Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Blue
Blue
Administrator
Posts Posts : 889

Gold Gold : 56471

Likes Likes : 98

Possible Tier List Updates Empty Possible Tier List Updates

7/12/2016, 9:02 pm
https://amiibodojo.com/tierlist/
So I've been thinking about the Amiibo Tier List some, and I would like to share my thoughts on amiibo that should get a tier buff.
I'll say the name of each amiibo I think should get a buff, and provide what tier I think they should be on right beside. After that, I'll provide some brief reasons why I think they need to be changed.
Ryu-A
Duck Hunt-B
Sheik-B
Donkey Kong-C
Yoshi-C
Falco-B
Palutena-B
Olimar-B
Toon Link-B
Peach-B
Zelda-B

Amiibo that aren't good enough for C, but aren't D worthy:
Roy
Villager

Now for some brief reasons on some of my buff ideas.
Ryu- Really strong AI, he has some minor flaws, but none that hold him back from A tier.
Duck Hunt- He's got good projectiles, smash attacks that are not effected by EPS, and overall solid AI.

Sheik- While I may be biased with this one, she's got really good potential, but she does have an AI flaw where she struggles to kill sometimes.

Toon Link- Like Link, just a little bit weaker.

Donkey Kong- He's not unteachable like most say, while he can be a bit bouncy sometimes, he's got some good things going for him, like for example, even if the opponent has Improved Escape, DK can still throw them, and the combo into them.

Yoshi- While he is kind of weak, he's not D tier at all.

Palutena,Peach, Zelda, and Falco- These amiibo are just simply strong, they all have flaws that keep them from A, but they're no means C tier worthy.

Olimar- Sure he can be a little stupid with his Pikmin plucking sometime, he's got great potential, both TMac, and NMac have proven that in tourneys before.

Be sure to share your thoughts!
Elishima
Elishima
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 344

Gold Gold : 54378

Likes Likes : 16

Possible Tier List Updates Empty Re: Possible Tier List Updates

7/12/2016, 9:16 pm
Hmmmmmmmm.

I think the problem that keeps Ryu from being anything more than B tier is that his moves are easy to perfect shield and being easy to punish afterwards. Especially in a RPS metagame, it really hurts him.

Duck Hunt is for sure, at least B. Definitely agree with that.

Same with Sheik, you really can't say no to that frame data.

Yoshi needs to stay D. He just really doesn't have much going for him in my opinion.

Toon Link is definitely C. At least, until he gets some results. 

Palutena has the results to move up to B, but I feel she's ok at C right now.

Same with Olimar.

Peach and Falco are both good, but they really lack good (or really, ANY) results to support a tier rise. Peach especially.

Zelda has the potential to be really good, but no one has really invested the time in her to see anything through, progress wise.

Donkey Kong definitely deserves C at the very least. Completely ignoring Improved Escape is so much bigger than people realize.

Whelp, that's my thoughts.
Blue
Blue
Administrator
Posts Posts : 889

Gold Gold : 56471

Likes Likes : 98

7/12/2016, 9:21 pm
Elishima wrote:Hmmmmmmmm.

I think the problem that keeps Ryu from being anything more than B tier is that his moves are easy to perfect shield and being easy to punish afterwards. Especially in a RPS metagame, it really hurts him.

Yoshi needs to stay D. He just really doesn't have much going for him in my opinion.

Same with Olimar.

Peach and Falco are both good, but they really lack good (or really, ANY) results to support a tier rise. Peach especially.

Zelda has the potential to be really good, but no one has really invested the time in her to see anything through, progress wise.

Donkey Kong definitely deserves C at the very least. Completely ignoring Improved Escape is so much bigger than people realize.

I do agree with you on Ryu.
GreninjaNerfer
GreninjaNerfer
Newbie Member
Posts Posts : 16

Gold Gold : 30237

Likes Likes : 1

7/12/2016, 10:14 pm

Same with Olimar.

I think Donkey Kong deserves a rise in the tier list. He can go much higher with Spinning Kong or whatever his 2nd Up B is called, and he just boasts a lot of kill power.
Why do you think Improved Escapability is such a hindrance? The Ding Dong isn't the only way of killing and racking up damage...
Nickural
Nickural
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 388

Gold Gold : 34818

Likes Likes : 43

7/13/2016, 3:00 am
definitely support your opinion with duck hunt, but not only can him/her not get him/her using smash attacks without getting hit by EPS but the forward smash can break smaller amiibo's shields which gives him/her an advantage, there is a downside to this, you know duck hunts smash attacks extend range when charged, well sometimes when an another amiibo's shield is broken sometimes him/her will miss the attack due to that gimmick, thus not punishing the other character.

as for the olimar mine is using pikmin pluck perfectly since i started training him, so I don't see why other people are having a problem.

I also agree about villager, mine wins most battles when he used to be in the coin army(yes I pay attention to that) and I am currently experimenting something right now with him.

also in my coin army is a yoshi which sadly loses the most due to him using up b (even though he has the high jump custom) and he has somewhat of a terrible grab not counting his neutral special. although, yoshi's shield is different than the rest of the cast, his shield doesn't get smaller but instead gets darker. despite the ai flaws and losing the most in my coin army this mechanic with his shield alone could raise him from being d-tier to c-tier.

this is my opinion and what i have noticed.
Elishima
Elishima
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 344

Gold Gold : 54378

Likes Likes : 16

7/13/2016, 8:42 am
GreninjaNerfer wrote:

Same with Olimar.

I think Donkey Kong deserves a rise in the tier list. He can go much higher with Spinning Kong or whatever his 2nd Up B is called, and he just boasts a lot of kill power.
Why do you think Improved Escapability is such a hindrance? The Ding Dong isn't the only way of killing and racking up damage...

Improved Escapability is so huge right now because it completely stuffs any character that primarily has to use grabs to wrack up damage. Like Kirby, or Mega Man. Both of those characters really stink in this meta because of Improved Escapability alone. Olimar too, he's probably the most affected by it because of his weird grab properties. He can't even get a pummel in, unlike everyone else, who can at least manage one. They can escape mid grab before Olimar can even think about pummeling.

Then you have Donkey Kong, who breaks that rule and can grab all he wants. Considering Donkey Kong's best damaging options are there (and having a potential kill confirm from Ding Dong), it's really no question why he has the best grab game in this meta right now. However, he doesn't really pull off his Cargo combos consistently enough to get a tier rise to other than C. He packs a massive punch (literally), sure, but if he can't land anything, what's the point?

Why?

I don't know if you have a DK, but in case you don't, here's why I believe he's bad otherwise.

- All smash attacks either have bad hitboxes or are easily dodgeable/blocked.
- Double jump may potentially kill him if he doesn't snap the ledge soon enough. (It's like a 2/5 chance from my experience, but it depends on what stats you give him.)
- Donkey Kong will randomly use Giant Punch unless he's given very strict training not to.
- Same with forward air.
- He also has poor usage of aerials, especially back air.
- Rolling can potentially get him killed by lingering smash attacks.
- Stupid in general.
- amiibo can't comprehend his awkward hitboxes, and thus, his hit rate compared to other heavyweights is much lower than normal.

That's just my two cents on it.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum