Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
staypuft
staypuft
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 25

Gold Gold : 29518

Likes Likes : 8

Villager Build Empty Villager Build

8/23/2016, 3:29 pm
So my current project is Vendetta, my Villager amiibo (alt costume is the Pink female one). I'm gonna go through my current thought process for her and I'd appreciate some feedback.

So my first thought was to make her hard to kill by stacking on defense (high defense+good recovery=good, right?). Only problem was that she then lacked damage - so I fixed it by deciding to make her build 100/120/-100; my reasoning behind it was to make her hard to kill, and I figured that since Villager's default Balloon Trip was so good, hindering her jumping capabilities wouldn't matter too much.
I then gave her Easy Perfect Shield, Health-Restoring Shield, and Mirror Shield - basically rewarding her greatly for shielding (recover health AND deal damage). This worked decently since she was so slow, so shielding incoming attacks would be a better option than being offensive herself.
Her moveset is Pocket, Pushy Lloid, Balloon Trip, and Timber Counter - Pushy Lloid is good cause it... pushes people away, and my thought process here is that anything that can push a Little Mac away is a good enough reason to use it. Timber Counter is good cause Villager's AI does not enjoy actually watering the sapling - so having the sapling be useful (trip opponents) is amazing, especially since I've seen opposing amiibos get tripped up multiple times on the sapling, which allows for follow-ups from Villager. Default pocket and balloon trip are there cause I dont really like the other options for neutral special, and the amiibo would keep over-shooting the ledge with the other two up specials for whatever reason.

This setup worked pretty decently overall, though I began to notice that maybe she was a bit TOO slow. I had her fight my Sheik and it was honestly hilarious how Villager basically stood in the same spots for most of the match whereas Sheik was all over the place, due to the speed differences.

I decided that I would try something different, though I haven't implemented it yet (since I don't have powersaves I need to think over more carefully when I change equipment, since I either need to grind for it or use up my limited supply), and I wanted your guys' thoughts on it.

I want to change her setup to either 40/70/10 or some variation of it (like 50/60/10 or maybe 60/60/0); this would improve all areas at least somewhat, including speed - again I don't feel speed is really a necessity on Villager since Villager has pretty average speed already and doesn't need help with recovery, but having a negative number really isn't the best I feel.

I'd also like to try the "lame setup", replacing the shield bonuses with improved escapability and improved dodge ability, sort of changing the set from "being hard to kill and rewarding shields" to "being an annoying arse cause you can't hit her", which I feel goes better with a speedier build (which 40/70/10 would be).

What are your guys' thoughts?
Blue
Blue
Administrator
Posts Posts : 889

Gold Gold : 56471

Likes Likes : 98

Villager Build Empty Re: Villager Build

8/24/2016, 3:13 pm
I've heard she works good with negative speed, I would try 100/100/-80. As Bonus effects, make sure she has Improved Escape.
staypuft
staypuft
Standard Member

8/24/2016, 9:38 pm
Thanks for the suggestion, I think I'll try that before going for 40/70/10
Havok
Havok
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 135

Gold Gold : 32441

Likes Likes : 36

8/26/2016, 8:17 am
I've been running 40/70/10 with Explosive Perfect/Mirror Shield/AutoHeal on my Villager.  She's had a couple of decent showings, but nothing spectacular.  Pocket/Pushy Lloyd/Explosive Balloon Trip/Timber Counter are the moves I have on her too.

She still ranks pretty solidly among my pantheon of amiibo, but I haven't had an opportunity to enter her in a tournament lately.
staypuft
staypuft
Standard Member

8/26/2016, 11:45 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
I'll give an update:

She currently has 100/100/-80, and has the stats of Improved Launch Ability, Auto-Heal Capability, and Improved Escape.

This is currently the most successful setup I have on her, and I'll give my reasonings for the stats here:

Improved Escape is there because... it's good. When Villager whiffs grabs and gets counter-grabbed, she's basically safe. Luckily my Villager has been throwing out less grabs overall anyway.

Improved Launch Ability (Moon Launcher) is actually pretty useful. Up Smash gains greater knockback, meaning that when Villager lands one after an up smash, it's more potent. It also adds more kill power to her tilts (Down and Up tilts), which are respectable kill moves at higher percents anyway. I'm not sure at what upward angles moon launcher activates on, but if its all upward angles then back throw also gains increased knockback since its a slight upward angle.

Auto Heal is pretty good; it gives a constant heal that allows Villager to last - this is useful since Villager generally needs higher percents to land KOs (unless she gets lucky with a bowling ball off-stage, which I've only seen her land once against another amiibo... she needs to stand closer to the ledge, dangit!)

All things considered, this will probably be the setup for now, though when I get critical hit capability I maaaay put it on her but I generally don't like putting that on my amiibo anymore.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum