Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Manfred von Karma
Manfred von Karma
Zerospace
Zerospace
Posts Posts : 387

Gold Gold : 40540

Likes Likes : 3

The NES Bros! Empty The NES Bros!

2/3/2014, 9:22 pm
Ok, so this is one of my latest projects (yes "one of"), and it takes place Completely mostly in NES Style. Each world is relatively short, consisting of 3 levels each (since I don't like making big projects). The worlds are:
"An Adventure Begins" (SMB)
"Subcon Dreamland" (SMB2)
"Nostalgia Lane" (SMB3)
"Back to the beginning" (SMB)
"Not Such A-Subcon Dreamland" (SMB2)
"Onward, to more Nostalgia!" (SMB3)
"NES Wonderland" (All 3)
Bonus World: "And you though NES was good" (SMW).
Also, the story...it's odd.
"One day, everyone in the Mushroom Kingdom was having a good time. But a single Toad saw Bowser in an alley, messing with an odd device. The Toad ran to Bowser, but the Koopa King saw him, and used the device on the Toad. The Toad was turned into bits! (NES) The Toad, feeling weaker, barely escaped and made it to Mario. Mario noticing the Toad's odd appearance, asked what was wrong. The Toad said Bowser hit him with a strange device. Mario, knowing Bowser was up to no good, ran to the place the Toad mentioned. But Bowser wasn't there! He was in an Airship, announcing to the Mushroom Kingdom, "Soon, I shall be the strongest being in this universe!!" Bowser pressed the button, and everything but him was NES-ified! Everyone in the Mushroom Kingdom was weaker now, and Bowser began his conquest. Mario was up and ready to fight, so onward he went!"
Long story XD. Anyway, here are the screens.

SONICTEAM
SONICTEAM
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 105

Gold Gold : 40319

Likes Likes : 0

The NES Bros! Empty Re: The NES Bros!

2/3/2014, 9:41 pm
This looks interesting  :0 You need any beta testers?  :D
Manfred von Karma
Manfred von Karma
Zerospace
Zerospace
Posts Posts : 387

Gold Gold : 40540

Likes Likes : 3

2/3/2014, 9:50 pm
Umm....maybe....I do test the levels myself, so I don't figure I will. But I'll tell you if I do :)
Cloud
Cloud
Founder & Administrator
Posts Posts : 2722

Gold Gold : 48919

Likes Likes : 102

2/4/2014, 11:32 am
Normally I'd say that you need more background objects, but NES styled levels don't seem to need as many as SNES do. Good luck on this.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum