Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Mac Balanced

+5
Blue
RC
PillowOfBricks
GameMasta97
Nickural
9 posters
Go down
Nickural
Nickural
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 388

Gold Gold : 34818

Likes Likes : 43

Little Mac Balanced Empty Little Mac Balanced

8/15/2016, 5:14 pm
I'm thinking that instead of just banning little mac we could have him, with rather restrictions. Like that famous overloaded setup used on him, ban that and ban critical hit on little mac.
Now, sure I haven't experimented enough since I do not own an Little Mac myself but i'm just trying to lay the foundation for people who likes that character when he is not overpowered and wants him to win somewhat fairly (or something like that because the amiibo metagame isn't balanced)
So, here's what i'm thinking:
make it to where he cannot have an attack stat above 60
He cannot have critical hitter OR he cannot have improved escapablility, he has one of the two so that amiibo can either A. not worry about critical hitter or B. amiibo can throw him which makes it easier to kill him
This way he doesn't break shields left and right and other amiibo has an chance against him.

Feel free to add anything to it, or just some feedback.
GameMasta97
GameMasta97
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 534

Gold Gold : 39647

Likes Likes : 20

Little Mac Balanced Empty Re: Little Mac Balanced

8/15/2016, 7:29 pm
Leave him vanilla, with the exception of ONE of the RPS bonuses, he can either have Crit Hit, Imp Esc, or Exp. Shield.  THAT'S IT! He can have others, but ONLY ONE OF THOSE
PillowOfBricks
PillowOfBricks
Newbie Member
Posts Posts : 16

Gold Gold : 30565

Likes Likes : 3

8/15/2016, 8:10 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
To be honest, I think banning him would be the best decision. Even with a restriction, it would be unfair for Little Mac.
RC
RC
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 418

Gold Gold : 32008

Likes Likes : 37

8/15/2016, 9:11 pm
Although it's unfortunate that the general consensus is that Little Mac should be banned from the fed metagame, it's one I must approve of myself.

Simply put, the optimal use of the Amiibo's AI capabilities is a grounded defensive one, which is why a grounded amiibo beats an aerial one.

A grounded defense & Punish playstyle isn't meant for every character in the roster. Jigglypuff's a character whose aerial moves are the highlight of their capabilities, yet even they should stay on the ground.

When we try this playstyle for our amiibo, we're trying to make our amiibo Little Mac. Mac's on the ground, never goes in the air, plays defensive and then counterattacks with a powerful move.

Banning Little Mac seems like a good choice, as it is the ideal character in terms of his AI and his capabilities. Strong grounded moveset we focus on, weak aerial moves we'll never see.
Essentially, we're training amiibo that aren't Little Mac as though they were.
Blue
Blue
Administrator
Posts Posts : 889

Gold Gold : 56471

Likes Likes : 98

8/16/2016, 5:05 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Unoriginal Username tried allowing Mac by making it so he can't have 80+ attack. So in the tourney he allowed Mac in, there was one Mac, 80 attack, no EPS, and it won.
Banning him is the best choice.
GameMasta97
GameMasta97
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 534

Gold Gold : 39647

Likes Likes : 20

8/16/2016, 5:25 pm
like I said above, maybe he should be allowed in, but ONLY if they are Vanilla with NO bonuses
Yung Puff
Yung Puff
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 25

Gold Gold : 35376

Likes Likes : 2

8/16/2016, 9:20 pm
Little mac shouldnt be vanilla. He should still have equipment, but i feel critical hits should be removed from him. He should be limited to 40 points in attack so he can still be able to run some popular spreads like 40/40/40 and 40/70/10.
KahunaLagoona
KahunaLagoona
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 35

Gold Gold : 34498

Likes Likes : 0

8/18/2016, 9:20 pm
I'm usually the one who never wants to ban a character, but Mac IS the exception.

I have three Mac Setups - Two overloads and a 40/40/40. None of those are viable in regards to what is discussed here because Critical Hit/Improved Escape are on each. But since Dan doesn't ban Mac, just EPS, I'm going to take what I can get and throw Mac in at least one more time.
ibroussard
ibroussard
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 25

Gold Gold : 29412

Likes Likes : 7

http://www.transyltown.com

8/19/2016, 3:04 pm
Attempting to set stat limits or making certain power up unusable by specific characters sets a bad precedent to the meta. It's not the stats or abilities on Little Mac that are a problem. Little Mac is the problem, and until grounded play (which inherently puts Little Mac above all others) is no longer the most (only) optimal play style Little Mac should be banned.
Blue
Blue
Administrator
Posts Posts : 889

Gold Gold : 56471

Likes Likes : 98

8/19/2016, 9:38 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
KahunaLagoona wrote:I'm usually the one who never wants to ban a character, but Mac IS the exception.

I have three Mac Setups - Two overloads and a 40/40/40. None of those are viable in regards to what is discussed here because Critical Hit/Improved Escape are on each. But since Dan doesn't ban Mac, just EPS, I'm going to take what I can get and throw Mac in at least one more time.
I can't believe you entered Mac! Our goal is to prevent him from winning.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum