Observatory Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Fox and or Meta Knight Suggestions

DONkLE
    DONkLE
    Standard Member

Posts Posts : 256

Gold Gold : 35561

Likes Likes : 17

Fox and or Meta Knight Suggestions Empty Fox and or Meta Knight Suggestions

Post by DONkLE 2/21/2017, 6:38 pm

I've got a Fox and a Meta Knight on the way, hopefully they will arrive within a week, and was wondering if you guys had any general suggestions regarding them. Thanks in advance!
    Blue
    Blue
    Administrator

Posts Posts : 889

Gold Gold : 56451

Likes Likes : 98

Fox and or Meta Knight Suggestions Empty Re: Fox and or Meta Knight Suggestions

Post by Blue 2/21/2017, 8:07 pm

Well..... Fox is hard coded to spam down smash, and Meta Knight is just really dumb. Good luck.(You'll need it)
    DONkLE
    DONkLE
    Standard Member

Post by DONkLE 2/21/2017, 8:34 pm

Blue wrote:Well..... Fox is hard coded to spam down smash, and Meta Knight is just really dumb. Good luck.(You'll need it)
    Thanks, I figured it was about time I took on some of the more challenging amiibo to train so the luck will he needed
    GameMasta97
    GameMasta97
    Mega Member

Posts Posts : 534

Gold Gold : 39627

Likes Likes : 20

Post by GameMasta97 2/22/2017, 12:44 am

From what I can remember from GMAT 2, Meta Knight seems to be a bit suicidal offstage with his Up-B.  On stages like Dream Land, MK will go under the platform during his Up-B and...You know what's next.
    I'm not a MK trainer, so good luck solving that problem.

I haven't had a Fox yet, no info for him...
    LittleFang
    LittleFang
    Standard Member

Posts Posts : 146

Gold Gold : 31064

Likes Likes : 29

Post by LittleFang 2/22/2017, 1:25 am

Oohwee. These two can be a hassle.

For Metaknight, I believe the loaded setup is best of him. He needs all the attack power he can get with his already weak moves. When training him focus on using his specials, forward smash, and down smash, primarily focusing on killing with forward smash. It may be slow but sometimes amiibo don't see it coming and it's really strong. Metaknight is also really good at dodging so to make up for his lost speed I recommend adding the improved dodge ability. bonus effect. To encourage him to use forward smash and down smash you can add hyper smash as well but I prefer lifesteal.

Like Blue said, Fox has a really big flaw in his ai to spam down smash. When training avoid using the move completely. Focus on killing with down and up smash. With upgraded attack stats his forward smash can easily break shields. Once again to encourage him to use those smash attacks I would recommend hyper smash. For spacing, it's best to use all of his tilts and jab and of course don't follow up on up tilt.

And that's about all I know about these two. Hope it was helpful.
    DONkLE
    DONkLE
    Standard Member

Post by DONkLE 2/22/2017, 9:34 am

Thanks for the responses everyone, I'll keep them in mind while training

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/17/2024, 6:52 am