Observatory Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
CrimsonZEXAL
CrimsonZEXAL
Standard Member
Posts Posts : 195

Gold Gold : 33844

Likes Likes : 4

Amiibo Free-for-All (AFFA) - Page 12 Empty Amiibo Free-for-All (AFFA)

3/18/2017, 4:28 pm
Message reputation : 50% (2 votes)
First topic message reminder :

Hey everybody!

Chances are you never thought I'd be hosting an amiibo tournament, especially hosting one out of the blue for most of you. Starting this Monday, I will be posting videos of each match in my Amiibo Free-for-All on my YouTube channel (just look up 'CrimsonZEXAL' and you should find it). Unless I otherwise know that there's a demand for more uploads every day, the current schedule is to post 1 video (i.e. 1 best of 3 match) per day.

Right now, the current bracket consists of all 64 of my Sm4sh-compatible amiibo, which includes a good number of multiple characters (I own 4 Links). As a result, this tournament (without a 2-set grand finals) will be 126 matches. For many of you, I'm sure you would like to enter your amiibo into this tourney or subsequent ones. However, in time, I want to escalate the quality of my YouTube channel to the point where I can live stream these tournaments. 

So unlike most, if not all, other amiibo tournies, there will be an entry cost to compete. Don't worry; the charge isn't too brutal. I have a Patreon account set up that will have its holds removed on Monday. After the hold is removed, you can donate towards the channel and enter your amiibo for only $5. However, if you're trying to save on funds but still want to participate, I also have a $2 donation reward in place to let you rent one of my amiibos in your name. You would just need to donate the $2 and email me which amiibo you'd like to rent. 

If an amiibo you would like to rent is already taken, however, you can either choose another amiibo or I can put you in a queue for that amiibo in a later tournament. I will include the links to the bracket, my YouTube, and Patreon page for any who are interested in taking part, or checking out the tournament once it starts on Monday. (Edit) I will add an email to send your amiibo once I know there are people interested.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZuF7jov0UrdDZMVJH7xqcg
Gmail (for amiibo entries from other trainers): crimsonzexal39@gmail.com (Entry of amiibo will be confirmed upon donation to my Patreon. If the donation turnout is strong enough, I will allow for a cash pot for this and future tournaments. [Sorry, but the only way I'll be able to get live streams up in a reasonable amount of time is through Patreon right now.])
Challonge: http://challonge.com/CrimsonZEXAL
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=5304707

The rules for the tournament are listed below, and the purpose for the "free-for-all" style is to allow those unfamiliar with amiibo training and amiibo tournaments to see what matches are like when amiibo don't have bans on any aspect of their setup.
Best of 3 until Top 8
Top 8 - Best of 5
Rule for Human players sending in amiibos: 1 amiibo per entry
All Stat layouts, Equipment, and Customs allowed
Omega stages only, 2 stock, 6 mins

Last edited by CrimsonZEXAL on 3/20/2017, 2:14 pm; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : Spacing issue that I felt I needed to correct; Include links to tournament-related sites; Added rule for human players entering amiibos, as well as email to enter amiibos with; Included cash pot incentive for Patreon backers for tournament entry)

CrimsonZEXAL
CrimsonZEXAL
Standard Member

Amiibo Free-for-All (AFFA) - Page 12 Empty Re: Amiibo Free-for-All (AFFA)

5/13/2017, 12:39 am
And the winner of today's AFFA match is Dark Pit!

For tomorrow's match, past meets future, or rather a dinosaur meets a psychic! It's Mega Yarn Yoshi vs Ness!
CrimsonZEXAL
CrimsonZEXAL
Standard Member

5/13/2017, 2:03 pm
And the battle of Mega Yarn Yoshi vs Ness begins!

CrimsonZEXAL
CrimsonZEXAL
Standard Member

5/13/2017, 11:28 pm
And the winner of today's AFFA match is Ness!

For tomorrow's match, it's champion in blue versus plumber in green! More specifically, Link (Archer) vs Luigi!
CrimsonZEXAL
CrimsonZEXAL
Standard Member

5/14/2017, 2:25 pm
And the battle of Link (Archer) vs Luigi begins!

CrimsonZEXAL
CrimsonZEXAL
Standard Member

5/14/2017, 11:04 pm
And the winner of today's AFFA match is Luigi! 

For tomorrow's match, it's muscle versus fat, as Ryu takes on Wario!
CrimsonZEXAL
CrimsonZEXAL
Standard Member

5/16/2017, 12:34 am
Sorry that I missed this afternoon's announced match. I'll post it below for anyone who's interested.

The winner of today's AFFA match is surprisingly Wario! 

For tomorrow, a doctor tries to extract some anti-venom from a frog, as Dr. Mario fights Greninja!

CrimsonZEXAL
CrimsonZEXAL
Standard Member

5/16/2017, 5:05 pm
And the battle of Greninja vs Dr. Mario has begun!

CrimsonZEXAL
CrimsonZEXAL
Standard Member

5/16/2017, 11:00 pm
And the winner of today's AFFA match is Greninja! 

For tomorrow's match, we have a battle I've been waiting to show you: a team rivalry between Fox McCloud and Falco Lombardi!
CrimsonZEXAL
CrimsonZEXAL
Standard Member

5/17/2017, 11:23 pm
And the winner of today's AFFA rivalry match of Team StarFox is Falco! 

For tomorrow, a Subspace Emissary disciplinary council will take place, as Ganondorf brings the punishment against the former Ancient Minister, R.O.B. (NES)!

Also, here's the link to today's match:

CrimsonZEXAL
CrimsonZEXAL
Standard Member

5/18/2017, 11:26 pm
And the winner of today's AFFA match is Ganondorf! 

For tomorrow's match, a battle of blue begins, as Marth takes on Lucario!

Also, assuming that most of you guys know where to go to find my videos by now, I'll just reporting in on match results here! Unless I know there's demand for the links, I'll leave it at that.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum