!)

Game 1 (Smashville): KAMIKAZE! (1-0)
Game 2 (Pokémon Stadium 2): KAMIKAZE! (2-0)
MarioLuigiFans
MarioLuigiFans
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 350

Gold Gold : 35978

Likes Likes : 18

4/12/2017, 9:41 am
Blakers wrote:OK, bracket is at http://challonge.com/amiiboboat5 , let's get this show on the road! (And no, I'm not entering this time.)
GL everybody
Blakers
Blakers
Mega Member

4/12/2017, 10:01 am
So it looks like I'm going to have to sort this out. MarioLuigiFans, you have been accused of cheating by creating multiple aliases to enter your amiibo under. First, I would like to question why all of the characters you submitted have the exact same Mii as their owner.BOAT 5 is here! - Page 3 Img_0112
BOAT 5 is here! - Page 3 Img_0110
BOAT 5 is here! - Page 3 Img_0111
BOAT 5 is here! - Page 3 Img_0113
They also all have the exact same bonuses, with the exception of Falco. Yes, I know DK has crits, but you asked me to change that bonus (on Mr. Alien's amiibo, mind you) to Improved Escapability. Last night, I noticed that whenever Mr. Alien battled, you commentated on it and overall, treated it like it was your own match. Other anonymous sources have said that you claimed to have recently acquired a Luigi amiibo, and that you were training it yourself. Since Mr. Alien apparently used your PowerSaves to enter the tournament, I'd like to know why he only started doing it after you obtained your Luigi amiibo. If I remember correctly, you've been doing this for over a year. So it doesn't make a lot of sense that Mr. Alien would only start entering now. But what really confuses me is why nobody has ever seen him anywhere. It's odd that he has no way of contacting any of us, is it not? And you said that he was your "friend" so it's safe to assume that he doesn't live with you. So with your Mii being his amiibo's owner, you are implying that he did ALL of his training at your house? That's just not feasible.

So, here's what I'm going to do. Since I've heard that you tend to disappear when confronted, I'm going to give you until 11:30 EST to reply and try to defend yourself. If you don't, every amiibo that you emailed me will be disqualified. If you admit to cheating, Mr. Alien and Captain Wolf will be disqualified, but your amiibo will still be in the tournament. If anyone else has a better idea, I'm all ears, but for now this is what I'm sticking with.
MarioLuigiFans
MarioLuigiFans
Standard Member

4/12/2017, 10:09 am
Blakers wrote:So it looks like I'm going to have to sort this out. MarioLuigiFans, you have been accused of cheating by creating multiple aliases to enter your amiibo under. First, I would like to question why all of the characters you submitted have the exact same Mii as their owner.BOAT 5 is here! - Page 3 Img_0112
BOAT 5 is here! - Page 3 Img_0110
BOAT 5 is here! - Page 3 Img_0111
BOAT 5 is here! - Page 3 Img_0113
They also all have the exact same bonuses, with the exception of Falco. Yes, I know DK has crits, but you asked me to change that bonus (on Mr. Alien's amiibo, mind you) to Improved Escapability. Last night, I noticed that whenever Mr. Alien battled, you commentated on it and overall, treated it like it was your own match. Other anonymous sources have said that you claimed to have recently acquired a Luigi amiibo, and that you were training it yourself. Since Mr. Alien apparently used your PowerSaves to enter the tournament, I'd like to know why he only started doing it after you obtained your Luigi amiibo. If I remember correctly, you've been doing this for over a year. So it doesn't make a lot of sense that Mr. Alien would only start entering now. But what really confuses me is why nobody has ever seen him anywhere. It's odd that he has no way of contacting any of us, is it not? And you said that he was your "friend" so it's safe to assume that he doesn't live with you. So with your Mii being his amiibo's owner, you are implying that he did ALL of his training at your house? That's just not feasible.

So, here's what I'm going to do. Since I've heard that you tend to disappear when confronted, I'm going to give you until 11:30 EST to reply and try to defend yourself. If you don't, every amiibo that you emailed me will be disqualified. If you admit to cheating, Mr. Alien and Captain Wolf will be disqualified, but your amiibo will still be in the tournament. If anyone else has a better idea, I'm all ears, but for now this is what I'm sticking with.
I am not cheating. Im letting them use my Amiibos to enter
Blakers
Blakers
Mega Member

4/12/2017, 10:16 am
So you are confirming that all of those amiibo were trained by you?
MarioLuigiFans
MarioLuigiFans
Standard Member

4/12/2017, 10:26 am
Well, those were trained with them
Blakers
Blakers
Mega Member

4/12/2017, 10:29 am
Match 3 (Pill Cosby vs Tad) I'm sorry Hihahaba I promise this was randomized

Game 1 (Lylat Cruise): Pill Cosby (1-0)
Game 2 (Battlefield): Pill Cosby (1-0) Yep... Tad got caped during PK Freeze
Blakers
Blakers
Mega Member

4/12/2017, 10:32 am
Well, that's still kinda dishonest. Tell you what - I'm going DQ Donkey Kong and one other, you tell me who it should be.
Sponsored content