Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
CosmicX3
CosmicX3
Fluttershy
Fluttershy
Posts Posts : 258

Gold Gold : 44990

Likes Likes : 14

Dry Fortress Empty Dry Fortress

3/2/2013, 4:15 pm
Just a SMB1 Castle-Ish level with a Boss at the end!

Since there are not so Many SMB1 Castle BGo.. I decied to use SMB3 Gray Pillar so it will fit on the Level style!

Screenies!
Spoiler:

Since i Heard that is Not neccesary to give credit to people on the Red Yoshi Pack.. I will not.. Im too lazy to open the Pack and search for every GFX I used :nom:

Download Dry Fortress!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Any Glitch or Bug? PM Me!

Any feedback? Comment :L
Minomutchi
Minomutchi
Slime
Slime
Posts Posts : 419

Gold Gold : 41500

Likes Likes : -1

Dry Fortress Empty Re: Dry Fortress

3/2/2013, 5:48 pm
Well, i just downloaded it and played it so;

It has some nice custom graphics, and i liked how last boss looked like ( I won't spoil anyone) 4 points

The level is nicely builded up, it has some nice lava and i founded that hidden mushy,but i think those pillar that doesn't reach the top of the castle look a little bit weird,also there is a bug at the final boss battle, i killed the boss, but i was at the last level of blocks, so when he died, the bridge appeared above me ¬.¬, which killed me. 5 points

I loved the custom music a lot, it really fit the level style, but at the final boss, the music totally changes, instead of the rocking creepy music, you fight the boss with a happy forest music,(xD) 4 points

The level is not that long, but it has a descent size and stuff. 3 points

Total score: 16/20, good job Bowja! Keep making up levels :D
MarioWizzerd
MarioWizzerd
Mega Member
Posts Posts : 615

Gold Gold : 41750

Likes Likes : 33

3/3/2013, 10:09 am
Looks not badDry Fortress 1036251537The level is very simple and very easy.I love SMB Castle Remix.But I don't like the overworld.And the bridge killed me Dry Fortress 745012908
bossedit8
bossedit8
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 105

Gold Gold : 42480

Likes Likes : 2

http://bossedit8.prophpbb.com

3/7/2013, 5:17 pm
my video playthrough:
@bossedit8's short review - Dry Fortress

The level was very nice. Simply designed levels are not letting the points down, really. There are places where you can go up then down but not that a big deal because you find items. The scenery placements are okay. There is nothing wrong about that even the pilars are SMB3 colored. About the music, the remix was a nice fit but the original is always the best, really. The enemy placements was nice but by the podoboos, they are many that are unnecessary. I mean they cannot even reach you. By the boss, it was just a regular SMB3 bowser but his hitbox is a bit bigger than the original and that is why he is breaking three blocks instead of two. At least the hitbox is the same so you wont be confused which site is gonna land. The glitch is easy to fix by the appearing bridge with a goal. I realised there is no checkpoint at this level. You can put it but not really that necessary because the level was not even too big.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum