Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
GameMasta97
GameMasta97
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 534

Gold Gold : 39647

Likes Likes : 20

What I need for .bin files Empty What I need for .bin files

8/16/2016, 5:34 pm
Sooo.....I'm wondering......is the $20 Powersaves all I need to make/send amiibo to Cloud and others, or is there something else I need?
Arklaine
Arklaine
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 573

Gold Gold : 41592

Likes Likes : 95

What I need for .bin files Empty Re: What I need for .bin files

8/16/2016, 5:42 pm
Some PowerSaves Packs come with a Power Tag, which lets you access other trainer's bin files and have them fight against your own. It doesn't come with every PowerSaves, so keep an eye out for it!
GameMasta97
GameMasta97
Mega Member

8/16/2016, 5:44 pm
Sooo....powersaves is like a profile without an nnid, thus having everything unable to be sent online, but a power TAG gives me an nnid....it's like that, isn't it?
Arklaine
Arklaine
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 573

Gold Gold : 41592

Likes Likes : 95

8/16/2016, 6:34 pm
Sans wrote:Sooo....powersaves is like a profile without an nnid, thus having everything unable to be sent online, but a power TAG gives me an nnid....it's like that, isn't it?
The PowerSaves is how you edit and create bin files to send to tournaments, and the Power Tag is like an add-on that lets you use other people's bin files for your own purposes. So no, it's not like an NNID.
GameMasta97
GameMasta97
Mega Member

8/16/2016, 7:08 pm
Unoriginal Username wrote:The PowerSaves is how you edit and create bin files to send to tournaments.
That's what I meant, so I'm good!
RC
RC
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 418

Gold Gold : 32008

Likes Likes : 37

8/16/2016, 7:17 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
The Powersaves device itself can:
- Save Multiple instances of one amiibo and restore them at will.
- Transferring the data of amiibo to other people.
- Edit the stats of an amiibo (Even 200/200/200, but those aren't allowed in tournaments)
- Edit the bonus effects of an amiibo, nullifying feeding.
- Give plenty of loot to an amiibo, negating farming.

I cannot exactly state the total functionality of a Power Tag, as my Powersaves did not come with one and I had none with it locally.
The Power tag, I believe serves as a blank NFC chip. Essentially, you can put the .bin file of any amiibo and then use it as a regular amiibo. Aside from using the data belonging to other users or using data of amiibo you don't own, perhaps it's not entirely necessary.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum