Observatory Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Shulk: Decisive or Hyper Monado?

Dieofbetus
    Dieofbetus
    Newbie Member

Posts Posts : 24

Gold Gold : 26711

Likes Likes : 1

Shulk: Decisive or Hyper Monado? Empty Shulk: Decisive or Hyper Monado?

Post by Dieofbetus 4/7/2017, 1:37 pm

I'm preparing my wallet to order my Shulk amiibo, which is an amiibo I've been wanting to do, but I'm curious about which neutral B I should run on Shulk. On one hand, I know the amiibo won't cancel his monado, so decisive looks better for a longer buster. However, since I've heard that a shulk amiibo is a little brain dead, Hyper is appealing because it means my Shulk won't be stuck in a useless monado at the time, like a shield at 30% or a random jump, as I hear he's prone to. Also, the stronger smash monado is appealing for his power counter, which I plan on running. Thoughts?

Also, for my shulk's bonuses, I was planning on the 'Aggressive Healer' setup with trade off attack and two auto-heals. I might switch one auto heal for a life steal or a improved escape, but I'll see. Might need a bit of advice here, but the monado is more important to me right now.
    Arklaine
    Arklaine
    Mega Member

Posts Posts : 573

Gold Gold : 41572

Likes Likes : 95

Shulk: Decisive or Hyper Monado? Empty Re: Shulk: Decisive or Hyper Monado?

Post by Arklaine 4/12/2017, 3:04 pm

I used to run Decisive Monado on mine (he ran it pretty well), but sometimes it'll take too long for him to activate it while falling and thus plummets to his death. So I recommend this if you're absolutely fine with an occasional SD from time to time but want him to hit harder for as long as possible.

I haven't used Hyper Monado, but I've heard accounts say that he either will not use it at all, or he'll use it but not be able to do much with it because of its severely limited activation time.

Default Monado lets Shulk be at his most balanced with the Arts in power and activation time, but you can switch in between the other two customs depending on how you want Shulk to play.

Current date/time is 5/17/2024, 7:03 am