Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
xVantonage
xVantonage
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 88

Gold Gold : 29392

Likes Likes : 2

How to host a tournament Empty How to host a tournament

3/11/2017, 9:12 pm
Hey guys,

I just got a powersave and was interested in possibly hosting a tournament, however I'm not too sure on what else I'd need to do such a task.

So if any of you could point me along the right path, I'd really appreciate it.

Edit:
Did some research and found that a vital part to this process wasn't included with the actual powersave SO I'll have to put this on hold till I get a powertag to work with the powersave.

Thank you all for your amazing advice, and I'll try getting a tournament going when I can.

Last edited by xVantonage on 3/11/2017, 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Keethkon
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 278

Gold Gold : 50894

Likes Likes : 14

How to host a tournament Empty Re: How to host a tournament

3/11/2017, 10:35 pm
5 Steps to Host a tournament:
1. Make an announcement with a cool name.
2. Set the rules and be very specific.
3. Get a separate email to just receive amiibo bin files.
4. Organize/Rename the amiibo that you receive from other trainers.
5. Make the Brackets using Challonge.com.

Last edited by Keethkon on 3/11/2017, 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nickural
Nickural
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 388

Gold Gold : 34638

Likes Likes : 43

3/11/2017, 10:40 pm
If your Powersave has something called a powertag that comes with it, then that and an email is all you need

A powertag is basically an amiibo itself, but you can put any amiibo that you want it to be on there, like Mario or Luigi, Marth, etc.

Basically have your rules for the tournament then make sure you include an email, it can be the one you use for everything or one specifically for receiving amiibo.

If you don't have a powertag, then you cant host a tournament.

But remember to download the software first as usual then press powertag, you should be able to find the .bins (on windows 7 atleast) through Hard drive then your user, Then a folder that is powersaves for amiibo, that is where all of your .bins will be and need to be in order to use them.

I'm sorry for the long explanation, but if you have any questions then ask away.
xVantonage
xVantonage
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 88

Gold Gold : 29392

Likes Likes : 2

3/11/2017, 10:51 pm
Nickural wrote:If your Powersave has something called a powertag that comes with it, then that and an email is all you need

A powertag is basically an amiibo itself, but you can put any amiibo that you want it to be on there, like Mario or Luigi, Marth, etc.

Basically have your rules for the tournament then make sure you include an email, it can be the one you use for everything or one specifically for receiving amiibo.

If you don't have a powertag, then you cant host a tournament.

But remember to download the software first as usual then press powertag, you should be able to find the .bins (on windows 7 atleast) through Hard drive then your user, Then a folder that is powersaves for amiibo, that is where all of your .bins will be and need to be in order to use them.

I'm sorry for the long explanation, but if you have any questions then ask away.
This is actually the information I needed, thank you.

and yes, I have noticed a setting called powertag while using it however the option always seems disabled, would the powertag require some other piece of software outside of default download, or am I just accessing the function the wrong way?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum